Sign in to follow this  
flightsim1818

I'm done done AND done....uninstalling this JOKE!!!

RE the PSX video 

Tut tut tut , it should be go around- flaps 20, positive rate , gear up 😄 

Edited by jon b

787 captain.  

Previously 24 years on 747-400.Technical advisor on PMDG 747 legacy versions QOTS 1 , FS9 and Aerowinx PS1. 

4 hours ago, mullvaden83 said:

Ok. Bye bye then. No one cares.

Wow and then people wonder why avsim forums have such a toxic reputation ....

• Like 1

4 hours ago, flightsim1818 said:

Latest update really pushed this "sim" over the edge. After update my sound is gone and the A320 is BEYOND flyable now. It is soooo bad, so awful it makes you wonder if they are doing this on purpose.

IMPOSSIBLE to LAND that word not allowed. Once you get over the space rocket lift during takeoff and the wobbling in the sky and the malfunctioning autothrottle which wants nothing more than kill you in a severe accident, I am finally on approach. Add flaps and BOOM...helicopter! Lift off...WE HAVE A LIFT OFF! Force the yoke forward, no! We're heading for the moon ladies and gentlemen. Courtesy of Asobo and MS

word not allowed this. I am done...

If it's any consolation and after Alpha / Beta testing for months it didn't take me long to uninstall the latest 'Beta'. Dont be upset by the 'word not allowed' they cant help themselves..... Go and find a more friendly forum they are out there ...

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, jon b said:

RE the PSX video 

Tut tut tut , it should be go around- flaps 20, positive rate , gear up 😄 

lol

It's still pretty amazing that it works with FS2020. If the price wasn't so steep, I'd get this. Of course, you have to live with 2D panels.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, airlinejets said:

Let's make a new thread and call it DEPARTURES

How about calling it GATE 13?😁

• Like 3

OS:     Win11 Home; Mobo: Asus TUF Gaming Z690-Plus WiFi D4; CPU: Intel i5-12400 (Alder Lake) 4.4 GHz
RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 64Gb (4x16GB) 3600 MHz; GPU:  MSI Radeon RX 5700XT [8GB] 
SSD:  Corsair Force MP510 (for OS);  2x 1TB & 1x 2TB Sabrent Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0 (one for sim, two for addons)
HDD:  Seagate 3TB (Data); Seagate 1TB (Programs), ASUS TUF Gaming VG32VQ1B Curved 31.5" monitor, 1440p, 38Mbs ethernet 

Fulcrum One Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo throttle, Thrustmaster Airbus TCA sidestick & throttle, Logitech Pro pedals, Xbox wireless gamepad (1st gen)

32 minutes ago, Elvensmith said:

The big difference here is that all previous FS versions we never had to spend much time with the default. Much of the stuff from 2002 (FS8?) dropped into FS9 fairly straightforward and  ditto FS9>>>FSX with maybe the authors making a few tweaks. Given the reports from PMDG (not that I'm interested in paying their prices) and such circumstances affecting other aircraft developers, it might be some time before we can arrive at a similar situation with FS20. At this point I would love to be able to spin up a decent freeware DC10 or 757 or even something from Just Flight, but that could be months away yet.

I'm actually coming round to the thought that other than the odd bit of VFR sightseeing, FS20 is maybe best left on the sideline for a few months see whether it matures into a drinkable wine or turns to vinegar. By early 2021 we should have a better idea when or if something better than the default will land.

Have you tried flight planning and IFR with the airbus? Together with Simbitworld airline scheduling, I am having a hell of a good time flying complete IFR flights. I simply create a flight plan, including SIDS and STARs and away I go. The autopilot works beautifully for my purposes. I guess I am one of those users for whom a partial glass is better than no glass at all.

tc

The amount of infantile attention seeking on these forums is hilarious. This is what, the second or third "Look at me, I'm leaving and I need to tell everyone about it!!" thread I've read in as many days. 

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

Jeez, I feel like a tool. I've invested $$$ over the years buying different digital audio workstations and various plugins, and have found them not fulfilling my needs. I never thought of going on their web forums and ranting about it or rage quitting. I just moved on. 

In fact, in hindsight have done that with many pieces of software over the years. 

Anybody looking for an old Borland c++ from 1990s, I paid $400+, willing to take $200.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, flightsim1818 said:

Latest update really pushed this "sim" over the edge. After update my sound is gone and the A320 is BEYOND flyable now. It is soooo bad, so awful it makes you wonder if they are doing this on purpose.

IMPOSSIBLE to LAND that word not allowed. Once you get over the space rocket lift during takeoff and the wobbling in the sky and the malfunctioning autothrottle which wants nothing more than kill you in a severe accident, I am finally on approach. Add flaps and BOOM...helicopter! Lift off...WE HAVE A LIFT OFF! Force the yoke forward, no! We're heading for the moon ladies and gentlemen. Courtesy of Asobo and MS

word not allowed this. I am done...

Or instead, you could use Flightsim Labs A320 in P3D which has had the benefit of 10 years of updates, and maybe use MFS within the realms of its capability given that it's only 2 months old.  Save the histrionics for the stage.

28 minutes ago, Nick_h said:

Wow and then people wonder why avsim forums have such a toxic reputation ....

They don't really have a toxic reputation unless you read Reddit and... Well that place only recently finally got rid of racist forums, so I'm not really sure I care what they think.

There have been dozens of clone "I hate this/MS sucks/I'm uninstalling" threads. It gets old, and people get tired of trying to be polite when they respond. 

A long time ago I realized that no one on the internet cares if I leave a forum or uninstall software, so I should probably not create big "look at me, I'm ANGRY about something and I quit!" posts. I just should get on with it and quit already, quietly. I wish that were a more universal approach, because there are a lot of worthwhile topics that get pushed off the front page by all the whinging.

Edited by eslader
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, eslader said:

They don't really have a toxic reputation unless you read Reddit and... Well that place only recently finally got rid of neo-word not allowed forums, so I'm not really sure I care what they think.

There have been dozens of clone "I hate this/MS sucks/I'm uninstalling" threads. It gets old, and people get tired of trying to be polite when they respond. 

A long time ago I realized that no one on the internet cares if I leave a forum or uninstall software, so I should probably not create big "look at me, I'm ANGRY about something and I quit!" posts. I just should get on with it and quit already, quietly. I wish that were a more universal approach, because there are a lot of worthwhile topics that get pushed off the front page by all the whinging.

He has a valid point. It's currently rubbish he should be allowed to express his opinion without the toxic comments and yes I think ' Bye then' and 'bye no one cares' are toxic comments.

Don't agree with a poster and have nothing constructive and valid to say .... Dont post ...

• Upvote 1

He does not have a valid point. Putting "sim" in quotes is ridiculous. It's a sim. It doesn't become not-a-sim because one jetliner doesn't work right (and on that, from what he said about the thing climbing despite pushing the yoke forward on landing right after activating full flaps sure does sound like high speed protection kicked in, which would more likely mean the sim is working right and the pilot is not). That aside, It *is* currently a lousy jetliner sim, which had he said that would have been a valid point. But that point's been made probably hundreds of times since the sim released. Saying it over and over is not helpful and, as I said, pushes more current topics farther down the page, for no reason. I don't condone the "bye" posts either, but I also understand the place of annoyance they're coming from.

• Like 3

It's ok to not like something, but why create fuss about it? Uninstalled - great! Move on dude! Why seven pages of this nonsense, please do explain to me? 

• Like 1

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

I have found that with a proper pre-medication regimen and a good therapist, we can all get thru this.  I am in simulator bliss all the time now.  Bugs n such don't bother me any more, as a matter of fact, I have found we can co-exist as one.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

i5-6600K 3.5Ghz OC to 4.5GHz|CorsairH60 Liq Cooler|GA-Z170X-Gaming 7|GTX 1070|G.Skill Trident DDR4-3200 32GB|950 PRO M.2 250GB|850 EVO 500GB|2TB Seagate FireCuda SSHD|FractalDesign R4|Corsair RMx 750W|Win10 64bit Home|MSFS2020

I love the smell of Jet-A in the morning!

Robert Pressley a.k.a. SmokeDiddy