Sign in to follow this  
109Sqn

Random object on runway thread!

There have been a few reported (other than the annoying vehicles stopped on the taxiway or driving on the runway whilst you are landing or taking off). The latest I have seen is at Iswahyudi (WARI) in Indonesia. A sodding great red & white tower with a green warning beacon on top, dead centre of the runway! it must be about 30 ft tall😁

What else has been spotted so far?

OS:     Win11 Home; Mobo: Asus TUF Gaming Z690-Plus WiFi D4; CPU: Intel i5-12400 (Alder Lake) 4.4 GHz
RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 64Gb (4x16GB) 3600 MHz; GPU:  MSI Radeon RX 5700XT [8GB] 
SSD:  Corsair Force MP510 (for OS);  2x 1TB & 1x 2TB Sabrent Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0 (one for sim, two for addons)
HDD:  Seagate 3TB (Data); Seagate 1TB (Programs), ASUS TUF Gaming VG32VQ1B Curved 31.5" monitor, 1440p, 38Mbs ethernet 

Fulcrum One Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo throttle, Thrustmaster Airbus TCA sidestick & throttle, Logitech Pro pedals, Xbox wireless gamepad (1st gen)

Taxi lights every where. On the taxi ways for starters. Every field has the issue that i have flown to, and Yes, on the runways....

Edited by Ed_S_Pilot
  • Like 1

Ed

ASRock 2390 Phantom Gaming 4S - Intel Core i7-9700K 3.6ghz - (4.6ghz turbo) liquid cooled -32GB DDR4-3000 mhz OC - NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER 8GB - 480GB SSD - 970 EVO PLUS M.2 1TB

Pilot      C152 - C172SP - PA-28-181 Archer II - Piper PA-28 Cherokee -  AOPA# 09053717

https://www.pcflyers.org/

KSAN Rwy 9 - upon touchdown I see a clear runway to the far end.  About two seconds into braking (Bonanza landing at 80 kts) a large green/white striped wall suddenly appears across the full width of the runway.  Plane hits it and I am told the plane was destroyed and I get black screen of death.  Doesn't happen on every landing but does on many.  

Also runway lights in many inappropriate places such as runway intersections and taxiways.

DHL 767 parked crossways in middle of KSAN only runway (not at any taxiway) with smaller GA plane under the belly of the DHL.

i7-9700K @4.9 GHz  / Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro Mobo / 32 GB DDR4 / RTX 3060 Ti 8GB GPU / AORUS FO48U 4k display
 SSD for Drive C and another SSD dedicate to Flight Sim / 1 GB Comcast Xfinity Internet connection / HP Reverb G2 / Tobii 5 Head & Eye Tracking

read about me and my sailing adventures at www.svmirador.net/WebsiteOne/ or at Flickr TacomaSailor

Not to mention ground traffic that seems to think a runway is the place to stop so the driver can check their phones. 

Had one tonight at Cardiff...  just coming in to land ( 100 ft off runway end) and ATC starts yelling at me  go around   go aound  because a tanker decided to drive across the runway...   what can I say.. landed through it and just carried on.   Glad they do not have collision zones.

Graham

System specs...   CPU AMD5950,  GPU AMD6900XT,  ROG crosshair VIII Hero motherboard, Corsair 64 gig LPX 3600 mem, Air cooling on GPU,   Kraken x pump cooling on CPU.  Samsung G7 curved 27" monitor at 2k resolution ULTRA default settings.

3 hours ago, TacomaSailor said:

DHL 767 parked crossways in middle of KSAN only runway (not at any taxiway) with smaller GA plane under the belly of the DHL.

I see a lot of those 'hybrid' planes. I have had a 4-winged, 2 tailed 767 at least once.

3 hours ago, KenG said:

Not to mention ground traffic that seems to think a runway is the place to stop so the driver can check their phones. 

Very common (the occurrence, not you!).

OS:     Win11 Home; Mobo: Asus TUF Gaming Z690-Plus WiFi D4; CPU: Intel i5-12400 (Alder Lake) 4.4 GHz
RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 64Gb (4x16GB) 3600 MHz; GPU:  MSI Radeon RX 5700XT [8GB] 
SSD:  Corsair Force MP510 (for OS);  2x 1TB & 1x 2TB Sabrent Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0 (one for sim, two for addons)
HDD:  Seagate 3TB (Data); Seagate 1TB (Programs), ASUS TUF Gaming VG32VQ1B Curved 31.5" monitor, 1440p, 38Mbs ethernet 

Fulcrum One Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo throttle, Thrustmaster Airbus TCA sidestick & throttle, Logitech Pro pedals, Xbox wireless gamepad (1st gen)