Sign in to follow this  
rtodepart

who runs FS2020 on a ryzen 3800x ?

56 minutes ago, fogboundturtle said:

there you go @GSalden

thanks for posting the video . In this case than the 3900X should do ok too . 

Image removed as image is no longer available.

3900x user here. Couldn't be happier. Just about everything at Ultra at 3440x1440. 2080Ti and 32gb RAM. Great performance.

Richard

7950x3d   |   32Gb 6000mHz RAM   |   8Tb NVme   |   RTX 4090    |    MSFS    |    P3D    |      XP12  

6 hours ago, rtodepart said:

looking to build a new rig in the next few days and honestly I was much of a Intel man till now that I want to test the waters on the other side . was looking at the cheaper 3600 but wondered who runs FS2020 on the 3800x series and how is it ?????? thanks and in advance ....

What do you have now? It's absolutely worth waiting 2-3 weeks for the release of Ryzen 5000.

7800X3D | 32 GB DDR5-6000 | RTX 3090 | Acer Predator X34P GSync | Tobii Eye Tracker 5 | Completed all achievements 😛 https://i.postimg.cc/DyjR8mzG/image.png

3700x (@4.2ghz) here,

55-60 fps on a 1440 (144fps monitor) with a 5700XT. (countryside where I mainly fly VFR)

30-35 fps in the ultra detailed cities IE: Tokyo, New York

NB: I get better FPS in the cockpit than any external view

32 gigs ram.

CPU average usage moves between 15-22%

I can go ultra on settings if I want with no stutters, but owing to the teething issues the sim has decided High brings the best results with 200 LOD.

Brendon Isaac

23 minutes ago, MrFuzzy said:

What do you have now? It's absolutely worth waiting 2-3 weeks for the release of Ryzen 5000.

I will wait to see what they got . i had done the same in the past rush to buy parts then 2 weeks later something hits the market that i should of waited for . 

• Upvote 2

Image removed as image is no longer available.

In terms of my full spec:

AMD Ryzen 3800X
32GB 3600Mhz CL16 Team Group 8Pack Edition ram
Gigabyte Aorus X570 Master
Nvidia 2070 Super

Not overclocked anything. You can save a few dollars on the board, the Master however is an amazing board if you want all the bells and whistles. At 1080p the sim sits almost always at 60fps, with slight dips in the busiest areas like NY.  No stuttering at all, smooth as silk. At 1440p then the GPU is the limiting factor with frame rate between 50-60fps. I am only really interested in VR performance, so will see how well it does when VR is released.

All in all, bang for buck.. the Ryzen is a great choice. I came from Intel also, and not at all disappointed. If I all I did was play games then the Intel might be a better choice, but I don't play games really and use my PC for all kinds of work along with simming. 

When posting these enthusiastic 60 FPS numbers, you should name the plane you were using. No CPU will push 60 FPS in the Airbus at LAX, you're lucky to get 30.

-

Belligerent X-Plane 12 enthusiast on Apple M1 Max 64GB

Leaked benchmarks of the Ryzen 5800 (Zen 3) that launches in a week (8:th of October) shows that it's 60% faster in a test in Ashes of the Singularity than a Ryzen 3800X, and 17% faster than an Intel i9 10900k:

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Zen-3-Vermeer-could-finally-end-AMD-s-woes-in-gaming-Ryzen-7-5800X-is-17-faster-than-the-Core-i9-10900K-in-AoTS-at-4K-and-60-faster-than-the-Ryzen-7-3800X-at-1080p.495806.0.html

Sure - those leaked tests should be taken with a pinch of salt - and they will not translate to other games in that way - especially as it's on a Dx12 game that uses multiple cores better than MSFS today. Most games are not CPU limited etc. But it sure looks promising...

Edited by mazex

Ryzen 7800X3D | Gigabyte X670 Aorus Elite AX MB | 32GB 6000Mhz DDR5 | RTX 3080 GPU | Sound BlasterX AE-5 | Windows 11 Pro x64 | Virpil T-50 Throttle | T50 CM2 Grip + WarBRD | VKB T-rudder MK IV | Asus PG279Q 1440p | Valve Index VR | Samsung 980 Pro as system disk and Intel 665P SSD for games

If you are going for the 3800, go for the 3900 instead.

I am running this for both FS 2020 and P3D V5.

Maxed out on everything. 

Never thought I'd be able to ever say that.

ASUS TUF Gaming X570-Plus
AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 4.6 GHz
Corsair Vengeance 32GB DDR4 2666Mhz
2 Corsair Force MP600 SSD M.2 - 2TB PCIe 4.0
ASUS GeForce RTX 2060 Super 8GB V2

Regards,

Dave Opper

HiFi Support Manager

Supportteam_BannerA.png

1 hour ago, Colonel X said:

When posting these enthusiastic 60 FPS numbers, you should name the plane you were using. No CPU will push 60 FPS in the Airbus at LAX, you're lucky to get 30.

Challenge accepted. I'll try tonight and see what I am getting over LAX.

• Like 1

https://fsprocedures.com Your home for all flight simulator related checklist.

Go with Zen 2 Ryzen if you can be GPU bounded, e.g. 4K resolution, ultra graphics, etc.

Currently I am running 3700X with 2060S on near 1440P High/Ultra and I am mostly CPU bounded. 

My mid-term plan is to update my CPU to Zen 3 Ryzen if it can match current 10700K. Otherwise I will save for an Intel in the longer term.

6 hours ago, Colonel X said:

I don't touch the airliners in any sim. The GA types are more my thing, just like in the real world.. a whole lot more fun.

3800X user, and not happy. I cannot get it over 4.4ghz

2080ti and 32GB ram @3600

Getting poor performance. Well ok, not that poor, but not as expected. Not at all.

Specs in my signature, 4k Ultra except lod at 100, motion blur off, DOF off and instrument refresh rate at low.

I was with RTX 2060 on the same system, and got a 6900 XT now, and I don ´t have words to describe it, is truly amazing.

Still amazes me the amount of VRAM the sim can use under certain circunstancies, did a short KPHL-KLGA on the caravan, and VRAM was on 15GB on the approach, I mean, I have 16gb, but I´m worried that when addons starts to get serious, 16gb will not be enough to get a perfect performance.

Another thing is some stutter and texture blur, but my observations is that is a stutter caused by the texture loading, nothing was overload on the CPU and GPU side, I don´t know if can be my wifi connection or something, still have to try out.

I can go down to High settings, but.... it hurts when I have a 1.300€ and 10kg of card on my system... 😄

7800X3D / 7900XTX / ROG STRIX B650-A / Corsair Vengeance 32GB 6000mhz, etc etc.

2 hours ago, PaulM said:

Another thing is some stutter

Move your instrument refresh rate to high. Having it on low or medium can cause stuttering, something to do with GTcoherent draw.