Sign in to follow this  
maniamcool

Are we in a better or worse place since launch?

20 minutes ago, himmelhorse said:

My sincere apologies. It was supposed to be a direct quote from the OP. The intent then and now to both you and the OP was not to offend and if I have done so, again I apologise.

Regards

Tony

is all good i understand .. 

Edited by rtodepart
  • Like 1

Image removed as image is no longer available.

Much better here, especially performance wise after patch 2.

• Like 2

Chock 1.1: "The only thing that whines louder than a jet engine is a flight simmer."

To be fair it wouldn't take much to get the game to where I would like it to be...

1. Fix the 747 autopilot so it flies in a straight line and can hold APP flying the ILS.

2. Autopilot should be on and settings/panel saved as left when loading a flight (applies to all aircraft).

3. Fix the FMC so it retains the flight plan in between sessions. (Applies to both big jets).

4. Rework the A320 from the ground up, with deference to those who are not experiencing difficulty I find the wretched thing unflyable in terms of speed/VS and the AP not really doing its thing.

5. Fix fuel consumption so we are not burning Avgas or JetAI at sea level rate cruising at FL320.

Further down the line...
Give me a DC10, 707 and L1011 to fly.
Put in some sort of career path or mission generator.

And that would be me sorted, really.

Edited by Elvensmith

4 hours ago, maniamcool said:

My experience so far is that the sim has gone backwards since launch.

With every patch, more things seem to break and performance degrades further. 

It's absolutely appalling how Asebo can get away with this garbage in 2020.

I don't see us as being worse off, however I don't see us as being any better off either. 

If they stop doing any more new fixes and just fix the bits that broke during the last patches to bring some stability to it, then it would well and truly be a step up.

I enjoy the sim, I'm now doing VFR without the map so it's an all new experience but it would be nice to just get in and drive/Fly without worrying that I may accidentally hit the CTD buttons....

Brendon

Brendon Isaac

3 hours ago, Will Fly For Cheese said:

Look how fast the tall buildings issue was fixed.

Where did you see it was fixed?

Edited by jlund

Jorn Lundtoft

I don't always stop and look at airplanes.........Oh wait, Yes I do.

Intel I7-13700F, 32GB Fury DDR5 - 6000, Kingston 1TB NVMe PCIe 4.0 SSD, Asus Geforce RTX 4070 TI 12GB, Kingston 2TB M2 NVMe SSD, Corsair 750W PCU, Windows 11

Sorry double post.

Edited by jlund

Jorn Lundtoft

I don't always stop and look at airplanes.........Oh wait, Yes I do.

Intel I7-13700F, 32GB Fury DDR5 - 6000, Kingston 1TB NVMe PCIe 4.0 SSD, Asus Geforce RTX 4070 TI 12GB, Kingston 2TB M2 NVMe SSD, Corsair 750W PCU, Windows 11

criticism is important and you should listen, but if someone talks about "garbage", this is the last time I will ever answer such a thread, this "art" has absolutely nothing to do with constructive criticism.

• Like 2

Nearly every... single... person...  who says the sim is broken or worse for them since launch has one or more mods or cfg fixes in their sim.   

Now...   i qualified that with 'nearly' because of course, we are playing on PCs that have variables.  Some things are gonna go screwy sometimes for weird reasons.   

Are there issues? Sure.  But theyre known, being worked on, and its been getting better for the vast majority.   LOD degradation wasn't a feature or fix, it was an unforseen issue thats getting fixed.  

Anyone who's sim is getting worse, especially to the point of 'broken' after these patches, has been trying to 'fix it' themselves.  

• Like 1

there are water issues that weren't here before the patch and a new crash with the VFR map  that wasn't there before the patch.  Having new problems when there were plenty already to deal with, is not a good sign IMO. 

Kind regards,

Tim

CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K (OC 4.7) CPU COOLER: Noctua nh-d15S GPU: Nvidia GTX 1070-Ti FTW2 8GB  SSD: Crucial MX500 1TB HDD: Seagate 500GB - Maxtor 250GB - WD 250GB RAM: Team Vulcan 16 GB MBD: Gigabyte Z370P D3
PSU: Evga 650w  OS: Win 10 Pro

5 hours ago, Will Fly For Cheese said:

Look how fast the tall buildings issue was fixed.

We're in a wonderful place.

I have not had the chance to fly since the new patch, I did load my local airport and saw the tall builds that were not there before, has that been fixed already?

Mostly better.

Have the VFR map turned off anyway. It was also a FPS hit. I use aircraft that I have no use for it.

Edited by Nyxx
  • Like 1

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

41 minutes ago, Isaiah53six said:

there are water issues that weren't here before the patch and a new crash with the VFR map  that wasn't there before the patch.  Having new problems when there were plenty already to deal with, is not a good sign IMO. 

If you were watching the Q&A you will know that for the last update they fixed 700 bugs / edge conditions and introduced 3/4 new ones..  now whilst I agree that the three new ones were really good ones, none of them actually stop you flying if you follow the recommendations on the known issues page.  For some people, the fixes that they did do really solved some major issues and actually allowed them to fly for the first time, so it's a bit of a trade off.  Personally, 3 things I reported to Zendesk were fixed and are now fully operational.  I agree introducing new bugs is not good, but with all the work going on with a team of 200 internal people and a number of external people, I really think this is something that we have to get used to.

Graham

• Like 2

System specs...   CPU AMD5950,  GPU AMD6900XT,  ROG crosshair VIII Hero motherboard, Corsair 64 gig LPX 3600 mem, Air cooling on GPU,   Kraken x pump cooling on CPU.  Samsung G7 curved 27" monitor at 2k resolution ULTRA default settings.

No doubt a decrease in the visual aspect has been introduced with last patch (lod, tree density, water look) and since to me Fs2020 is right now mainly a VFR low experience I can see I'm not happy but...but the overall rendition is still much ahead of competitors and I must admit if this was realease one I'd still be satisfied. I really hope they can bring back the visual settings of august release.

3 minutes ago, Desaix said:

No doubt a decrease in the visual aspect has been introduced with last patch (lod, tree density, water look) and since to me Fs2020 is right now mainly a VFR low experience I can see I'm not happy but...but the overall rendition is still much ahead of competitors and I must admit if this was realease one I'd still be satisfied. I really hope they can bring back the visual settings of august release.

They stated in the Q&A that they have also noticed this and are trying to determine how, why and what but there was no intentional "dumbing down" of the LOD or graphics.  What they also said was that they are actually looking to expand the draw distance because they have found in testing that adding further away detail does not have such a major impact on processing as they thought it would.

Graham

• Like 1

System specs...   CPU AMD5950,  GPU AMD6900XT,  ROG crosshair VIII Hero motherboard, Corsair 64 gig LPX 3600 mem, Air cooling on GPU,   Kraken x pump cooling on CPU.  Samsung G7 curved 27" monitor at 2k resolution ULTRA default settings.

Isiaih536six,

"there are water issues that weren't here before the patch and a new crash with the VFR map  that wasn't there before the patch.  Having new problems when there were plenty already to deal with, is not a good sign IMO"

You can map that to any key ... I have it mapped to "M" on the keyboard and you do not have to use the task bar.  For me ... A simple fix.

Tony. 

Tony Chilcott.

My System. Motherboard. ASRock Taichi X570 CPU Ryzen 9 3900x (not yet overclocked). RAM 32gb Corsair Vengeance (2x16) 3200mhz. 1 x Gigabyte Aorus GTX1080ti Extreme and a 1200watt PSU.

1 x 1tb SSD 3 x 240BG SSD and 4 x 2TB HDD

OS Win 10 Pro 64bit. Simulators ... FS2004/P3Dv4.5/Xplane.DCS/Aeroflyfs2...MSFS to come for sure.