Sign in to follow this  
redhead66

VJoy Curves

I , like many others found the elevator/ailerons too sensitive. Then I discovered VJoy Curves an excellent piece of free software that enables the sensitivities to be adjusted. It worked well prior to the recent 1.9.3.0 update but since then it crashes the sim. I was wondering if anyone has managd to get it working in the latest update and if so, how?

Bob P

Bob Palmer

Tell us more; give us some links and tell us what it did and how?

I find the elevators and ailerons FAR too sensitive at lower speeds - typically on TO and APPR. It's my biggest gripe with the sim so far. Not like real world at all.

Thanks in advance.

Edited by Will Fly For Cheese

the link to it, https://xedocproject.com/joystickcurves.html

You can calibrate the axis of your controllers precisely.  I am not sure that the software was the cause of my crashes, still working on it.

Bob P

Bob Palmer

You should try FSUIPC7. It's much easier to set up your controllers.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

I use VJoy in XPlane and P3D to use my steering wheel pedals for rudders, but in MSFS, it doesn't allow me to assign anything to VJoy

It appears in control settings, but there are no sim options to be able to assign - it's just blank

Has anyone got this working? would FSUIPC allow me to take the brake and accelerate pedals, and combine them into one axis for Yaw/Rudder like VJoy does in XPlane?

I use joystick curves for the throttle of the A320 and it works OK, no problem.

The plus I see in this program is that it allows to set "delta" entry to allow shifting the curve of the throttle slider allowing it to work perfectly with the "CLIMB" position of the throttle lever of the A320.

I use it with my ThurstMaster Hotas X device.

I could not make this via FSUIPC7.

Edited by patrice_bambou

Patrice Dubois

Patrice, you seem to have been succesful with Vjoy.  The setting up of the curves themselves is simple and I have no problem with this.  But I seem to run into difficulty when using them in the "Controls" section of msfs.  The vjoy option is added to the list of controllers, so where do I go from there.  Would you be so kind as to give me a guide as to the steps to take to integrate Vjoy into  the profiles.  Somehow I messed up somewhere here and that caused the sim to crash.  After I return everything to the default the crashes do not happen.  At least that is todays experience, it may be different tomorrow as the programme is quite buggy.

Tank you in advance!

Bob P

Bob Palmer

Hi Bob,

I did this as follows:

- Be sure to have correctly installed the "joystick curve" app and also the "virtual joysticks" (Personnally I useds the "headsoft_vjoy_1_2.exe" installer run as admin to create 2 virtual joysticks, did not know to create only one).

- Create the desired curves using the curve app and assign a physical device to a virtual joystick for the corresponding curves.

- Start FS2020, go to FS2020 controls

- Here you can see normally 2 virtual joysticks devices in the list of control devices (The 2 are named VJOY Virtual Joystick, same name)

- Now Unassign the control of the physical control device you want to assign to a virtual joystick (for me it is the "power management / throttle / Throttle axis" of my HOTAS X

- Then click on one of the virtual Hoystick control device (in the list above the controls) and display ALL controls Filter on the left of the screen

- Then search the same control that has been unassigned above and assign it to an axis of the Virtual joystick (For me it was axis JoyStick-L-Axixs Z). Check that the assignment is ok by moving the control on your physical device. If nothing moves, change of virtual joystick in the curve app or change of virtual joystick in FS2020 (and do not forget to unassign the newly assigned control)

- After that, if the control moves OK, now you can tune the curve in the joystick curve app.

- And then all should be OK.

- Repeat this procedure for all axis you want to manage by the virtual joysticks.

Patrice.

Edited by patrice_bambou
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Patrice Dubois

Hello Patrice

Thanks for your reply.  Just about to have lunch.  I will have another go following your instructions this afternoon and will let you know how I get on.

Bob P.

Bob Palmer

Patrice

Have spent a couple of hours trying to get Throttle/Elevator/Ailerons/Rudder working.  I am understanding more about it now but have only managed to get Elevator and Ailerons working.  I am pretty sure it is my settings in vjoy curves that are the problem. Actually I have no need to alter the Throttle it's just that I had not integrated it in the curves....I think!   Will pursue it later after I have cooled down.

Bob P

Bob Palmer

On 10/4/2020 at 4:47 AM, DJJose said:

You should try FSUIPC7. It's much easier to set up your controllers.

I wish... I find it incredibly confusing.  I purchased it and read the manual but still am unable to use it.

CPU: Core i5-6600K 4 core (3.5GHz) - overclock to 4.3 | RAM: (1066 MHz) 16GB
MOBO: ASUS Z170 Pro |  GeForce GTX 1070 8GB | MONITOR: 2560 X 1440 2K

22 minutes ago, Mike S KPDX said:

I wish... I find it incredibly confusing.  I purchased it and read the manual but still am unable to use it.

You must have the versions confused. FSUIPC7 beta is not available for sale yet. Check out this thread:

42 minutes ago, DJJose said:

You must have the versions confused. FSUIPC7 beta is not available for sale yet. Check out this thread:

I purchased for FSX, and have the beta for MS2020... still not using it.  I simply can not get it to do what I need it to do.

CPU: Core i5-6600K 4 core (3.5GHz) - overclock to 4.3 | RAM: (1066 MHz) 16GB
MOBO: ASUS Z170 Pro |  GeForce GTX 1070 8GB | MONITOR: 2560 X 1440 2K

2 hours ago, Mike S KPDX said:

I purchased for FSX, and have the beta for MS2020... still not using it.  I simply can not get it to do what I need it to do.

Mike,

What are you trying to do?

I will be happy to help.

Jose