Sign in to follow this  
z06z33

Why does autogen only load within a mile of the plane now?

So whats the deal now auto gen trees only load in about a mile from the plane? is there somthing I can change in a .CFG to fix this.... My pc never had a performance issue

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.

From the developer talk they stated that LOD changes weren't intentional, but a possible bug introduced in the patch.

• Like 1

James

I hope that MS/ASOBO do a better job in the future before they release updates. A lot of easy to find bugs have slipped through this latest update. Don't they have Quality Manager and a Quality Process in place? I just wonder? 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, rksoftware said:

I hope that MS/ASOBO do a better job in the future before they release updates. A lot of easy to find bugs have slipped through this latest update. Don't they have Quality Manager and a Quality Process in place? I just wonder? 

They were rushing it, and are learning from their mistakes.. that was mentioned in the latest Developer Talk.  Lets give them the benefit of the doubt on this..

• Like 22

Bert

If you put your Trees setting on Ultra it helps some, but yes, now there is a definable line in the near distance with no trees beyond it..

Edited by desbean

1 hour ago, leprechaunlive said:

There is a fix that a beautiful man put together, along with a fix for the tall buildings. 

There you go

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/buildings-much-too-high-in-1-9-3-0-patch/288300/168

I am not convinced that this works to fix LOD. I tried adding it to Community folder and LOD was still really bad, even with Terrain LOD slider on 200. Previously, sim looked really good even with the slider on 100. It’s not just trees either, buildings are also affected.

How are others finding the fix? Do you see an improvement? Maybe it fixes tall buildings everywhere, but LOD?

Edited by RaptyrOne

GregH

Intel Core i7 14700K / Palit RTX4070Ti Super OC / Corsair 32GB DDR5 6000 MHz / MSI Z790 M/board / Corsair NVMe 9500 read, 8500 write / Corsair PSU1200W / CH Products Yoke, Pedals & Quad; Airbus Side Stick, Airbus Quadrant / TrackIR, 32” 4K 144hz 1ms Monitor

5 minutes ago, RaptyrOne said:

I am not convinced that this works to fix LOD. I tried adding it to Community folder and LOD was still really bad, even with Terrain LOD slider on 200. Previously, sim looked really good even with the slider on 100. It’s not just trees either, buildings are also affected.

How are others finding the fix? Do you see an improvement? Maybe it fixes tall buildings everywhere, but LOD?

Actually looking into it a bit more it seems that it fixes LOD issues but for buildings only. So, for the trees im not too sure. Did you see there was two different files available for dowload, one with and one without LOD fix

Edited by leprechaunlive

13 minutes ago, leprechaunlive said:

Did you see there was two different files available for dowload, one with and one without LOD fix

Yes. They also stated that the one version with the LOD fix might be messing up some airport buildings, so I think it is still being investigated.

GregH

Intel Core i7 14700K / Palit RTX4070Ti Super OC / Corsair 32GB DDR5 6000 MHz / MSI Z790 M/board / Corsair NVMe 9500 read, 8500 write / Corsair PSU1200W / CH Products Yoke, Pedals & Quad; Airbus Side Stick, Airbus Quadrant / TrackIR, 32” 4K 144hz 1ms Monitor

5 hours ago, Bert Pieke said:

They were rushing it, and are learning from their mistakes.. that was mentioned in the latest Developer Talk.  Lets give them the benefit of the doubt on this..

I don't think it's reasonable to give them benefit of the doubt at all.

We're talking about updates to a full price Microsoft product, an update which causes significant and obvious bugs and issues. These aren't rare and insidious bugs, these are obvious and massive issues. 

I think things would be a lot better if we stopped giving them the benefit of the doubt.

• Like 5
  • Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, RaptyrOne said:

They also stated that the one version with the LOD fix might be messing up some airport buildings

Oh for crying out loud! How hard can it be for community developers to test their fixes properly? I don't think it's unreasonable to expect fixes that just fix stuff without breaking other stuff. From now on I will never have any reasonable expectiations for any stuff coming from the MFS community. Ever.

I'm shaking my head with so much disappointment that I can't see what I'm typimng onm my screemn gjpl flp dlrp   

Edited by JacquesBrel
  • Like 3

6 minutes ago, 2reds2whites said:

I think things would be a lot better if we stopped giving them the benefit of the doubt.

How does that make things better?

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Bert

18 minutes ago, Bert Pieke said:

How does that make things better?

Because then they know that if they release sub-standard, faulty products they won't have people like you defending them for it - frankly.

This is not some small independent developer getting to grips with a new programming language, releasing cheap products.

This is a multinational business, with revenues greater than the GDP of Luxembourg and Croatia combined, charging full price for a commercial product release, and providing a fundamentally flawed product - actually introducing new flaws with every 'patch.'

I'm not sure what you expect to change if your view is that every time they fail you just ignore it. If I were working at Microsoft, I'd be laughing my butt off at the fact that there have been several rushed and ineffectual patches to a broken product and there are people actually defending it.

It's disgraceful.

I mean can you imagine the meeting after the patch?

Manager 1: So we've released the patch, how did it go?

Manager 2: Really bad actually. We've not addressed lots of the issues from the initial release, and we've actually introduced more problems.

Manager 1: So we're going to be punished by bad reviews, and lower incomes?

Manager 2: No, they don't care and have no intentions to hold us to account. 

Manager 1: Any reason to try any harder?

Manager 2: ....................

Edited by 2reds2whites
  • Like 5
  • Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, RaptyrOne said:

Yes. They also stated that the one version with the LOD fix might be messing up some airport buildings, so I think it is still being investigated.

The fix with the LOD included turns many airport buildings into plain blocks.

12 minutes ago, JacquesBrel said:

Oh for crying out loud! How hard can it be for community developers to test their fixes properly? I don't think it's unreasonable to expect fixes that just fix stuff without breaking other stuff. From now on I will never have any reasonable expectiations for any stuff coming from the MFS community. Ever 

The developer, who is working for free, stated from the very beginning that the building height fix which included LOD was just experimental, and to use the other fix if you didn't want to experiment.

• Like 4