Sign in to follow this  
kunzel4

Error when starting FSX

Gentlemen ,When starting FSX , just when loading scenery I got the following error:Instruction at 0x200392a0 referenced memory at 0x00000004 , memory could not be "read". Click to terminate program .So , I cannot start the FSX.Any idea ?My system is as fllows:Pentium 4 HT Intel D945/ 3 GHZ/2 GB Ram/ATI X850GTO/HD 8o GB.Any comments is appreciated.Thanks and regardsAlberto Kunzel

Since FSX sucks up a lot of memory it might have exposed the fact that you might have a bad memory stick.You might want to reseat the memory. Make sure the slots are clean too.You can get 'Memtest' program and test your system memory.Some hardware forums like guru3d, and overclocking forums might be of more help to you.

I got this and other errors when I had FSX installed in a compressed partition. Re-installing in a non compressed partition stopped ALL errors. I suspected memory but FSX would work OK about every third boot and I checked memory (I have memtest built into Mobo BIOS) no errors. As to why FSX gets upset with a compressed drive install at start up time is weird.

John

Rig: Gigabyte B550 AORUS Master Motherboard, AMD Ryzen 7 3800XT CPU, 32GB DDR4 Ram, Gigabyte RTX 2070 Super Graphics,  Samsung Odyssey  wide view display (5120 x 1440 pixels) with VSYNC on.

Guest Siborg001

I had this error today too, only installed the game this morning. Computer is less than a week old.Restarted the computer, didn't get the error again.

>I had this error today too, only installed the game this>morning. Computer is less than a week old.>>Restarted the computer, didn't get the error again.Gentlemen,Thanks for your advice .I will try to reinstall FSX , even though I did not install it in a compressed mode .I had the same error with a different code , now was 0x01f327d4 .Any other advice will be well received .I tested the memory with memtest for 2 hours and no error was recorded.regardsAlberto Kunzel

Gentlemen ,I uninstalled and reinstalled FSX and the problem is still there , now appear differents codes , now I had 0x20c6a07e/0x206ce95d/0x0659fa2c/0x40183fa3.I put new memories ( 3 GB now ).Any help , please.regardsAlberto Kunzel

Guest SimFan71

Hi Alberto,While those errors can certainly be caused by a bad RAM module, and always good to rule it out first before doing anything too drastic, the 'read/write' location they refer to is actually within the virtual memory map of the operating system kernel - that is, it could be a RAM address, or part of your Windows swap (virtual memory) file, or indeed just part of another program (they happen when one application doesn't have permission to access a location within another one).Helpful message huh? It's basically the operating systems catch all when it can't say anything useful! If you are lucky, sometimes more details about the error are stored in your windows event log - always good to go and check after one of these happens.A lot of things can cause them from file system corruption/bad file references/bad registry entry/bad RAM and so on and so on ad-infinitum!However, since you ruled out RAM, try these things (they are not in a particular order)...Run the Windows DiskCleanup utility (should be in accessories), scan your drive(s) for errors (with fix options on) and then defragment your drive(s). That should fix most file system issues, if you still have problems it could be your hard drive.Go into your windows drive (e.g. c:) and clear out the "windowstemporary internet files" directory, also clear any temp directories. If you changed something recently on your system and it has caused issues with other programs, not just FSX, try reversing that (uninstall it or go back to a system restore point). Also, if you try to reinstall FSX, I would advise going back to your last known good restore point if you can - i.e. when things were still stable.These errors can also be caused by having insufficient virtual memory configured - boot your machine in safe mode, disable virtual memory, reboot again in safe mode, and reset your virtual memory, or just try making it bigger (within reason - about 2.5x your RAM is a good rule of thumb)!It could be FSX installer (actually likely) messed up something in your system registry that uninstall/reinstall can't subsequently fix.That's why it's important to have a good known restore point before you try to install FSX, but I know that's not helpful advice now.Sorry this is so much info, these errors are a royal pain in the butt when they occur, and they happen to the best of us!If non of this works, you might have to resort to a full reformat and Windows reinstall before trying FSX again, but hopefully you can get it sorted before resorting to that.Anyway, I hope some of that helps.

>Hi Alberto,>>While those errors can certainly be caused by a bad RAM>module, and always good to rule it out first before doing>anything too drastic, the 'read/write' location they refer to>is actually within the virtual memory map of the operating>system kernel - that is, it could be a RAM address, or part of>your Windows swap (virtual memory) file, or indeed just part>of another program (they happen when one application doesn't>have permission to access a location within another one).>>Helpful message huh? It's basically the operating systems>catch all when it can't say anything useful! If you are lucky,>sometimes more details about the error are stored in your>windows event log - always good to go and check after one of>these happens.>>A lot of things can cause them from file system corruption/bad>file references/bad registry entry/bad RAM and so on and so on>ad-infinitum!>>However, since you ruled out RAM, try these things (they are>not in a particular order)...>>Run the Windows DiskCleanup utility (should be in>accessories), scan your drive(s) for errors (with fix options>on) and then defragment your drive(s). That should fix most>file system issues, if you still have problems it could be>your hard drive.>>Go into your windows drive (e.g. c:) and clear out the>"windowstemporary internet files" directory, also clear any>temp directories. >>If you changed something recently on your system and it has>caused issues with other programs, not just FSX, try reversing>that (uninstall it or go back to a system restore point). >Also, if you try to reinstall FSX, I would advise going back>to your last known good restore point if you can - i.e. when>things were still stable.>>These errors can also be caused by having insufficient virtual>memory configured - boot your machine in safe mode, disable>virtual memory, reboot again in safe mode, and reset your>virtual memory, or just try making it bigger (within reason ->about 2.5x your RAM is a good rule of thumb)!>>It could be FSX installer (actually likely) messed up>something in your system registry that uninstall/reinstall>can't subsequently fix.>>That's why it's important to have a good known restore point>before you try to install FSX, but I know that's not helpful>advice now.>>Sorry this is so much info, these errors are a royal pain in>the butt when they occur, and they happen to the best of us!>>If non of this works, you might have to resort to a full>reformat and Windows reinstall before trying FSX again, but>hopefully you can get it sorted before resorting to that.>>Anyway, I hope some of that helps.SimFan ,Thanks for your input , I will try all advices you send me .I forgot to say that when this error occur I have in the warning the advise that is an " fsx.exe - Application Error " and that I never got start the FSX before, since the first time after installation I did not get to start , always I got the error in the phase of Loading auto scenery ( or something like that )RegardsAlberto Kunzel

>Hi Alberto,>>While those errors can certainly be caused by a bad RAM>module, and always good to rule it out first before doing>anything too drastic, the 'read/write' location they refer to>is actually within the virtual memory map of the operating>system kernel - that is, it could be a RAM address, or part of>your Windows swap (virtual memory) file, or indeed just part>of another program (they happen when one application doesn't>have permission to access a location within another one).>>Helpful message huh? It's basically the operating systems>catch all when it can't say anything useful! If you are lucky,>sometimes more details about the error are stored in your>windows event log - always good to go and check after one of>these happens.>>A lot of things can cause them from file system corruption/bad>file references/bad registry entry/bad RAM and so on and so on>ad-infinitum!>>However, since you ruled out RAM, try these things (they are>not in a particular order)...>>Run the Windows DiskCleanup utility (should be in>accessories), scan your drive(s) for errors (with fix options>on) and then defragment your drive(s). That should fix most>file system issues, if you still have problems it could be>your hard drive.>>Go into your windows drive (e.g. c:) and clear out the>"windowstemporary internet files" directory, also clear any>temp directories. >>If you changed something recently on your system and it has>caused issues with other programs, not just FSX, try reversing>that (uninstall it or go back to a system restore point). >Also, if you try to reinstall FSX, I would advise going back>to your last known good restore point if you can - i.e. when>things were still stable.>>These errors can also be caused by having insufficient virtual>memory configured - boot your machine in safe mode, disable>virtual memory, reboot again in safe mode, and reset your>virtual memory, or just try making it bigger (within reason ->about 2.5x your RAM is a good rule of thumb)!>>It could be FSX installer (actually likely) messed up>something in your system registry that uninstall/reinstall>can't subsequently fix.>>That's why it's important to have a good known restore point>before you try to install FSX, but I know that's not helpful>advice now.>>Sorry this is so much info, these errors are a royal pain in>the butt when they occur, and they happen to the best of us!>>If non of this works, you might have to resort to a full>reformat and Windows reinstall before trying FSX again, but>hopefully you can get it sorted before resorting to that.>>Anyway, I hope some of that helps.SimFan71I now discovered that when changing the setting of the FSX I get different memory errors.For instance :a) When everything is "medium high "I get errors related to memories 0x208392a8 / 0x0000004 and "read" .:( When "medium low" I get errors related to memories 0x7c809783 / 0x054ee150 and "written"c)When "ultra high" I get 0x7c809783/0x054ee150 "written"d) Graphic- "medium high" aircraft -low scenery - low weather -minimal trafic -minimal I get 0x20e14155/0x0000000adPlease note that in a) the error occurs when loading the autogen ( in 82 %)always in 82%.In B)c) and d) there is no loading , just when starting to load I get the error. Any further help?FYI, I removed the antivirus , did a good defragmentation , used Ccleaner to remove all temp file,cookies and everything is possible with Ccleaner.Please advise.thanks and regardsAlberto Kunzel

Gentlemen ,Any help for this problem .Do you think that this a problem of the FSX itself Thanks and regardsAlberto Kunzel

Guest allcott

I have had this. I put it down to the memory address still being `occupied` after making a change to FSX that would otherwise put something else in its place. Causes include: Changing the autogen setting, changing location to a place in the same region, not waiting long enough after a FSX shut down for the memory space to `clear`. In every case, I `fixed` it by doing a computer reboot.Allcott

>I have had this. I put it down to the memory address still>being `occupied` after making a change to FSX that would>otherwise put something else in its place. Causes include:>Changing the autogen setting, changing location to a place in>the same region, not waiting long enough after a FSX shut down>for the memory space to `clear`. >>In every case, I `fixed` it by doing a computer reboot.>>>AllcottAllcott ,Thanks for your input , but I could not understand what you did tosolve the problem.Could you repeat with another words ?Thanks and regardsAlberto Kunzel

I had a similar problem, crash on launch, but with FS9. I realized I just was messing around with microsofts built-in protections for windows XP. basically in the system section of the control panel there is an advanced tab, and then a startup and recovery settings button, and then hit edit to edit the startup options, I decided to turn on /noexecute= and make the line read/noexecute=AlwaysOnthen rebootedthis is to protect against virus damage but for some reason I guess it think certain changes flight sim is making is actually a virus. Anyway I changed the line to /noexecute=AlwaysOff and rebooted again and everything worked.

Guest Mighty

Reviving an old thread, because I'm seeing exactly what the original poster saw. I installed FSX yesterday. On startup, after the first two progress bars (setting up scenery index and database) the music kicks on for about 1/4 sec, then crashes with Memory could not be "read". Actually, the first run after a reboot closes without an error message, before the music starts.Only change on the system at all recently was I tried to install an old Logitech joystick. It crashed Windows, so I uninstalled it. No joystick currently installed.Shut down extraneous processes.Uninstall/reinstall didn't work.Ran a RAM test program I got from guru3d.com for over half an hour. No errors.Swapped slots for my RAM.Tried installing the scenery patch, just in case it shook things up enough to work. No joy.AMD Athlon 64 3500+nVidia GeForce 6800 GT (latest drivers)SB Audigy 2 ZS (latest drivers)Win XP SP2DX 9.0b (just ran the update)1 GB memoryPlenty of disk spaceDon't have a System save point. What are some of the registry entries that might get messed up? Anything a human might be able to troubleshoot?Anyone have any other ideas I can try?TIA,Drake