Sign in to follow this  
Glenn Fitzpatrick

Ecuador still looks like Mario Kart post patch

Not sure you can do anything about that, roads over mountains need a procedural terraforming to simulate a correct slope. Not the scope of this sim I'm afraid

What am I supposed to be seeing that's so bad? Now post the same stretch of territory on P3D for comparison. 

8 hours ago, Desaix said:

Not sure you can do anything about that, roads over mountains need a procedural terraforming to simulate a correct slope. Not the scope of this sim I'm afraid

Would be a lot better if they could AI the roads to be level from shoulder to shoulder. Would immediately cleanup the coastal highways like California and the Sea to sky north of Vancouver in Canada 

• Like 1

All that's needed is a more accurate mesh, which unfortunately isn't available for the entire globe. In a couple of dev interviews I recall them mentioning that meshes will be improved for parts of the world, as they become available.

11 hours ago, DPSimulation said:

I know it gets repeated time and again - often ignored - but different people within the company work on different content.

And as many times as it gets repeated I'M Not Buying that Excuse!!!

Chris Camp

4 minutes ago, Kilo60 said:

Especially since we are talking about scenery related issues here... which I'm sure has the same people working on it.

2 hours ago, Kilo60 said:

I actually posted it because the weird bridges and flyovers due to the mapping mismatch with the mesh were amusing.  I have no problem with the game the odd glitch I get is easily overcome.

Edited by Glenn Fitzpatrick
irrelevant content removed

Flying at street level is never going to look great in a Flight simulator. This isn’t GTA. 

Edited by desbean

I am from/live in Ecuador (SEQM). I think most of the country is well represented. As you can see in the video the roads in the mountains does not look good, but I think that problem is everywhere in the sim.

I think the main problem for territories like Ecuador is Bing outdated maps, the main road to get to the airport (built in 2014) does not exist in the sim. I hope MS/Asobo will do something to update Bing maps

1 hour ago, Glenn Fitzpatrick said:

The real question is IF your not buying the game why come on this forum at all ?

Glenn, I do not think that is actually what he is saying. IMO, he is referring to the excuse and not to the sim.

There are iterally many areas of the globe which are not accurate to say the least. Just two that I have come across in Australia ...  try finding YBWW Wellcamp (in Toowoomba Queensland) it is just a grass paddock with some trees.  They actually land 747 freighters there in real life and have been doing so for at least a couple of years.

The second is YBBN which has two parallel runways 01r 19L and 01L 19r but MSFS only shows 01r and 19L . Admittedly the second runway is only about 6 months old so I have to assume that the next satellite pass over Brisbane (maybe in 2050) we may get an update. I am not sure if Google will improve this.

Again my hope actually rests with ORBX with an msfs version of AU v3? 

I think it will probably be 3PDs who will eventually sort this out in the same way they have done for all preceding sim platforms. 

These I hope are ALL temporary problems,

Tony

Tony Chilcott.

My System. Motherboard. ASRock Taichi X570 CPU Ryzen 9 3900x (not yet overclocked). RAM 32gb Corsair Vengeance (2x16) 3200mhz. 1 x Gigabyte Aorus GTX1080ti Extreme and a 1200watt PSU.

1 x 1tb SSD 3 x 240BG SSD and 4 x 2TB HDD

OS Win 10 Pro 64bit. Simulators ... FS2004/P3Dv4.5/Xplane.DCS/Aeroflyfs2...MSFS to come for sure.

2 minutes ago, himmelhorse said:

Glenn, I do not think that is actually what he is saying. IMO, he is referring to the excuse and not to the sim.

There are iterally many areas of the globe which are not accurate to say the least. Just two that I have come across in Australia ...  try finding YBWW Wellcamp (in Toowoomba Queensland) it is just a grass paddock with some trees.  They actually land 747 freighters there in real life and have been doing so for at least a couple of years.

The second is YBBN which has two parallel runways 01r 19L and 01L 19r but MSFS only shows 01r and 19L . Admittedly the second runway is only about 6 months old so I have to assume that the next satellite pass over Brisbane (maybe in 2050) we may get an update. I am not sure if Google will improve this.

Again my hope actually rests with ORBX with an msfs version of AU v3? 

I think it will probably be 3PDs who will eventually sort this out in the same way they have done for all preceding sim platforms. 

These I hope are ALL temporary problems,

Tony

True, post edited.

May be due to the mapping conflicting with lo-res DEM. As an aside, I often find this when trying to build routes in the train sims. You put down the DEM, overlay it with mapping data (OSM usually) then find rivers are drawn halfway up a hillside. Resolving the issue on a 50 mile linear rail route is relatively easy (you either shift the DEM or eyeball the construction) but maybe not so easy for a whole country.

Edited by Elvensmith

The Bing Maps for south east Queensland in Aus are 6 years out of date and have the occasional weirdness as above, but in general is very good, especially the Gold Coast 

5 hours ago, dmvega81 said:

I am from/live in Ecuador (SEQM). I think most of the country is well represented.

Boom. Case closed.

Nothing wrong there. It all depends on the resolution of the scanned real-world surface data. The mesh resolution is lower than the width of the road, that`s why the road gets interpolated onto the mesh data and sits in a wrong angle. 

There are for more worse geometries in FS (Alaska) and the problem you described can be sometimes observed in Google also.