Sign in to follow this  
Guest Binkles

Install Error 1335

Guest RAF74_Vostok

I've tried two different Deluxe packages and none of them are able to install correcty. I've both tried installing from the DVD and have copied the DVDs to the computer, and both ways have failed.I receive an error code 1335 that the D1Feat~7.cab file is corrupt and that the installation cannot continue.Can someone send me the D1Feat~7.cab file if no one else has any ideas how to resolve this problem?Oddly enough i can OPEN and view all the contents of the cab file without issue.

I had the same problem. I called MS and the Tech advised me to update the Firmware for my cd/dvd drive. I went on the web site for my drive(Sansung) and looked up the drive number and found a firmware update. I installed it and had a failure free install of MSX.maxsdad

Guest Binkles

Sadly this hasn't worked for me, any other ideas?

Guest Fly Navy

I, too, have had the same problem, with the same lockup at cabinet 7. I tried every method described in the URL, http://support.microsoft.com/kb/258496/en-us/ with no luck. The file, D1Feat~7.cab seems to be intact per method 9 at that url. Thanks for the info re DVD. Didn't go the firmware update route because I have the latest per the manufacturer. Plan to try installing tomorrow from a borrowed external CD-DVD. MS support agrees that this may work. Will keep you posted.

Guest Fly Navy

Installing FSX with the external CD-DVD drive worked flawlessly. Clearly, the problem is with my internal CD-DVD, which seems to be what others have seen. Shortly after I loaded FSX and began using it, I received a follow-up call from Microsoft support. The technician agreed with my fix, but then said that converting the internal drive from DMA to PIO might also have worked. Seems that DMA writes first to RAM and then the files are loaded to the hard drive. PIO, while somewhat slower, writes directly to the hard drive. D1Feat~7.cab is nearly 260 MB in size and is one of the largest cabinet files. The tech thought that was the reason the hangup occurred at the time it did.In any case, on one of my first hops, I landed the deHavilland Beaver in the ocean on the south coast of Barbados, from the right seat. Looks like FSX may be fun after all.