Sign in to follow this  
maniamcool

Are we in a better or worse place since launch?

My experience so far is that the sim has gone backwards since launch.

With every patch, more things seem to break and performance degrades further. 

It's absolutely appalling how Asebo can get away with this garbage in 2020.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

Definitely better. vastly better.

But you see, the answer really depends on what you doing in the sim. For some of us the game is better, apparently for others important features are now broken to the point they will not play.

It is not really a simple better/worse scenario.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

Worse for me.I'll wait for the early Nov

Patch.I'm not going to subject my computer and its very expensive video card to constant CTD's.The ball is in

Asobos court they have to show some

Improvement to basic airplane equipment

• Upvote 1

Yeah worse, before at least I was able to fly the TBM without any issues at all. Now plenty of problems. 

Edited by UAL4life

I've flying the airbus. I like the flight planning and this aircraft  is getting me from point A to point B without any issues. No crashes except for the VFR map, which I am not using until they fix it.

tc

• Like 1

Close to zero problems for me and now the airliners are at least flyable without fps issues. Much better.

• Like 3

FSX | DCS | X-Plane 11 | MSFS 2020 | IL2:BoX

Favorite aircraft currently: MSFS Savage Cub

Whilst a couple of issues have, shall we say, annoyed me..  I think it is obvious that things have moved forward, but there are a couple of big issues in what's been released that have detracted from that move.

Obviously the sensetivity issue was a pain, although now fixed, and the avionics bug..  which is noted with a workaround on the faq and the dark screens on the jets, also noted on the faq with a workaround.   The CTD's issue is also annoying, but again, the things that cause it and ways to workaround are also listed on the FAQ.  None of these issues are currently Game breaking, although they may have changed some of the things we do in game.

On the other side, we have recieved, to date, over 700 bug and special case fixes, new airports (although a couple of these are a bit dodgy still ) changes to over 120 airports in the game.. some 50 in the US with towers and others with correctly aligned beacons etc..  The Japan Update,  and the first update which was a a major update which for many of us majorly increased the GPS we got and brought down the CPU usage to stop that bottlenecking.

We have seen major updates to the SDK  (still a long way to go in some cases though)

We have seen teams of dedicated users start to get into gear with one of the hearts of simming.. that of user mods,  we have seen 7 (or is it 8 now) 3rd party companies adding airports and scenery enhancements, 3 adding aircraft (possible quality issues, butupto the buyer) , and other various bits and bobs, with other major companies signing up to work with the company to ensure their products arrive sooner or later.

So yes, I believe that we have moved forward a great deal, although it may not seem like it if your one issue (or a couple) hasn't made it to the top of the list yet.

For me the question is.. can I carry on flying, ad the answer is yes, in all aircraft for a number of hours each day.. so yeah..  needs more work, but it's getting a lot as well.

Graham

Edited by Moria15
  • Like 12
  • Upvote 2

System specs...   CPU AMD5950,  GPU AMD6900XT,  ROG crosshair VIII Hero motherboard, Corsair 64 gig LPX 3600 mem, Air cooling on GPU,   Kraken x pump cooling on CPU.  Samsung G7 curved 27" monitor at 2k resolution ULTRA default settings.

Since you asked. A different place.

I'm not happy with the 2 step forward, 2 steps back approach to development. Come to think of it, it is more like a tango; forward, back -cha-cha-cha. left, right -cha-cha-cha.

Seriously though, the breaking of things in the process of rolling out updates is pretty concerning.

I think I'll play Factorio and Starsector for awhile and stop worrying about it.

Edited by RichieFly
typo
  • Like 1

Richard Chafey

i7-8700K @4.8GHz - 32Gb @3200  - ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero - EVGA RTX3090 - 3840x2160 Res - KBSim Gunfighter - Thrustmaster Warthog dual throttles - Crosswind V3 pedals

MSFS 2020, DCS

1 minute ago, Moria15 said:

On the other side, we have recieved, to date, over 700 bug and special case fixes, new airports (although a couple of these are a bit dodgy still ) changes to over 120 airports in the game.. some 50 in the US with towers and others with correctly aligned beacons etc..  The Japan Update,  a major update which for many of us majorly increased the GPS we got and brought down the CPU usage to stop that bottlenecking.

We have seen major updates to the SDK  (still a long way to go in some cases though)

We have seen teams of dedicated users start to get into gear with one of the hearts of simming.. that of user mods,  we have seen 7 (or is it 8 now) 3rd party companies adding airports and scenery enhancements, 3 adding aircraft (possible quality issues, butupto the buyer) , and other various bits and bobs, with other major companies signing up to work with the company to ensure their products arrive sooner or later.

So yes, I believe that we have moved forward a great deal, although it may not seem like it if your one issue (or a couple) hasn't made it to the top of the list yet.

Graham

An excellent summary of the state of MSFS 2020.

• Like 1

Pointless to complain on this forum (Obviously vote up the issue thread over at the official forums or submit a detailed zendesk complaint). When they broke the airbus we had to wait for the fix. Now that is fixed other things are broken. What's more concerning is the LOD issue. I am extremely happy they have recognized it but i have honestly  lost the desire to really fly the sim until its fixed.

The vfr map thing for me is no big deal but i bet for someone else it is a big deal. I just wish additional bugs that really bother me don't get introduced patch after patch. For me after spending all that money building a system just to run this sim and being impressed with the quality of the visuals on release you cannot really expect me to be happy with degraded visuals.

I just want to start the thing and do a flight without some issue important to me obviously popping up and ruining the experience. Everyone gets their enjoyment from the sim in different ways. I just  don't want to have to start crossing fingers and toes that they don't screw up something when they release a "patch" and personally for my experience its already at two screwups out of the three patches.

Edited by Maxis
clarity

AMD Ryzen 5900X / Asus Strix B550 F Gaming Wifi / Powercolor AMD 6800XT Red Devil / 32GB Gskill Trident Neo DDR4 3600 / 2x ADATA XPG 8200pro NVME / Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280 / EVGA Supernova 750 GT PSU / Lian Li Lancool II Mesh Performance /

Asus VG34VQL3A / Schiit Bifrost DAC+ Schiit Asgard AMP /  Sennheiser HD 558 / Thrustmaster T.16000M + TFRP Rudders

9 minutes ago, himmelhorse said:

This statement is actually what IS appalling. Admittedly, there are still some problems, for some .... not all, but statements/attitudes like this do not reflect the full community responses. Let the developers know your problems in a similar manner and I am quite sure that they will jump through hoops and bend over backwards to help you with your individual (non stated) problems.  I know, I would most likely ignore you (and that in itself is an emotional, and, probably incorrect response). 

I feel that there will be relatively few who would agree with you that we/they are going backwards.

Statements like this are not helpful to anyone and I believe are more inclined to incite.  Do the RIGHT thing by telling the developers, precisely what you feel the problems are and simply stop venting for the sake of it.

I truly wish you well in the future and hope you sort it all out, My feeling though, is that you are going about it the wrong way.

Tony

somehow your quote has my username on it . 

Image removed as image is no longer available.

My sincere apologies. It was supposed to be a direct quote from the OP. The intent then and now to both you and the OP was not to offend and if I have done so, again I apologise.

Regards

Tony

Tony Chilcott.

My System. Motherboard. ASRock Taichi X570 CPU Ryzen 9 3900x (not yet overclocked). RAM 32gb Corsair Vengeance (2x16) 3200mhz. 1 x Gigabyte Aorus GTX1080ti Extreme and a 1200watt PSU.

1 x 1tb SSD 3 x 240BG SSD and 4 x 2TB HDD

OS Win 10 Pro 64bit. Simulators ... FS2004/P3Dv4.5/Xplane.DCS/Aeroflyfs2...MSFS to come for sure.