Sign in to follow this  
MauBen

Main cockpit view/camera keeps moving.

Before I add anything, MSFS has been pretty much flawless for me for the type of flying I do. So, this is the first major problem I have and it started after the latest patch. Since it does not look like anybody has reported this, I have to assume the problem is something in my PC or settings somewhere, but I have no idea what it could be.

So, my problem is, I can no longer fly since the main cockpit view/camera keeps moving down and it does not stop. Resetting the view brings it back to normal, but it moves down again.  Other views are OK but obviously, I can no longer fly anything. No problem with views in XPlane or FS2. Enclosing a video to show the problem

Any ideas anyone?
Thanks

https://youtu.be/Vuemm6YvMfA

I9-13900K, RTX 4090, Reverb G2, Simrig Motion platform

Did you assign views to your joystick’s POV and the dead zone is not Calibrated correctly?

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

8 minutes ago, DAD said:

Did you assign views to your joystick’s POV and the dead zone is not Calibrated correctly?

For a minute, I thought you had the answer since the joystick calibration is now available again. Unfortunately, no joy. I removed all the assignments and it is still doing that.

Thanks anyway

Did you deselect all view assignments? I mean maybe also deactivate keyboard assignments just in case some keys are worn down. If there is not a single assignment to „view down“ and it still moves down then you at least ruled out your hardware 

Edited by DAD

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

5 minutes ago, DAD said:

Did you deselect all view assignments? I mean maybe also deactivate keyboard assignments just in case some keys are worn down. If there is not a single assignment to „view down“ and it still moves down then you at least ruled out your hardware 

No, I deleted  all joystick view assignments only. I can’t see the keyboard being suddenly faulty as I barely use the keyboard at all and on the last flight before last update, everything was ok. Anyway, I’ll check again in case I missed some assignment somewhere, joystick or keyboard.  Also, all other views are steady, so a stuck key should have more than one effect I would think.

I don't know if it's related but I have occasionally had my cockpit view constantly wanting to flick over to the starboard side of the cockpit and doing it again as soon as I correct it. It's only happened since the recent patch and on maybe only 4 or 5 flights. Not sure if it was connected to my gamepad being 'discovered as a new device' during a flight on 2 or 3 occasions, also since the patch.

OS:     Win11 Home; Mobo: Asus TUF Gaming Z690-Plus WiFi D4; CPU: Intel i5-12400 (Alder Lake) 4.4 GHz
RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 64Gb (4x16GB) 3600 MHz; GPU:  MSI Radeon RX 5700XT [8GB] 
SSD:  Corsair Force MP510 (for OS);  2x 1TB & 1x 2TB Sabrent Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0 (one for sim, two for addons)
HDD:  Seagate 3TB (Data); Seagate 1TB (Programs), ASUS TUF Gaming VG32VQ1B Curved 31.5" monitor, 1440p, 38Mbs ethernet 

Fulcrum One Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo throttle, Thrustmaster Airbus TCA sidestick & throttle, Logitech Pro pedals, Xbox wireless gamepad (1st gen)

16 minutes ago, 109Sqn said:

I don't know if it's related but I have occasionally had my cockpit view constantly wanting to flick over to the starboard side of the cockpit and doing it again as soon as I correct it. It's only happened since the recent patch and on maybe only 4 or 5 flights. Not sure if it was connected to my gamepad being 'discovered as a new device' during a flight on 2 or 3 occasions, also since the patch.

same here with xbox pad, probably something to do with the sensitivity as i didnt mess with that too much.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MauBen said:

Before I add anything, MSFS has been pretty much flawless for me for the type of flying I do. So, this is the first major problem I have and it started after the latest patch. Since it does not look like anybody has reported this, I have to assume the problem is something in my PC or settings somewhere, but I have no idea what it could be.

So, my problem is, I can no longer fly since the main cockpit view/camera keeps moving down and it does not stop. Resetting the view brings it back to normal, but it moves down again.  Other views are OK but obviously, I can no longer fly anything. No problem with views in XPlane or FS2. Enclosing a video to show the problem

Any ideas anyone?
Thanks

https://youtu.be/Vuemm6YvMfA

That video is a weird one. Specially that it does only in cockpit view.

1 hour ago, 109Sqn said:

No game pad here, just a Honeycomb yoke where I had set up my cockpit views.

53 minutes ago, Ron Attwood said:

Option/General/Camera/Height set to 50% or less.

Same thing

had  this  myself  but  happened  in  cockpit    view  kept  on  going  up,   cant  remember  what settings  i had  changed  but  it  was  in  the  general  section   under  camera setting   since  i  changed  every setting  to auto  back to manual  and  found  out  one  of  them  was the  fix. Maybe  it  wasnt  but   not  going  to change the  settings

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

1 hour ago, illidanx said:

Have you tried disconnecting every peripheral except keyboard and mouse to isolate the problem?

Bingo!  Actually, this was one of the first things I had tried, but after reading your reply, I thought that I should try to disconnect the keyboard as well. And that's when I found that I had missed one of the controls (Thrustmaster TQ). When I disconnected the cable, the view stopped rolling.

Unfortunately, and probably not related at all, now I can't get the top menu to come up even after powerdown/reboot. But that's another issue for another day and that happened a few times before I disconnected the TQ.

Anyway, thanks for the tip. At least I can fly now

I realize this is an old thread, but now I'm having this issue since sim update 5 dropped today. The camera constantly pans up only while in the cockpit, nowhere else. Extremely irritating.

The difference with me vs the OP is I'm flying using only a wireless Xbox One controller (plugged in since my PC doesn't have bluetooth capability) and everything I try doesn't help. Somewhat humorously, when I plug in my other Xbox One controller the camera constantly pans down instead of up. 

While I don't expect to find a solution here, I am wondering if there is a place we can report bugs like these to the devs. Thanks for any help! 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3