Sign in to follow this  
Richard Sennett

New Orbx Weather addon

1 hour ago, Paraffin said:

Why doesn't the UI in the sim allow us enough flexibility to do this ourselves without an add-on?

Sure but then what is MeteoBlue's involvement. Aren't they supposed to be providing us with weather upgrades?

I have an idea for another addon: MagentaChild's Airport Picker: Picks an interesting airport for you from a selection of over 100 airports! Only 9,99!

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, MagentaChild said:

I have an idea for another addon: MagentaChild's Airport Picker: Picks an interesting airport for you from a selection of over 100 airports! Only 9,99!

I'll take two copies please.

They had/have a set of presets for P3D too. If you like the ease of just clicking a theme, it's handy. But MSFS has their own presets already. 

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

20 minutes ago, airlinejets said:

Sure but then what is MeteoBlue's involvement. Aren't they supposed to be providing us with weather upgrades?

Meteoblue is where the weather data is coming from. Asobo use the data for their weather engine and it's Asobo who would provide upgrades for the weather experience in the simulator.

• Like 1

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

Another weather add on (after REX) which I'm struggling to comprehend a use for.  I can already set manual presets in stock sim so why do I need this?  Either way I almost always fly with Live Weather anyway.....

• Like 2

Thomas Derbyshire

Just now, sidfadc said:

Another weather add on (after REX) which I'm struggling to comprehend a use for.  I can already set manual presets in stock sim so why do I need this?  Either way I almost always fly with Live Weather anyway.....

True be interesting to know why this would be any different than setting up your own weather - settings in sim make it pretty easy to do yourself

Rich Sennett

Are these presets like REX WF?

Where the product page?

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

• Like 2

Rich Sennett

2 minutes ago, DJJose said:

I should have said, are they dynamic themes such as those included in REX WF?

Looks to me yes Buddy what else can it be really - hope all is well Pal

Edited by Richard Sennett
  • Like 1

Rich Sennett

I'll probably add this as there are only a few default themes and these look very interesting.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

7 minutes ago, DJJose said:

I'll probably add this as there are only a few default themes and these look very interesting.

Same here sucker for this kind of stuff anything that makes sim look better Im all in

6 posts down on 1st page are free ones I have them - try them out since using REX WF - forgot if they were nay good - doesnt hurt to try

Any addons that will address the night environment just take my money 🙂 

Edited by Richard Sennett

Rich Sennett

Nobody has mentioned the fact that ORBX has had the unmitigated gall to introduce an previously unheard of concept for MSFS .... A Manual for their software???? 20 pages of what??? Instructions??? What is going on here?

I am considering sending an email to ZenDesk asking them for an immediate probe and a temporary stay on this until we can find out why ORBX felt justified to defy all previous MSFS policy regarding manuals.  MY goodness, The next step is going back to the caves. This HAS got to be STOPPED before it gets popular or out of control.

This is, of course, a social comment and is not intended to be taken seriously.

Tony

• Like 4

Tony Chilcott.

My System. Motherboard. ASRock Taichi X570 CPU Ryzen 9 3900x (not yet overclocked). RAM 32gb Corsair Vengeance (2x16) 3200mhz. 1 x Gigabyte Aorus GTX1080ti Extreme and a 1200watt PSU.

1 x 1tb SSD 3 x 240BG SSD and 4 x 2TB HDD

OS Win 10 Pro 64bit. Simulators ... FS2004/P3Dv4.5/Xplane.DCS/Aeroflyfs2...MSFS to come for sure.