Sign in to follow this  
flightsim1818

I'm done done AND done....uninstalling this JOKE!!!

51 minutes ago, RobJC said:

Have a stiff drink or 5 and then come back and help us bug test this thing lol. 

Working on it. First beer is ready...

• Like 1

I do understand when people get frustrated with bugs that directly hinder what they bought this simulator for. I've got a couple of those complaints myself. But what this sim gets right, it gets so very right that I'll never be done with it. For example, I have had to alter my objectives for the time being - my home region looks pretty bad thanks to horrible Bing Map quality where I live, but other parts of the state look amazing, so I just fly there for now. I'm also disappointed with the lack of seasons, so as soon as the trees turn here, I'll be "moving" to Florida for the winter, where I used to live IRL, so that the sim's eternal summer fits reality. Hopefully these issues and others will be addressed in the upcoming months and even years, but until then, there's enough working planes and scenery to keep me busy for a long, long time 😄

• Like 6

23 minutes ago, Dominique_K said:

No you  don't. What is less important for you might be more important for others, as good simmers as you are. I love the visuals and the sensations but I'd rather have a turbo-engine behaving as a turbo-engine. This is a flight simulator. And that instead of calling the other guy a nitpicker, a little tolerance would be welcome. 

Oh really, you know me that well already?  Dominique, of course I do understand you and others will have different priorities nothing unusual or hard to follow there.  To me the nitpicking piece is taking what amounts to a phenomenal, revolutionary platform and whining about it not being quite there yet.   Even the TBM model:  90% of what needs to be there is already there--tweaking parameters to get closer to RW TPM isn't exactly the hard part!  The hard part is already done which is the entire revolutionary platform complete w/ scenery, atmosphere, and a TBM that is 90% of the way towards a complete package, already.  Yeah, nit picking cubed.

Edited by Noel
  • Like 3

Noel

System:  9900K@5.0gHz@1.23v all cores, MSI MPG Z390M GAMING EDGE AC, Noctua NH-D15S w/ steady supply of 40-60F ambient air intake, Corsair Vengeance 32Gb LPX 3200mHz DDR4, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 2, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM 850W PSU, Win10 Pro, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frametime Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320NX, WT 787X

7 minutes ago, Keto Ketchup said:

my home region looks pretty bad thanks to horrible Bing Map quality where I live, but other parts of the state look amazing, so I just fly there for now.

My house and yard look wrong. It's got trees that don't exist, and doesn't have trees that do. And it's the wrong color and shape. It's still way better than any other sim - in P3d it's all autogen buildings that look wrong; I live in a subdivision, not an office park like P3d shows. But yeah, a little disappointing that my house doesn't look anything like my house.

But all the houses are in the right places - it looks roughly like my neighborhood which blows P3d out of the water. And best of all, my neighbor has this weird concrete driveway with geometric patterns painted on it, and it's in the freaking sim. That is *awesome*. This is the only consumer sim on the planet that could even get close to that level of detail. 

In the old sim I mainly flew PMDG/Leonardo aircraft at high flight levels where the horrible-looking scenery didn't look so bad. I never did low-level VFR, and especially didn't do bush flying because it sucked. Bad scenery, totally flat runways that you can see from 20 miles away. Garbage ground physics making stopping distances absurd. That's not bush flying. In this sim I've spent most of my time donking around in mountains landing at weird little sloped grass strips, or sometimes just in a meadow. I'm looking forward to having high-fidelity planes like PMDG again but until that happens I'm very happy spending my time flying around and gawping at the scenery. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Dominique_K said:

I perfectly understand your joy of flying the TBM.  

But instead of calling nitpickers other simmers who are not as happy as you are, consider that for some of us the pleasure of flying a turboprop is more complex that the sensations or visuals that you report. The tuning of the engine parameters (ITT vs Torque vs temperature vs altitude) is  the core of the experience and is far from what it should be in the MSF TBM or Caravan.  The basic features of engine management are not here.  There are numerous threads on the subject which the 6th listed bug/issue on the official forum.

That's a very good point of view I think, and it reflects some serious issues I have with this "enhanced" Google-Earth Simulator, or should I say Bing-Earth Simulator

No offense against anyone in this thread: " But referring to some sort of new "Open-World Simulator by Microsoft" the new MSFS 2020 soft is really good, if you don't care about depicting seasons in a correct way 😉 .

But it still offers no helicopter flying, no gliding (gliding teaches you THE FUNDAMENTAL BASICS of flying), no missions, no air race.  And you can get all this missing features in its predecessor FSX from 2006 "out of the box".

To round it out, MSFS has serious issues in depicting plausible flight dynamics/physics. There is still no serious damage model; in many situations you even don't know why you've crashed, very similar to FSX and completely deprecated.

Eg. look at this guy called TUCKIE10 on youtube:

https://www.youtube.com/user/TUCKIE10

...and watch some of his earlier videos where he is doing crazy aerbobatics stuff in the simple default Cessna of MSF2020; actually without problems intercepting this GA bird close above ground.

Much as I'd like to, but there are so many basic things far away from reality, including missing features and helicopters, that it really doesn't make me wonder that more and more users are getting frustrated about this "simulator".

In spite of it all, I wish every simmer all the best, because I know too how frustrating this hobby can be.

:smile:

Edited by KBUR

1 hour ago, Noel said:

I understand your point, and to me, this statement IS about as nitpicking as possible when the 'core of the experience' is reduced down to a few parameters in the flight model for this and other planes, all of which can presumably be tweaked by someone w/ better knowledge.  98% of users will have little to no idea those parameters aren't spot on or close enough, and I'm sure a few of those folks posted about that.  Quite frankly as I'm flying over Ontario CA OTW to Michigan's UP I'm happy to be experiencing la belle indifférence to this level of detail.  Been at it for going on 40y now, but not a RW pilot, so can live w/ imperfection flight modeling.

With respect, that is your opinion that turboprop engine behavior being completely different from reality isn't important.  And you're welcome to it - enjoy the sim how you like. But proper turboprop engine behavior - and we are talking first just getting the engine levers to somewhat model qualitatively correct physical behavior, not even trying to match real-world engine numbers or anything - is not just "a few parameters" or "nitpicking."

If you were forced to push the control stick forward to make your aircraft go up (instead of down like its supposed to), would that be particularly satisfying to you? Because that is the kind of thing we are talking about with turboprops.

In fairness, other sims have struggled with this in their default state - MSFS is not a lone culprit. It just seems to be really off comparatively, though.

(And before I get the usual "stop whining" responses... I actually enjoy the sim for what it is, recognize its faults, and split time between it and the other sims I have installed. I'm not at either extreme of these debates).

Edited by PurdueKev
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

- Kevin

Windows 10 / i9-10900k / Zotac RTX-3080 Trinity OC (12GB) / MSI MEG Z490 ACE mobo / Corsair H150i RGB PRO XT liquid cooler / 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3333MHz C16 DDR4 RAM / Dell Alienware AW3418DW WQHD 3440x1440 GSync / Samsung 970 EVO Plus M.2 2TB (OS) & 860 EVO 4TB SDD / WD Caviar Black 4TB HDD  / EVGA Supernova 850 G5 PSU / Be Quiet Dark Base Pro 900 rev 2 case / Virpil Warbird base with ThrustMaster Warthog HOTAS grip / MFG Crosswind rudder pedals / Virtual-Fly TQ6+ throttle quadrant / Winwing Orion HOTAS F-18 Throttle / Virpil TCS+ collective base with Hawk-60 grip / Saitek Trim Wheel / Saitek Radio and Switch Panels / Winwing Combat Ready Panel / Tobii 5

19 minutes ago, eslader said:

My house and yard look wrong. It's got trees that don't exist, and doesn't have trees that do. And it's the wrong color and shape. It's still way better than any other sim - in P3d it's all autogen buildings that look wrong; I live in a subdivision, not an office park like P3d shows. But yeah, a little disappointing that my house doesn't look anything like my house.

I know there are people who complain about this, but I'm not one of them. I just built my own photorealistic house and dropped it in using the developer tools. I've been editing scenery to fix all sorts of things like this, and I enjoy making scenery almost as much as I do flying.

My problem is with the ground textures themselves. Bing took aerial photography from early spring when everything is dead and brown and half frozen, and then they applied a fake green color mask to try to make it look like summer. The end result is pretty bad. I've got snowbanks in many fields and woods, lakes are half-frozen, and most of the roads are a very icky green. And then there are the clouds baked into the ground along with their shadows.. I mean, it really does look rubbish. There's nothing I can do to fix this on any sort of scale, all I can do is wait and hope that Bing updates their aerial photography. Because of this I just don't get that much enjoyment flying over my home. It makes me sad, but then I go to my vacation spot where the aerial photography was done right, and that puts a huge grin on my face.

Edited by Keto Ketchup

Frustrated original poster. I am empathetic, but I will never be "done" as he seems to suggest. I am happy to use modded A320, it works great. The MCDU is still flaky on several fronts, I know the work arounds. MSFS is still the one for me, I'll never go back to XP. Never tried P3D. Never will. MSFS will always be a work in progress. I watched the twitch interviews today, they have tons to do, tons to fix and tons to develop and are aware of simmers needs 24/7. This will take months/years and I am happy with that. I flew today from KSEA to CYEG. Started off with sunrise amid a thick cloud layer of diffuse fog. Fantastic! I emerged up above the fog into a gorgeous sunrise, beautiful cloud layers and the Canadian Rockies below. I even ran into a storm. Fantastic! 

United001

Windows 10 Pro, version: 10.0.18363 Build 18363 - Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-9700K CPU @ 3.60 Mhz, 8 Core(s), 8 Logical Processors; Mobo: Z390 Phatom Gaming 4S-IB: Physical Memory: 16Gigs; GPU: NVIDIA GeForce FTX 2080 Super, 8 Gigs; 500Gigs Hard-Drive; 1TB SSD; 1TB SSD; 50" Samsung 4K Flat-screen monitor; 26" LG side-car monitor. Saitek Yoke and Throttle. Saitek Rudder Pedals.
Screen Resolution: Full Screen: 1920X1080 Full and Windowed modes. 

1 hour ago, devgrp said:

I don't know why some of you guys insist on flying these heavies knowing darn well they aren't complete then have tantrums when stuff doesn't work. With such beautiful scenery you should be enjoying instead of flying 32k ft pushing buttons following a magenta line lol

please don't judge on why people enjoy flightsim

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, UKflyer said:

Agreed. That said, most of us in here came to MSFS from a prior sim - generally either XP or P3d. And right now, those sims are still the champs as far as complex airliners go. So if that's *all* you want to do, it's probably best if you shelve MSFS for awhile. That doesn't mean you rant about it here, which is obnoxious. It just means you use the appropriate tool to accomplish what you want to do. 

At some point, MSFS will have PMDG planes and, if we're lucky, Leonardo, etc. And when that happens and some other stuff gets fixed/added, there will be very little reason to go back to the old sims, but that time isn't now. I kinda shook my head at all the posts before MSFS even released talking about "I'm deleting XP/P3d right now!"   Like... Why? They're flight sims, not spouses. They won't get mad at you if you cheat on them with another sim. 😉

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, flightsim1818 said:

Working on it. First beer is ready...

Nice! Cheers! 

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D | RTX 4090 | 48GB DDR5 7200 RAM | 4TB M.2 NVMe SSD | Corsair H150i Liquid Cooled | 4K Dell G3223Q G-Sync | Win11 x64 Pro

Another drama queen and another pointless thread.

• Like 2

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

I don't want to come down too hard. This is a massively complex endeavor and I do see the potential here. But to be honest, I'm pretty disappointed at the shear number of bugs and failures, especially when attempting to use any of the glass panels. Yeah...you can fly simple VFR, stick-and-rudder stuff pretty much without problems - and get a good taste of the scenic goodies, but It really does make me feel as though I coughed up a good chunk of bucks just to be somebody's Beta tester. I think they should have offered this at a reduced buy-in for early adopters, and acknowledged that later versions would see a price increase. I don't know at what point you could consider the purchase "relatively bug-free" and should pony up full retail, but it would certainly be at a point far down the road from where things stand now. Rants are understandable, but if something that has set you back about the same amount as a bag of groceries is ruining your life, maybe you should take a good, close look at yourself and your empty lifestyle.Yeah, I know you spent a bizillion bucks on a lot of fancy hardware to use with this thing, but that's not Microsoft's fault. There are plenty of other titles to play with while you wait. Life is full of disappointments.

• Upvote 1

Intel i7-11700K@3.60 GHZ. 32 GB RTX 4070 Ti OC

38 minutes ago, UKflyer said:

I don't judge. I've been into flight sims since the early Jane fighter jet sims. I just don't understand people complaining about default planes that's not up to their standards