Sign in to follow this  
Concorde79

Does anyone test the new patches at ASOBO ?!

2 hours ago, wim123 said:

jeesss, i wish ppl would stay with facts, instead of sprouting fake facts.

no need for pure speculation at all. it usually amounts to rubbish.

I doubt it's rubbish based on the fact that consoles are inferior to computers

Kind regards,

Tim

CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K (OC 4.7) CPU COOLER: Noctua nh-d15S GPU: Nvidia GTX 1070-Ti FTW2 8GB  SSD: Crucial MX500 1TB HDD: Seagate 500GB - Maxtor 250GB - WD 250GB RAM: Team Vulcan 16 GB MBD: Gigabyte Z370P D3
PSU: Evga 650w  OS: Win 10 Pro

35 minutes ago, Concorde79 said:

I thought here was of more mature people, but pointing out flaws and negative aspects of the new MSFS makes some people even report the post and immediately ones post gets jumped on by the crowd and even some say that they will put the people on their blacklist and wont listen to negative comments about their beloved sim which is really immature in my opinion. All opinions should be heard be them negative, neutral or positive and not immediately scold the poster and report the post because they dont like it..

I thought here you can discuss the new sim civilized with all opinions mattering but I guess I was wrong. Better just go back to reddit and flightsim. com

There are plenty of mature people here and I’ve done my best to keep the discussion reasonable and to hide posts that are antagonistic but those have been few.

Please continue to discuss the problems you’re experiencing and I’m sure you will get plenty of mature replies.

• Like 2

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

1 hour ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

There are plenty of mature people here and I’ve done my best to keep the discussion reasonable and to hide posts that are antagonistic but those have been few.

Please continue to discuss the problems you’re experiencing and I’m sure you will get plenty of mature replies.

To put it another way...Play nicely. 🙂

• Upvote 1

How long does it take for 'smug' to wear off after buying an EV?

"It’s easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled". Whoever said it wasn't wrong!

2 hours ago, Concorde79 said:

I thought here was of more mature people, but pointing out flaws and negative aspects of the new MSFS makes some people even report the post and immediately ones post gets jumped on by the crowd and even some say that they will put the people on their blacklist and wont listen to negative comments about their beloved sim which is really immature in my opinion. All opinions should be heard be them negative, neutral or positive and not immediately scold the poster and report the post because they dont like it..

I thought here you can discuss the new sim civilized with all opinions mattering but I guess I was wrong. Better just go back to reddit and flightsim. com

I wouldn't worry about the vocal minority. Most of the members here are prepar3d to listen to both sides of a debate without blowing a gasket or shouting "troll" from the top of a hill.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Frankly, as a former programmer, I have to wonder at Asobo's code-design skills.  A properly-designed application should be compartmentalized enough that revising one section of the code shouldn’t affect other parts of the program but, with MSFS, it seems that fixing one part of the program breaks something completely different. Fixed sluggish performance?  Now, the A320 engines shut off.  Fix that? Great, but now the LOD is drastically reduced.  Is this just totally what we used to call "spaghetti code," where modifying one place changes all sorts of unrelated behavior?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

I agree. We use to always create and define the project Oversight, and then start to create a Branch Library of dedicated sub-routines, that the main code thread called upon.  I would have assumed that Asobo had done the same, but then, doubts of that crept in, as there were so many bugs introduced into the core with each released 'patch'.  Hopeuflly, this will be sorted out of the coming months. I doubt weeks, but look to it finally running as a RTM candidate when ever!  

17 hours ago, ShawnG said:

Behold: the FMC for the default jets in FSX.

3zs4N0P.jpg

Where can I buy that?!?!?  That looks like solid tech to me!  Wow....;)

Edited by Sesquashtoo

On 10/2/2020 at 8:11 AM, Concorde79 said:

I am frustrated that the new patch has broken things that worked fine with me before the patch and people go nuts and report the post, seriously ????

I am not hating Asobo. I am just not going to pay the full price of the alpha sim they keep on breaking every second patch.

I thought we had a mature audience here in avsim.

I unfortunately paid for the whole upgraded sim, like $180 Canadian. I’m feeling really ripped off right now. I wish we could go back to the initial release, it was FAR better than what they force us to have now. This is NOT the sim I paid for, each “update”has made things worse, soon it will be comparable to fs98?? I for 1(not ONE)am not happy! Now with the lower Level of detail we don’t even have the eye-candy we once had. Most planes are un-flyable(thank goodness we have some smart people upgrading their planes,and ,dare I say it , Carenado). This is bad and getting worse.

Edited by Daytona125
Messed up

ROG MAXIMUS X HERO, Intel Core i7 8700K, 32 GB's 3200 RAM, Gigabyte RTX3080,

On 10/2/2020 at 7:37 AM, MikeyOnTheFlightDeck said:

I think Asobo and MS were too ambitious with the proclaimed functionality. Live weather and live planes would have been lovely but they should have stuck to the basics first and then incrementally develop these additional features. As it stands right now there aren’t many planes that are fully functional so the end product just feels half-baked and leads to wide frustration to the end user. 

My assumption is the business case for flash was way more easy than doing a dumbed down but “technically correct” simulator for the minority who make up the Avsim audience.

They are targeting this product to folks like my 24 year old son who like the cool factor and aren’t interested in simulation of exactly how you start from the ramp, etc.

Edited by neil0311
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, robert young said:

I agree Michael. I've been identified as a "basher" but I do recognise some very impressive parts of this sim. Yesterday I was flying around Naples - with just the generic scenery and it was extremely beautiful at all times of day and night. I just wish the devs would check their own work before publishing patches.

I so agree...had some great OH WOW flights outta MSFS, but...I 'fight' to keep control of the aircraft, and even to keep the Core Sim, (vfr Map multiple actuation)  from showing me the DeskTop.  So...my solution, is to just let Asobo have another 6 months to  12, to get a handle on it.  The 'baby' is being toweled off, and only the bath water has gone down the drain.  System Back Burner for now....and all the other sims most simmers have installed, will do the trick...even the two new suggested releases coming within a 3 month (my guess) time frame.  Asobo can patch.  I'll wait until I can run their world...and fly the planes in it, from taxi to touchdown...and all systems and instruments as well as core features--->combine to get me there...a future tense, event.

Edited by Sesquashtoo

8 minutes ago, Sesquashtoo said:

I so agree...had some great OH WOW flights outta MSFS, but...I 'fight' to keep control of the aircraft, and even to keep the Core Sim, (vfr Map multiple actuation)  from showing me the DeskTop.  So...my solution, is to just let Asobo have another 6 months to  12, to get a handle on it.  The 'baby' is being toweled off, and only the bath water has gone down the drain.  

I so enjoy your enthusiasm Sesquashtoo!

Robert Young - retired full time developer - see my Nexus Mod Page and my GitHub Mod page

6 minutes ago, robert young said:

I so enjoy your enthusiasm Sesquashtoo!

"Hey Robert...it IS...what it IS....I can't change it, You can't change...only Asobo can change the current 'scene'.  So...no panties in a knot...except for my one (that I call, mentally healthy...public vent, my 'not happy dance' vent), and now simply will give them time to get the act together.  Now..(slapping hands together!!!!)   most feel P3D v5.1 is being handed to the Stork for delivery...and I have to ge MY act in gear in sourcing down a 3080 20GB to run both that....and months later...a RTM version (my definition of RTM) of MSFS.  MSFS steam pressure WAS  one post, vented...and we are back on the gauge, in the 'green safe zone'....lol.  Cheers!"

Edited by Sesquashtoo

I am not really paying this much mind until next year, though I bought it.

spacer.png

7 hours ago, Ricardo41 said:

This post claims that Asobo is "incompetent". I'd hardly call that respectful. 

But Ricardo..it was the poster's VIEW, that they were....in his or her, word...incompetent...for a posted reason.  Why does the poster, to be considered an 'acceptable' by some forum members,  has to have,  his or her post, to be swathed in accolades, and 'thank you so much' kisses to the Dev's.  This person's experience with THEIR product...makes him or her...feel that those behind the present state of affairs...and that the poster fulfilled the 'expected of use' contract, by paying the FULL asking MSP of the product....and feels, they, in usage of that product...suggests to them...personally....that those behind the project...have displayed, in the poster's viewpoint...incompetence's to publish an RTM and later patched version that most anybody...novice, or long in the tooth, could be hard-pressed, to call it a viable, full-feature and stable usage of,  Flight Simulator.   

For some...I think...the only acceptable conduct and posting on this forum...must be carefully crafted,  to be a blow and kiss, with an offered bouquet to the Dev's and coders behind MSFS.   Not I.   I will GUSH to make you embarrassed of me....IF.....IF....IF.....it (the product and stable usage...all features, at full throttle), are there to use...even only 97 percent at RTM.   Since RTM..that has not been the case...and as I...and mostly everybody else, has seen a total degradation of features, visual optics, and smoke 'n burn to the DeskTop for even trying to put a feature up onto the screen.  Not what I ($183.00 CDN) signed up for...

But...having spent the money...having waited past the refund window...because I want TO OWN IT!....and fly it....and enjoy it....the only thing I can do...to off-set my frustration  with the present state of affairs' concerning MSFS, is to not use it, in its currently crippled state.  So...I'm not...have moved back to P3D as my primary and XP11.50 as my diversion secondary.   I hope that the next year, will iron things out...but...I will NOT call somebody a troll...a this...a that...because they need to blow off some frustration,  to fellow enthusiasts, ...and why?  Because...wearing no 'rose' colored glasses, --->the sim (at present) is crippled...and THAT fuels the frustration. They don't need to blow kisses or throw bouquets to the dev's...for what was RTM'ed...and later,  evolved to less stable than that, through three post patches.  No kisses, accolades, or bouquets are deserved.  Now...let the Dev's..(time...)  put this right.  

Blowing kisses in each 'approved' post...doesn't accelerate that endevour. It has been my experience, that posts other than kisses, and back slaps....DO...encourage the manufacturer of said washing machine...car....motorcycle....flight sim...to get 'on it', really fast...and put out the fire.

Cheers,

Ses

Edited by Sesquashtoo

2 hours ago, Sesquashtoo said:

Frankly, as a former programmer, I have to wonder at Asobo's code-design skills.  A properly-designed application should be compartmentalized enough that revising one section of the code shouldn’t affect other parts of the program but, with MSFS, it seems that fixing one part of the program breaks something completely different. Fixed sluggish performance?  Now, the A320 engines shut off.  Fix that? Great, but now the LOD is drastically reduced.  Is this just totally what we used to call "spaghetti code," where modifying one place changes all sorts of unrelated behavior?

This assumes direct causal relationships between certain fixes and certain new bugs.

Their first couple of patches have run down a laundry list of fixes all over the place, which invites the possibility for lots of things to potentially break all over the place.

On the bright (?) side, Asobo themselves kinda acknowledged that they rushed out the first couple of patches too quickly in the Q&A this week, and it sounds like they are taking steps to ensure future updates go more smoothly.

I think this topic has run it's course. Constantly regurgitating the same drivel won't change a thing now. Let's hope the next updates are on target and well tested/implemented.

Can we move on?

• Like 1