Sign in to follow this  
himmelhorse

MSFS Avionics display after update

Hello all,

Has anyone noticed that there is no Avionics display for the Baron58 or the DA62 after the latest update.

I fired it up this morning for a flight using the Longtitude and all OK. This afternoon I fired up for a flight in the Baron58 and noticed no avionics displayed starting on the runway. I then tried the DA62 and same thing. Subsequently I went back for a flight with the Longtitude and that was OK but the other two (only ones I tried) are still black panels,

Everything else is working normally except for the VFR Map using the task bar.  I found a workround for that by simply mapping "M" for the VFR map and it works normally now using that key. I hope that users of the VFR Map find this useful, The task bar is still CTD on each application.

I am just wondering if it is my set up or if it is common as at this time I appear to be unable to fix it.  All worked well before the update.

Regards

Tony

Tony Chilcott.

My System. Motherboard. ASRock Taichi X570 CPU Ryzen 9 3900x (not yet overclocked). RAM 32gb Corsair Vengeance (2x16) 3200mhz. 1 x Gigabyte Aorus GTX1080ti Extreme and a 1200watt PSU.

1 x 1tb SSD 3 x 240BG SSD and 4 x 2TB HDD

OS Win 10 Pro 64bit. Simulators ... FS2004/P3Dv4.5/Xplane.DCS/Aeroflyfs2...MSFS to come for sure.

A little more info for you all.

The following aircraft are affected

Cessna 172 G1000

Cessna 182

Cessna 208

Cirrus

DA40NG

DA 62

Baron58

Bonanza g36

A mate tells me that his Carenado 172 is also affected.

Everything else appears to be working normally for me. Airliners not tested.

Tony

Tony Chilcott.

My System. Motherboard. ASRock Taichi X570 CPU Ryzen 9 3900x (not yet overclocked). RAM 32gb Corsair Vengeance (2x16) 3200mhz. 1 x Gigabyte Aorus GTX1080ti Extreme and a 1200watt PSU.

OS Win 10 Pro 64bit. Simulators ... FS2004/P3Dv4.5/Xplane.DCS/Aeroflyfs2...MSFS to come for sure.

I just checked a bunch at a variety of airports and no issues here.  Do you have any mods at all?  Any changes to the avionics that you manually made in a configuration file?  Otherwise I wonder if something is corrupted in your patch.

Edited by pjs37

7 hours ago, himmelhorse said:

The following aircraft are affected

That's, like...   all the planes with the G1000, and nothing but, I believe.    Do you have the G1000 mod installed?   If so, you may need to update it to 0.3; older versions are not compatible with this update of the sim.

13 minutes ago, kaosfere said:

That's, like...   all the planes with the G1000, and nothing but, I believe.    Do you have the G1000 mod installed?   If so, you may need to update it to 0.3; older versions are not compatible with this update of the sim.

Yeah I was thinking that as well...

Asobo's patches doesn't update mods.

Edited by Ixoye

System: I ASRock X670E | AMD 7800X3D | 32Gb DDR5 6000 | RTX 4090 | 2TB NVMe | LG Ultra Gear 34* UW |

12 minutes ago, Ixoye said:

Asobo's patches doesn't update mods.

No, they create conflicts with the old mods..

Edited by Bert Pieke
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Bert

8 hours ago, himmelhorse said:

Cessna 172 G1000

I completed a quite enjoyable 2.4 hour flight yesterday in the 172 (G1000) without any issues whatsoever.  And I am fully updated.  In case it is in play here let me say that I fly with a Honeycomb Alpha Yoke and currently in MFS I have all of the switches on the yoke housing unmapped.  Alt, Bat, both Avionics switches, and all (5) of the light switches.  Just using my mouse to control those switches.  All of my switches on the yoke pods are mapped. 

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

9 hours ago, himmelhorse said:

Hello all,

Has anyone noticed that there is no Avionics display for the Baron58 or the DA62 after the latest update.

I fired it up this morning for a flight using the Longtitude and all OK. This afternoon I fired up for a flight in the Baron58 and noticed no avionics displayed starting on the runway. I then tried the DA62 and same thing. Subsequently I went back for a flight with the Longtitude and that was OK but the other two (only ones I tried) are still black panels,

Everything else is working normally except for the VFR Map using the task bar.  I found a workround for that by simply mapping "M" for the VFR map and it works normally now using that key. I hope that users of the VFR Map find this useful, The task bar is still CTD on each application.

I am just wondering if it is my set up or if it is common as at this time I appear to be unable to fix it.  All worked well before the update.

Regards

Tony

The workaround you indicate for the VFR map does not work for me. Since the beginning I use a key to show/hide the map (I never use the toolbar) and each time I press this key, I have a CTD. OK, I use Ctrl-M and not M (magnetos) but does it make any difference?

The work around for the VFR map is to open it at the start of the flight and never close it again, per the MSFS forum official Known Items list.

I believe there is an option in Settings to have it open automatically at the start of the flight.

AMD 3950X | 64GB RAM | AMD 5700XT | CH Fighterstick / Pro Throttle / Pro Pedals

4 minutes ago, Rocky said:

The workaround you indicate for the VFR map does not work for me. Since the beginning I use a key to show/hide the map (I never use the toolbar) and each time I press this key, I have a CTD. OK, I use Ctrl-M and not M (magnetos) but does it make any difference?

Rocky, I am sorry to hear that it does not work for you.  I had that key mapped long before this became an issue and was using it without issue from the start.  I think a key mapping is what it is and unless you have other things mapped to the same key, I do not believe it should make a difference.  

Marsman2020 has pointed out a temporary fix ... I was not aware of that either, but I hope it works for you and/or others.

For the rest of the responders, I thank you all sincerely for your input. Kaosfere, I think may be on the right track with the G1000 mod which I have not updated as yet.  I will try that a little later ... it is 1.30am here and probably time to go to bed (again LOL) and I will report back after I update.

Thanks again guys, this has been very helpful.

Tony

Tony Chilcott.

OK.  I applied the workingtitle-g1000 (v0.3.0) and the G1000 is no longer working in the three aircraft I tried.  Removed the mod and the G1000 is back working again.  When copying it over into the Community folder I received this error.  Only two options available.  I chose Skip during the process.  What is the solution to this issue?  The full path to my community folder is:

D:\WpSystem\S-1-5-21-4064563360-2683254180-3332666863-1001\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache\Packages\Community

image.png.13003d3875f808c4fb825ea741adaaed.png

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

43 minutes ago, fppilot said:

OK.  I applied the workingtitle-g1000 (v0.3.0) and the G1000 is no longer working in the three aircraft I tried.  Removed the mod and the G1000 is back working again.  When copying it over into the Community folder I received this error.  Only two options available.  I chose Skip during the process.  What is the solution to this issue?  The full path to my community folder is:

D:\WpSystem\S-1-5-21-4064563360-2683254180-3332666863-1001\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache\Packages\Community

image.png.13003d3875f808c4fb825ea741adaaed.png

I am sure someone smarter will have a better answer then me but I would go up a level and copy both the community and official directory and place them in a new top level folder like D:\MSFS2020 and then uninstall and reinstall the sim to that folder (when you do the bit after the launcher is installed make sure you designate the new folder as your destination) with any luck maybe it won't need to download the whole sim again.

Otherwise I believe there is a registry edit you can do to allow longer file names.

I think you might be copying the base folder of the master patch to your community folder. It has several sub-folders inside it. You just need to click through the folder to the actual mod folder that has the individual files inside, not and other folder. Place that folder in Community and delete the rest. The folder that sits in Community will have a json file etc in it.

It is odd that MS/Asobo chose such convoluted folder directory structures that risk bumping up against the limits of Windows. The easy workaround it to choose your own directory when initially installing and not go with the default option with its illogical number string folder naming conventions.

Edited by RaptyrOne

GregH

Intel Core i7 14700K / Palit RTX4070Ti Super OC / Corsair 32GB DDR5 6000 MHz / MSI Z790 M/board / Corsair NVMe 9500 read, 8500 write / Corsair PSU1200W / CH Products Yoke, Pedals & Quad; Airbus Side Stick, Airbus Quadrant / TrackIR, 32” 4K 144hz 1ms Monitor