Sign in to follow this  
NZAA

Are SIDS up to date?

I've tried flights ex KIX (RBJJ) HKG (VHHH) now WLG (NZWN) using flight plans from SimBrief and other free services. All give a flight plan with a SID which isn't in MSFS?

Am I doing something wrong? 

Looking at flying NZWN > NZCH via Sim Brief. The various flight plans ex NZWN using RNWY34 offer SID's KALE2P, POLA2P or POLA2R.

Using the A32NX FlyByWire model I'm getting DAMB09, ISNI4P, ISNI4T, KALE3P, NZWN2B, POLA5P,POLA4R, RUGDI5, WITB1A, WITB2B

I've tried on the default A320 as well, it's no different. 

What's in the names, my SimBrief plan says using KALE2P and MSFS offers KALE3P... could I just use this instead?

Sorry new to this and I'm keen on setting flight plans in the MCDU so I can land and go again without exiting the Sim

Nah I use the Navigraph beta which updates all the nav data.

• Like 2

Thomas Derbyshire

15 minutes ago, sidfadc said:

Same here. Charts are nice too.

But, isnt it supposed to be updated monthly from navblue?

Edited by zemez

9900k@5GHz, 32GB@3200 RAM, Strix RTX 2080ti, VKB Gladiator mkii, VKB rudder pedals 

4 minutes ago, sidfadc said:

Cheers, I've read a few references to that service. Given how casual I am, I'm not really keen on paying $15(NZD) a month to get charts. I've backdated SimBrief to Jun which is the 'database date' within MSFS but it's still using SIDS and STARS which aren't available in MSFS.

Surely, if they're going to offer SIDS they'd need to be reasonably up to date?

Do you just need to use the boring MSFS welcome/setup screen to set a flight plan? or just guess which SIDS/STARS are in a line?

Supposedly patch 2 included the latest data from Navblue, per the most recent developer QA.

I think Navblue is just missing things.  Several real pilots have commented that Navblue has poor coverage in some parts of the world, and that items missing from MSFS were also missing from the offerings for actual flight use.

Given that per the devs we should have up to date data, I think we should start creating Zendesk tickets for every missing item.  Maybe that will cause them to reevaluate who is providing the data.  (Unless we do this, there is no way for MS/Asobo to collect the data to justify a change)

AMD 3950X | 64GB RAM | AMD 5700XT | CH Fighterstick / Pro Throttle / Pro Pedals

Yea as above I think NavBlue is just lacking up to date information - Asobo should have partnered with Navigraph then we all winners.  Unlike Navigraph which uses Jeppesen charts with the latest airac so its always bang up to date.  I know what you mean about being casual but fact is if you want to fly sids/stars accurately using up to date charts you will need it.  You can just "wing it" by using the inbuilt flight planner and using a sid/star to get you either onto your enroute way point or IAF on approach.  But if you are using SimBrief to produce your flight plans, considering that service uses latest AIRAC in some cases you will find sids/stars on your flight plan which don't exist in the Sim which is frustrating and time consuming figuring out the missing pieces.  

I think you can trial Navigraph, its worth giving it a go.  It offers so much more than just charts, you get geo-referenced charts so your aircraft is overlayed on the chart (great for finding your way around an airport).  It comes with its own flight planning tools and is supported across desktop and cloud for iOS and Android.  They are even launching VFR charts soon which will be perfect for MSFS.  Its worth considering it as an option....

• Like 1

Thomas Derbyshire