Sign in to follow this  
ca_metal

OCTOBER 1ST, 2020 DEVELOPMENT UPDATE

On 10/2/2020 at 5:17 AM, CJ1045 said:

You now only need to install the fix in the Community folder - no danger to the original files.

You got a link?

8 hours ago, CJ1045 said:

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/buildings-much-too-high-in-1-9-3-0-patch/288300/166

The fix is posted by cptlucky in the above thread. Remove the .pln from the download.

CJ

Ha cptlucky...I know who that is!  I'm glad he's already doing this sort of thing.  It'll be good for us !

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

For GA reciprocating engines, how is MP/RPM modeled as compared with A2A GA and XP11? 

36 minutes ago, Les Parson said:

For GA reciprocating engines, how is MP/RPM modeled as compared with A2A GA and XP11? 

Not very well..

• Like 1

Bert

2 minutes ago, Bert Pieke said:

Not very well..

Thanks Bert. To be more specific, I mean engine noise decrease/increase with RPM change rather than MP. 

Do we have a firm target date for the next patch/update, and then the US World Update?

Ta- C

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

1 hour ago, cavaricooper said:

Do we have a firm target date for the next patch/update, and then the US World Update?

Ta- C

Nobody knows for sure but Asobo mentioned the first week of Nov.

On 10/2/2020 at 12:32 PM, Andreas Stangenes said:

Dont misunderstand me, I am a champion of hotfixing, and I think Asobo should start doing hotfixes. However, they haven't done it so far even with serious issues affecting their player base. In perspective, tall buildings wont stop you flying the sim. I agree that bad scenery is bad (though I haven't seen these buildings myself), but gamebreaking bugs is worse. 

exactly.  crashes are game breaking but bad scenery is just bad scenery.....

• Upvote 1

Kind regards,

Tim

CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K (OC 4.7) CPU COOLER: Noctua nh-d15S GPU: Nvidia GTX 1070-Ti FTW2 8GB  SSD: Crucial MX500 1TB HDD: Seagate 500GB - Maxtor 250GB - WD 250GB RAM: Team Vulcan 16 GB MBD: Gigabyte Z370P D3
PSU: Evga 650w  OS: Win 10 Pro

Welll... they áre quite gamebreaking when a small shack somewhere in an approach, ( used as a marker for years by pilots) suddenly turns into a 24-storey highrise. 

Yes “ fly to somewhere else” but that doesn’t take away from the extremely rushed and sloppy way Asobo apparently tests their patches. One simple flight from a rural strip would have immediately shown the sudden sprouting of skyscrapers. And orphaned, but still active test-script left in an official release is sériously ‘sloppy’. 

Edited by stefbuik

Before a world update, I would like at least flyable airliners and jets. I am not asking for a FSLabs or PMDG quality but providing aircrafts that can be landed correctly and with an autopilot following correctly the plan and the profile should be a good beginning...

Asobo should remember that they make a FLIGHT simulator. Not a Bing browser.

Edited by CoolCaptain
  • Like 2

Ahh.. the “Autopilot”  .. Why didn’t Asobo call it ‘random suicide machine’ ?

Using it makes for an interesting ‘game’ , see if one’s reflexes are up to snuff when the blasted thing suddenly decides that, either switching off, or bank right with full elevator down, is a good way to make things ‘interesting’ 😅 ...Asobo should make it part of a flight-challenge..

Ah well.. I probably just don’t know how it works/should work. 

• Like 1

Usually, these threads take off with lot's of speculation about updates, thoughts about what is most critically needed and in general make for a good read.  This time (perhaps because the update is further out) there hasn't been much chatter of that sort.  Are there those who are reading and observing what we mere mortals can not?  Are there those in contact with developers who can provide a nugget or two about the direction the patch is headed?  I for one am thrilled at the prospect of a "Japan Detail" level in the US (and hope that they include Alaska and Hawaii).

Anyhoo... if there is intelligent commentary to be had, I'll have some please 🙂

C

PS- @SteveW my Oracle at Delphi- I'm noting all your MSFS commentary with great interest- thanks for all you do for us!

Edited by cavaricooper
  • Like 1

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper