Sign in to follow this  
Jajorgen

MS FS 2020 and Logitech Yolk and Quadrant

MAYBE ...someone here can help. Have the standard Logitech yoke and quadrant. X-plane, works with no issues. Downloaded MS FS 2020 on launch day and ever since then; an MS FS 2020 flight...my Logitech yoke just drops off, connection to my PC lost. I can pause the game for a few seconds only to have it drop off again minutes or even and hour later. Rinse and repeat, frustrating. I've searched online and updated drivers, adjusted Windows USB power settings, and tried everything...still happens daily. I opened an MS case and they told me to wait for the next update, 2 updates later...it still happens. This is very frustrating - am I missing something, is my Yoke just bad somehow, any advice would be greatly appreciated! 

This has to be the Power Management settings....

You have to disable the power management for not only the devices but also for the "HUBS".....Basically I go down the Device manager list and open everything on the devices but then also on the USB nodes....Make sure to turn off the power management on every single thing.... It is most likely the HUBS....And yes before you say "but I am plugged directly into the pc" the onboard ports are connected to a onboard hub that then connects to the controller.  There are usually a couple of controllers but then more ports than there are controllers :)....

Now worse -- every time W10 does updates....guess what there is a "feature" that tends to turn this word not allowed back on...so have fun but similar issue once I got all this resolved things stopped turning off 🙂

Les O'Reilly