Sign in to follow this  
Chock

is there any point to develope add-ons for fsx in the n...

Guest Pil

as a small time developer of some add-on scenery for fs9, and the fact that only a chosen few actually have the necessary hardware to run fsx at a decent level, I am asking myself if there is any point in developing any kind of add-ons at this time.i think that fsx is a worthy follow up to fs9 with the new included features and graphic enhancements. there is only one major problem! microsoft developed a product that should not have been launched at this time. they would have been better off in delaying the launch of fsx for another two or so years until hardware and hardware prices would be suitable for this kind of complex and demanding software. i think that this will also affect professional add-on developers, who truely add the spice to flightsimming. i do not see that anybody will be interested in buying anykind of add-on at this time, if the original fsx airport can only be run at a maximum "sparse" level of detail to achieve acceptable frame rates. imagine what a nice complex airport with the love to all the little details would do to your frame rate.anyway, i bought fsx, i don't want a refund but i'm not going to use it for now. i think there is a small hand full of descision makers at microsoft and aces who had good things in mind, but at the end of the day made more damage than good with the decision to launch fsx at this time. you guys: why did you show us these high res screenshots which your average joes computer does not nearly come close to displaying!that's all for now.

Just means that scenery designers will have to work extra hard at optimizing their product once they get the new changes figured out. Seeing as the Flightscenery portland gives better framerates than the default in FS9, I see no reason once they are able to port it over into FSX that it wouldn't be the same.Cloud9 has a great looking Orlando coming soon and Tropicalsim have several out already that supposedly follow the new FSX design standards, anyone tried those? They look nice.Granted if you are into detailed airports and lots of AI, this sim isn't for you at the moment, but try some other ways to enjoy flight, you might be surprised.Regards, MichaelKDFW

Asus A8N32-SLI Deluxe nForce4 SLI-x16 / AMD

Best, Michael

KDFW

FSX is most certainly not the only incarnation of FS that might have trouble displaying full-on scenery. Anyone who remembers when the Airports 2000 scenery came out (for example) will be well aware that at the time there were many people for whom having all the options on with that scenery meant looking at a slideshow. It was commented on at that time too, even in such pro FS publications as PC Pilot.This is nothing new.

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here