Sign in to follow this  
Sesquashtoo

Can any P3Dv5.1 program tester give me a sign....

4 minutes ago, GSalden said:

I first will wait for someone else to try a 3099. Just to know how much difference it will make to a 2080 Ti regarding FPS..

Luckily i always skip one generation so i can make the jump from 1080ti to 3090 🙂

• Like 1

System: i9 9900k@4.9 - 32 GB RAM - Aorus 1080ti --- Sim/Addons: P3D v5 + ProSim737
Signature3.png

2 hours ago, G-RFRY said:

With hardware sellers now showing overdue on the present 3000 series i will be surprised if the 3080 20GB is available for the consumer before next year, but that`s OK the longer you delay getting a new GPU the more choice you will have, and by then they will have sorted the problems out after the first buyers (testers) have had them.

Right...I've made my decision on WHICH ONE, I want...but now...as you say...when I can get one...for a cost that won't force me to keep working another three years..lol....the hammer will descend.  Until then...whatever v5.1 throws at my 1070 8GB card...it will be, what it will be...

16 minutes ago, JoeFackel said:

Luckily i always skip one generation so i can make the jump from 1080ti to 3090 🙂

Joe...now with the announcement of the 3080 20 GB'er....(which will be plenty of Vram headroom for the likes of the DX12 Vram budget),  most are advising that it will be the KILLER sweet spot of all the 30xx series cards.  10 GB's wasn't going to meet my needs...but 20GB's?  Sure will!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Christopher Low said:

The "wink" could simply mean that he likes you, Mitch :laugh:

Oh....dear...don't go there, Chris...lol!     :)))))))

Nah...the WINK...was....warm up the plastic...the stork will be arriving  more sooner than later., ...the 'safe'  kinda wink....:)

55 minutes ago, Sesquashtoo said:

Joe...now with the announcement of the 3080 20 GB'er....(which will be plenty of Vram headroom for the likes of the DX12 Vram budget),  most are advising that it will be the KILLER sweet spot of all the 30xx series cards.  10 GB's wasn't going to meet my needs...but 20GB's?  Sure will!

So would 16Gb of VRAM.

Gigabyte x670 Aorus Elite AX MB; AMD 7800X3D CPU; Deepcool LT520 AIO Cooler; 64 Gb G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO DDR5 6000; Win11 Pro; P3D V5.4; 1 Samsung 990 2Tb NVMe SSD: 1 Crucial 4Tb MX500 SATA SSD; 1 Samsung 860 1Tb SSD; Gigabyte Aorus Extreme 1080ti 11Gb VRAM; Toshiba 43" LED TV @ 4k; Honeycomb Bravo.

1 hour ago, GSalden said:

I first will wait for someone else to try a 3099. Just to know how much difference it will make to a 2080 Ti regarding FPS..

If I can ever find one in stock long enough to order it I will make a full comparison for p3d and msfs

Lian Li 011 Air Mini | AMD 7950X3D | Asus ROG STRIX B650E-F | Arctic Cooling Liquid Freezer II 280mm RGB | 2x32GB G.Skill DDR5-6000 | ASUS TUF RTX 4090 | Seasonic Prime Platinum 1000W | Varjo Aero

1 hour ago, Sesquashtoo said:

Announced? where?!!!

Ramon De Valencia

Intel i9 13900k @ stock / Windows 11 64 bit / 64GB DDR5 5600MHz CL36 RAM / GTX 4090 24GB VRAM / 1000 watt PSU

3 hours ago, G-RFRY said:

With hardware sellers now showing overdue on the present 3000 series i will be surprised if the 3080 20GB is available for the consumer before next year

Has a RTX 3080TI with 16 or 20GB actually been announced somewhere, or is this still hopeful rumor? Please point me to the info if I have just missed it.

Thanks,

Al

14 minutes ago, ark said:

Has a RTX 3080TI with 16 or 20GB actually been announced somewhere, or is this still hopeful rumor? Please point me to the info if I have just missed it.

Thanks,

Al

Yes, it's been announced that it will be going into production.  Just Google 3080 20 GB and you should get all the info you are asking for.

Here's one to start off your due diligence:

https://videocardz.com/newz/galaxs-internal-roadmap-confirms-geforce-rtx-3080-20gb-geforce-rtx-3060

You might want to wait and see how the soon to be announced 6000 series of AMD cards (6800xt has 16 Gb) on 10/28. Shipping is expected to be about 11/11. If you do a search on 6900 or 6800 on YT you will see a number of leaks/rumors, etc. Virtually all indicate an exciting launch at resonable pricing.

• Like 2

Gigabyte x670 Aorus Elite AX MB; AMD 7800X3D CPU; Deepcool LT520 AIO Cooler; 64 Gb G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO DDR5 6000; Win11 Pro; P3D V5.4; 1 Samsung 990 2Tb NVMe SSD: 1 Crucial 4Tb MX500 SATA SSD; 1 Samsung 860 1Tb SSD; Gigabyte Aorus Extreme 1080ti 11Gb VRAM; Toshiba 43" LED TV @ 4k; Honeycomb Bravo.

I am hoping my computer vendor gets some 3090's in the next couple of weeks to switch out my 1080Ti. I am on their list to get one. I already have a i9 9900k to marry up with it. Thinking by Halloween st the latest for 5.1.

Eric 

I'm holding out to see if LM makes some improvements to how V5 manages VRAM in 5.1 to see how much of a jump in VRAM in my next card I really need. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

Talk around the web is the 3070 being delayed.

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

15 hours ago, Chapstick said:

I'm holding out to see if LM makes some improvements to how V5 manages VRAM in 5.1 to see how much of a jump in VRAM in my next card I really need. 

Yep...that's about what is only behind my jumping from my EVGA FTW 1070 8GB.  It runs well enough, but...I'm always 1 GB away from being kicked to the Desk....so....and with MSFS on my system back burner, I anticipate when that gets ironed out,  having 20 or 16 GB's sure won't hurt the stew....

Edited by Sesquashtoo