Sign in to follow this  
redhead66

VJoy Curves

10 hours ago, patrice_bambou said:

Hi Bob,

I did this as follows:

- Be sure to have correctly installed the "joystick curve" app and also the "virtual joysticks" (Personnally I useds the "headsoft_vjoy_1_2.exe" installer run as admin to create 2 virtual joysticks, did not know to create only one).

- Create the desired curves using the curve app and assign a physical device to a virtual joystick for the corresponding curves.

- Start FS2020, go to FS2020 controls

- Here you can see normally 2 virtual joysticks devices in the list of control devices (The 2 are named VJOY Virtual Joystick, same name)

- Now Unassign the control of the physical control device you want to assign to a virtual joystick (for me it is the "power management / throttle / Throttle axis" of my HOTAS X

- Then click on one of the virtual Hoystick control device (in the list above the controls) and display ALL controls Filter on the left of the screen

- Then search the same control that has been unassigned above and assign it to an axis of the Virtual joystick (For me it was axis JoyStick-L-Axixs Z). Check that the assignment is ok by moving the control on your physical device. If nothing moves, change of virtual joystick in the curve app or change of virtual joystick in FS2020 (and do not forget to unassign the newly assigned control)

- After that, if the control moves OK, now you can tune the curve in the joystick curve app.

- And then all should be OK.

- Repeat this procedure for all axis you want to manage by the virtual joysticks.

Patrice.

This was the missing piece of the jigsaw I needed to get this working, Thank you !

I now have a nice curve for my Honeycomb Yoke very similar to what I have in X-Plane 11and it has made a world of difference to the feel of the aircraft 🙂

• Like 1

Richard

i7-12700K | Noctua NH-D15S Black Version | MSI Pro Z690 - A | 32 GB DDR4 3600 | Gigabyte Gaming OC 4090 | 1TB WD Blue NMVe (MSFS 2020) | 500 GB WD Black Gen 4 NVMe | 4TB WD Black Conventional | Fractal Design Torrent Case | Seasonic 1000W Gold Plus PSU | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Honeycomb Throttle | Airbus Side Stick | Virpil Rudder Pedals | Sony X90K 55 Inch TV |

mmBbmS1.png

1 hour ago, DJJose said:

Mike,

What are you trying to do?

I will be happy to help.

Jose

Thank you for your offer, I have asked for help on this on several forums including the FSUIPC one with either no response or a simple 'it's in the manual', so this is appreciated.  I have this yoke system.  It has a single full throw single axis 'throttle' lever.  it does not have physical detents nor any 'button action' available on this axis. I am trying to set this up the MSFS 2020 TBM, however with its real life and sim unusual 'H' configuration it may not be possible.

I am trying to get the throttle to work over its full throw with max thrust at the top and max reverse at the bottom as per the real aircraft.  I have it setup in game right know with the throttle at the bottom, I press a button for the 'toggle reverse' and then move the throttle up to add in engine power, but this is not the way it should work.  So that's it, that is the issue, thanks.

I have a very descriptive image of what I am trying to do, but I can not place it into this response (it seems to need a url) and I have it on my desktop.

CPU: Core i5-6600K 4 core (3.5GHz) - overclock to 4.3 | RAM: (1066 MHz) 16GB
MOBO: ASUS Z170 Pro |  GeForce GTX 1070 8GB | MONITOR: 2560 X 1440 2K

6 minutes ago, Mike S KPDX said:

Thank you for your offer, I have asked for help on this on several forums including the FSUIPC one with either no response or a simple 'it's in the manual', so this is appreciated.  I have this yoke system.  It has a single full throw single axis 'throttle' lever.  it does not have physical detents nor any 'button action' available on this axis. I am trying to set this up the MSFS 2020 TBM, however with its real life and sim unusual 'H' configuration it may not be possible.

I am trying to get the throttle to work over its full throw with max thrust at the top and max reverse at the bottom as per the real aircraft.  I have it setup in game right know with the throttle at the bottom, I press a button for the 'toggle reverse' and then move the throttle up to add in engine power, but this is not the way it should work.  So that's it, that is the issue, thanks.

I have a very descriptive image of what I am trying to do, but I can not place it into this response (it seems to need a url) and I have it on my desktop.

Mike,

Let's see if I can help.

PM me.

Thanks.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

I am setting up / installing the  two things patrice bambou suggested. They are not products by the same company. They are freeware and you need both used together, apparently, to manage sensitivities.

Vjoy keys:

http://headsoft.com.au/index.php?category=vjoy

Vjoy curves:

https://xedocproject.com/joystickcurves.html

(by the way I had to turn OFF firefox browser Norton Safe Web Add-on temporarily to get the curves app to download. It is recognized as safe by Norton but was blocked  anyway.)

Edited by Fielder

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

This for Patrice who was very helpful.

I have spent several hours trying to use Vjoy Curves, but no luck.  It crashes the sim every time.  I disable all the control mappings for the flight control surfaces in controls.  And make alive the VJoy option.and proceed to map the four essentials. Ailerons/Elevator/Rudder/Throttle.  When I click on the "Ready to Fly" CRASH!  There must be something that I am doing wrong but I cannot figure it out.  What is so annoying is that I had this working prior to the last update.  When I return the controls to the default no more crashes.

I don't like to give up on anything, but for now I think I will wait and see what the next MSFS update brings.

Thanks for your help Patrice.

Bob P

Bob Palmer

If I understand all this correctly.....these programs all use “curves” so-called. Does this mean these are EXPONENTIAL curves? I have zeroed out my sensitivity sliders, partly because I do not want any exponential in my controls. 

Intel i7-11700K@3.60 GHZ. 32 GB RTX 4070 Ti OC

The joystick curves are custom curves you create using some curve points you set up via the interface. the standard curves are linear. And then you modify them using the graphical interface.

And you can check your curves via a kind of radar tool that shows the physical input and the resulting output of the curve when moving the control.

Edited by patrice_bambou

Patrice Dubois

1 hour ago, redhead66 said:

This for Patrice who was very helpful.

I have spent several hours trying to use Vjoy Curves, but no luck.  It crashes the sim every time.  I disable all the control mappings for the flight control surfaces in controls.  And make alive the VJoy option.and proceed to map the four essentials. Ailerons/Elevator/Rudder/Throttle.  When I click on the "Ready to Fly" CRASH!  There must be something that I am doing wrong but I cannot figure it out.  What is so annoying is that I had this working prior to the last update.  When I return the controls to the default no more crashes.

I don't like to give up on anything, but for now I think I will wait and see what the next MSFS update brings.

Thanks for your help Patrice.

Bob P

Hi Bob,

Below is my joystick curve for the A320 in FS2020

http://www.pilote-virtuel.com/img/members/6381/joystick-curve.jpeg

Check if you have a similar content. And try first with only one control.

Patrice Dubois