Sign in to follow this  
andy a

Marketplace not working

Thank you for being so helpful. Much appreciated. Hopefully I'll get it sorted out.

Kind regards

andy a

..it has just come to mind that I successfully downloaded and installed the  Patch1.9.3.0  via the Marketplace a couple of days ago. Just wonder if this could have caused any problem

andy a

As many users, I could not download the Japan scenery on the marketplace (as other stuff). This is an account issue. You have to submit a request to Zendesk (see MSFS forum). I received an email just one hour after doing that, and my access to the marketplace is now fully restored.

A reactivity quite comforting for me.

Edited by danhenri

Intel Core i7-9700K (3.6 GHz/4.9 GHz), GeForce RTX 4060 TI, DDR4 32Go, screen ASUS XG32VQR 32'', Honeycomb Alpha Flight Controls, Bravo Throttle Quadrant, Pro Pedal CH Products, TCA Sidestick Airbus, TCA Boeing Yoke Edition

I submitted and re-submitted the marketplace bug.  In my case I can d/l the free content but can't purchase.  I've also called MS/xbox services directly and they can't find the issue.

I've tried all the tricks in their FAQa and none work.  A lot of other people are having this issue also.

Jeff D. Nielsen (KMCI)

https://www.twitch.tv/pilotskcx

https://discord.io/MaxDutyDay

10th Gen Intel Core i9 10900KF (10-Core, 20MB Cache, 3.7GHz to 5.3GHz w/Thermal Velocity Boost) | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 24GB GDDR6X | 128GB Dual Channel DDR4 XMP at 3200MHz | 2TB M.2 PCIe SSD (Boot) + 2TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s (Storage) | Lunar Light chassis with High-Performance CPU/GPU Liquid Cooling and 1000W Power Supply

I was on the phone with XBOX support for about an hour.  I tried all the steps I found scattered around the internet.  They basically passed me off to another dude who plainly said "we're updating our servers and we've been having issues for the past week."

My problem was I am getting a purchase failed message when I try to buy the Mooney.

It's kind of funny that people want to give them money but their store is so broken LOL

Edited by ryanbatcund
  • Like 1

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Thank you danhenri, Jeff and Ryan for your replies.  

2 hours ago, ryanbatcund said:

I was on the phone with XBOX support for about an hour.  I tried all the steps I found scattered around the internet.  They basically passed me off to another dude who plainly said "we're updating our servers and we've been having issues for the past week."

My problem was I am getting a purchase failed message when I try to buy the Mooney.

It's kind of funny that people want to give them money but their store is so broken LOL

How true Ryan😀

andy a

I submitted a request for help via Zendesk 15 hours ago, but think I'll have to try again. No response other than email acknowledgement.

andy a

28 minutes ago, andy a said:

I submitted a request for help via Zendesk 15 hours ago, but think I'll have to try again. No response other than email acknowledgement.

Hopefully they can help; I really feel its something on the MS Accounts/Windows end of things because of that popping up window.  Do you have like a PIN to log into your PC or a fingerprint scanner or something?  I know I sound like a broken record but just trying to see if there is something we can check in the mean time.  I been using my desktop which just uses a PIN but maybe I will try to buy something from my laptop later see how that works since that uses a camera to log me in.

2 hours ago, pjs37 said:

Hopefully they can help; I really feel its something on the MS Accounts/Windows end of things because of that popping up window.  Do you have like a PIN to log into your PC or a fingerprint scanner or something?  I know I sound like a broken record but just trying to see if there is something we can check in the mean time.  I been using my desktop which just uses a PIN but maybe I will try to buy something from my laptop later see how that works since that uses a camera to log me in.

You do not sound like a broken record, and I greatly appreciate the fact that you are trying to help.

When I start up my Desktop PC, I have to enter my  Microsoft Account PIN, and as soon as that's done, the PC opens up.

As some other members are experiencing this sort of problem, I wonder if the Patch earlier downloaded and installed this week, via Marketplace, could have caused any problem

I don't often post on forums because of my lack of computing knowledge and forum protocol, and therefore there is a degree of trepidation when so doing. I'm not even on a par with a 5 year old 😕

andy a

20 minutes ago, andy a said:

You do not sound like a broken record, and I greatly appreciate the fact that you are trying to help.

When I start up my Desktop PC, I have to enter my  Microsoft Account PIN, and as soon as that's done, the PC opens up.

As some other members are experiencing this sort of problem, I wonder if the Patch earlier downloaded and installed this week, via Marketplace, could have caused any problem

I don't often post on forums because of my lack of computing knowledge and forum protocol, and therefore there is a degree of trepidation when so doing. I'm not even on a par with a 5 year old 😕

Nah you are probably better at the PC stuff then you give yourself credit for.  The fact you are at a webforum asking and testing stuff tells me a lot.

If you could check this: https://www.cnet.com/how-to/how-to-use-a-microsoft-account-in-windows-10/ Just to make sure your xbox account/microsoft account (which are hopefully the same or linked together) is linked to your system account properly.  It may be that you are logged into a different account on the PC which is not the same application linked with MSFS especially if its a shared device.

Addition if you run the Microsoft Store App on PC is that is what is giving you the 400 error code or just the website?

16 minutes ago, pjs37 said:

Nah you are probably better at the PC stuff then you give yourself credit for.  The fact you are at a webforum asking and testing stuff tells me a lot.

If you could check this: https://www.cnet.com/how-to/how-to-use-a-microsoft-account-in-windows-10/ Just to make sure your xbox account/microsoft account (which are hopefully the same or linked together) is linked to your system account properly.  It may be that you are logged into a different account on the PC which is not the same application linked with MSFS especially if its a shared device.

Addition if you run the Microsoft Store App on PC is that is what is giving you the 400 error code or just the website?

Thank you!  I Googled Microsoft Store and that's when I got the Error 400.

However, Eureka!!! success at last. Tucked away in a corner when trawling through Zendesk, I found something ,not directly related to my problem, but I started MS2020, this time  not as administrator, ...and it worked. I don't know if it was shouting at the computer, or a bit of luck, but I'm pleased it is now resolved. Yippee ki-yay!!

Again my thanks to you and the other guys who posted replies.

Kind regards

Andy

• Upvote 1

andy a

Just now, andy a said:

Thank you!  I Googled Microsoft Store and that's when I got the Error 400.

However, Eureka!!! success at last. Tucked away in a corner when trawling through Zendesk, I found something ,not directly related to my problem, but I started MS2020, this time  not as administrator, ...and it worked. I don't know if it was shouting at the computer, or a bit of luck, but I'm pleased it is now resolved. Yippee ki-yay!!

Again my thanks to you and the other guys who posted replies.

Kind regards

Andy

Ah yes!  Yeah when you run the game as Admin that is actually running MSFS in the local PC Account Administrator which is not linked with the Microsoft account.  I am so glad you got it figured out!  See you did it just fine you are more savvy then you give yourself credit for.

Wasn’t working for me either. Was trying to buy Key West.  Logged in NOT as Admin - and bingo!  All set.  

Off to fly from Naples to Key West.  Thanks for the tip!

53 minutes ago, caneman said:

Wasn’t working for me either. Was trying to buy Key West.  Logged in NOT as Admin - and bingo!  All set.  

Off to fly from Naples to Key West.  Thanks for the tip!

You are welcome. First time I have ever helped anyone on the forum. Have a good flight.

andy a