Sign in to follow this  
Pilot Ike

Canada/Alaska bush flying - p3D V5 or XP11.50?

I recently bought MSFS but can't even download the thing. I assume MS will eventually sort out the problems and present us a great next generation flight simulator, but that is going to take a while unfortunately, and I want to fly now, so I want to check alternatives in the meantime.

So  there's P3D V5 and the new XP11.50. What do you think? Which one would be the better option for simulating bush flying in Canada or Alaska? (Too bad "Deadstick" is still in development - maybe forever?)

Think of

• available sceneries
  • available airplanes
  • physics in flight, on the ground and on the water (floatplanes!)
  • overall sim performance

And please, don't let this be another XP11 or P3D bashing thread, let's keep this nice and civil. Just let me know what you think are the pros and cons in this special field, NA bush flying only. I'm interested in your well-grounded opinion and experience.

• Upvote 1

I just had to pop in here.. Roger Wensley has done well over 200 Canadian & Alaskan freeware sceneries, there's Tongass sceneries, Emma Field, Misty Moorings, Glacier Bay, a whole bunch of Georender sceneries, There's suitable Mesh, plenty of aircraft, tundra, wheels, ski & floats, & textures as well.

However, yes, always an however.... I actually have a separate sim install for Alaska & Canada (with a bit of North America!) just over 50GB, BUT FS2004.. just because it has the widest range of Alaskan/Canadian stuff.

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...
To the Stars, & Beyond... 

@Pilot Ike

Why not just stick to using P3D v4 as your post history suggests that’s what you already have. Then when you figure out how to download MSFS you can start using it. If your just interested in bush, then v4 will probably suit you fine

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

If you do currently have P3D V4 installed and running, have you checked out this site?

https://return.mistymoorings.com/

A lot of bush flying to be found there. 🍻

• Like 1

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)