Sign in to follow this  
Dillon

What are you using for Airline traffic?

What traffic program is most using for airline traffic in v4? Just wondering what my options were.  I’m leaning towards Flight1’s Ultimate Traffic.  Thanks in advance for any advice.

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

What’s something I can install quickly and it covers most of the world airlines.  As I’m beefing up so much with P3Dv4 as my alternative until FS2020 is up to speed don’t have allot of time for traffic when the rest of the sim needs attention.  Looks like my setup will be mainly an Orbx sim...

FS2020 

Ultimate Traffic Live for me - but run the Ai2Utl tool that allows you to use FLAI aircraft models/paints. It's then very low maintenance, starts with P3D and is trouble free. UT Live includes GA traffic. Schedules are very out of date, but that isn't important to me, some differ on this point.

Be aware that the developer has pretty much abandoned the software, support is available in the forum from other users but there probably won't be any further development.

• Like 1

AIG's free OCI is by far the best route, it does take time to install all of the airlines. It's work that the computer does though and not so much input from you. Just start with the larger airlines that you really want to see and then add from there as you go. It's well worth it.

UTL on the other hand is easy to setup and doesn't take much time but is lacking up to date liveries and newer types/fleets etc. While you can add them in yourself, this does take considerable time from the user. The main benefit in UTL is that the traffic flies airways and actual routes, not just direct airport to airport.

Traffic Global is an option if you really don't care about what you see in the sim and just want to populate airports with airplanes. Wrong types/liveries, and oh so many missing carriers etc. The TG schedules are also super basic. Every airplane does the same 1 return flight a  day, every day which creates loads of dormant aircraft to clog up gates and parking.

• Upvote 3

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

45 minutes ago, Dave_YVR said:

AIG's free OCI is by far the best route, it does take time to install all of the airlines. It's work that the computer does though and not so much input from you. Just start with the larger airlines that you really want to see and then add from there as you go. It's well worth it.

Can you give me the link to AIG’s site?  This sounds like ‘World of AI’. Thx

FS2020 

I use Ultimate traffic live with the freeware Lorbys Live Traffic.

Vic green

Like others have said, for a good temporary solution, recommend AIG AIM.  Besides that, consider LittleNavMap for a swiss army knife tool that includes seeing AI on a moving map plus much more.  I also use AI Companion to control the AI traffic, including clearing departing and arriving traffic that is somewhat problematic since there's no robust ATC controlling it.  These are free utilities.  I understand paid FSUIPC can also help with the AI traffic.  

dv

Win 10 Pro || i7-8700K ||  32GB || ASUS Z370-P MB || NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11Gb || 2 960 PRO 1TB, 840 EVO

My Files in the AVSIM Library

I use AIG/OCI for the models, but I use VoxATC to inject and control the AI.

I7-7700k@4.7ghz | 32gb RAM | EVGA GTX1080 8gb | Mostly P3Dv5 (also IL2:BoX, DCS, XP11)

1 hour ago, Dillon said:

This sounds like ‘World of AI’.

World of AI, similar to FLAI was a group that recieved the proper permissions from the freeware devs (AIG, AIA, FAIB, TFS etc etc) to package their products and release them to the public with installers. What AIG has done now with OCI etc is more like skipping the middleman. 

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

Real Traffic + PSXseecontraffic, or Real Traffic + Lorbylivetraffic.

the best in real real airlines

• Like 1

Ultimate Ttraffic Live. Maybe not the best liveries, but totally a set it and forget it program.  I have it automatically launch when P3D launches.  Also added Traffic 3d Sounds from Alan Constable-anther set and forget.

Forever indebted to the late Michael Greenblatt of FSGS.

I'll put in another vote for the AIG aircraft and plans.  Amazing it is free and it's really not too difficult to get it set up.  Once you have the airlines installed you don't have to do much at all.  I was a long time user of UT Live as well....good program but I like AIG better....

• Like 1

Eric

i9-12900k, RTX 3080ti FTW, 32GB ddr5 5600 RAM, 2TB 980 Pro SSD, H100i AIO, Samsung CRG90 49", Win 11

Custom database of quality AI models and flightplans for the UK and Ireland (plus isolated other airports like Amsterdam Schiphol, Copenhagen Kastrup and Corfu), all hand built over the years. This includes lots of military AI flightplans and models from MAIW.

Edited by Christopher Low

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png