Sign in to follow this  
PilotPete99

Aerosoft Ben Gurion Airport released for P3dv5

16 hours ago, sem said:

if you dont demand better software you wont get it.

you are making the argument that LLBG is good preforming only to you while not comparing it to other airports. it shouldnt be ''allright'' paying 24 dollars for ''allright'' pixels isnt worth its price, it may be good but still, im not making the argument against the airport, im making the argument against aerosoft. its been made by one person, shipped and sold, i installed it and my orbx broke, the afcads were messed up and the sode gates were busted. nevertheless the general stigma with aerosoft is that they sell unfinished products, but there is no valid argument against this since its subjective. but the general 60fps pbr standard is here and to me it isnt holding up to it

Not according to Ray.  They are angel's 

14ppkc-6.png

1 hour ago, fluffyflops said:

Not according to Ray.  They are angel's 

The only reason I approved your post is so I could respond to it. Show me where I said that. You won't because I didn't. Don't spout things you know are incorrect.

There is a dedicated topic for this scenery on Aerosoft forums. I suggest you post your comments there.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

On 10/11/2020 at 4:38 PM, Ray Proudfoot said:

@fluffyflops, Aerosoft are just the publishers. That is a quick fix in any case. In all my years of buying 3rd party airports I’ve only ever seen one AFD that was error free when run through ADE fault finder. It’s common practice for AFDs to be neglected whoever the developer is.

here.

it would be like serving stale bread on our a/c and saying its not our problem we are the airline not the caterer. 

Edited by fluffyflops

14ppkc-6.png

7 minutes ago, fluffyflops said:

here.

it would be like serving stale bread on our a/c and saying its not our problem we are the airline not the caterer. 

Incorrect - again! You specifically said "angels". And my statement was because all developers neglect the AFD to a greater or lesser degree. And I repeat... Aerosoft are not the developers!!

This is a final warning. If you persist in pursuing this line of discussion you will suffer the consequences.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

38 minutes ago, fluffyflops said:

No, it's nothing like that at all.

It is exactly like buying a book published by Penguin and then complaining to Penguin that the author could not spell.

• Upvote 2

26 minutes ago, Reader said:

It is exactly like buying a book published by Penguin and then complaining to Penguin that the author could not spell.

Well, I for one would certainly complain to the publisher if the book had not been proof-read for errors, including spelling.

However, spelling is an exact science. Computer programming and its results on different hardware is not.

Intel i7 6700K @4.3. 32gb Gskill 3200 RAM. Z170x Gigabyte m/b. 28" LG HD monitor. Win 10 Home. 500g Samsung 960 as Windows home. 1 Gb Mushkin SSD for P3D. GTX 1080 8gb.

47 minutes ago, IanHarrison said:

Well, I for one would certainly complain to the publisher if the book had not been proof-read for errors, including spelling.

However, spelling is an exact science. Computer programming and its results on different hardware is not.

what if the same publisher on the last 5 books you bought off them the spelling was incorrect and they released the books early that the books didnt have the epilogue in it and you had to add it a month later.  wouldnt be the best publisher in the world would it.

14ppkc-6.png

1 hour ago, Reader said:

No, it would be like expecting STEAM to QC every title uploaded to their platform.  If you buy a game on Steam you may ask Steam to refund it however you got to the DEVELOPER to "fix" it not the publisher.  Honestly I think someone needs some time away from this thread... 

Personally, I flew the QW 787 from KEWR-LLBG in P3DV4.5 yesterday and it was incredible...  Landed at a butter smooth 60FPS with full AI and Tel Aviv in all it's glory, textures looked amazing on approach and after landing, GSX worked fine, gates worked fine, no it didn't have PBR but TBH I have been waiting for a good LLBG for so long PBR is not a show stopper for me...  

Edited by psolk
  • Upvote 1

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

In my opinion, if you expect certain products to be perfect (I am not talking about cars or other pieces of machinery!), you will often be disappointed. The fact is that something like an addon airport can likely never be perfect. I have purchased a ton of Aerosoft products, and for the most part they have been good enough to meet my expectations. Some have been better than others. I know bugs can be annoying, but I am not seeing any show stoppers with this latest release. They have certainly put out a few duds over the years, but the duds are by far the minority in my opinion. As I said earlier, LLBG seems very good to me. That said, I don't fly around the airport in a drone looking for errors, so perhaps I am missing some of these bugs. 

Cheers, Pete

Edited by PilotPete99

Pete Solov - Lake in the Hills 3CK

and Schaumburg Regional 06C
Proud AOPA Member - PPL 2001
Real World Piper Cherokee Pilot

4 hours ago, fluffyflops said:

what if the same publisher on the last 5 books you bought off them the spelling was incorrect and they released the books early that the books didnt have the epilogue in it and you had to add it a month later.  wouldnt be the best publisher in the world would it.

That's what I implied. They would soon be out of business. (Mind you, with the poor English written these days, probably quite a few people wouldn't know the difference).

• Like 1

Intel i7 6700K @4.3. 32gb Gskill 3200 RAM. Z170x Gigabyte m/b. 28" LG HD monitor. Win 10 Home. 500g Samsung 960 as Windows home. 1 Gb Mushkin SSD for P3D. GTX 1080 8gb.

... for some reason I thought I'd stumbled into an MSFS or Blackbox Simulation thread... :wink:

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

On 10/14/2020 at 10:52 AM, Matty2123 said:

Well new update is out and gsx still don’t work no afcad path well what I can see anyway 

you need to copy some files over.

it works with the new update

2020-10-17-5-9-35-5.jpg

2020-10-17-5-52-24-597.jpg

2020-10-17-5-53-31-633.jpg

Edited by fluffyflops

14ppkc-6.png

On 10/13/2020 at 10:33 AM, Ray Proudfoot said:

Incorrect - again! You specifically said "angels". And my statement was because all developers neglect the AFD to a greater or lesser degree. And I repeat... Aerosoft are not the developers!!

This is a final warning. If you persist in pursuing this line of discussion you will suffer the consequences.

Thats like blaming individual construction workers for a building collapsing. the company sells it under their name. their fault, they oversee development.

8 minutes ago, sem said:

Thats like blaming individual construction workers for a building collapsing. the company sells it under their name. their fault, they oversee development.

A much better analogy is you going to Media Markt and buying a Sony TV that fails four months after you buy it--that's not Media Markt's fault, that's Sony's problem.

It's clear enough to anyone that looks, that this is a work by David Rosenfeld, published and marketed by Aerosoft.  FWIW, his previous iterations of this scenery were published by FSAddons, not Aerosoft.  The things David does well in his sceneries, and the things he does not so well are attributable to *him*.

If you really buy add-ons from Aerosoft thinking that they are all made by the same guys and therefore should all be of equal quality, then you err greatly, and the consequences of your inadequate due diligence are yours to deal with.

Caveat Emptor!

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case