Sign in to follow this  
bofhlusr

Basic questions: Version info and trim animation?

Where do I find the version info for the Falcon 50 that is installed in my P3D v4.5?

Is the elevator trim animation simulated when viewed externally?

Also, can the Falcon be flown by just one pilot in real life? I'm wondering why the APU controls are in the other side of the virtual cockpit far away from the pilot.

Thank you.

Edited by oneleg
More clarity

Hardware: i7-8700k, GTX 1070-ti, 32GB ram, NVMe/SSD drives with lots of free space.
Software: latest Windows 10 Pro, P3Dv4.5+, FSX Steam, and lots of addons (100+ mostly Orbx stuff).

Pilotfly.gif?raw=1

1 hour ago, oneleg said:

Where do I find the version info for the Falcon 50 that is installed in my P3D v4.5?

Go to Programs and Features in the Win10 Control Panel, page down to Flysimware's FALCON 50 P3D and you should see the version # over on the right side. Current version is 2.0b.

The version # is also part of the installer's file name:  FLYSIMWARE_FALCON_50_V2.0b.exe

1 hour ago, oneleg said:

Is the elevator trim animation simulated when viewed externally?

No

1 hour ago, oneleg said:

Also, can the Falcon be flown by just one pilot in real life?

Not legally!

Also, the PIC must hold a type rating for the aircraft.

Al

Edited by ark

42 minutes ago, ark said:

Go to Programs and Features in the Win10 Control Panel, page down to Flysimware's FALCON 50 P3D and you should see the version # over on the right side. Current version is 2.0b.

The version # is also part of the installer's file name:  FLYSIMWARE_FALCON_50_V2.0b.exe

Thank you @ark

I can't find it in Programs and Features. I went to my download folder and noticed that I have two .exe files: an 1.8c and 2.0b. The problem is I can't tell if I installed 2.0b already. Also, I bought my copy from Just Flight in January, 2019 but the 1.8c file is dated Dec 2019.  So it's possible I might have a version that's even older than 1.8c. (I just started using Falcon 50).

Is there another way of telling what version is installed in my PC?

Is there a keyboard shortcut for the APU controls?  How are you and other simmers quickly access the APU controls.

Hardware: i7-8700k, GTX 1070-ti, 32GB ram, NVMe/SSD drives with lots of free space.
Software: latest Windows 10 Pro, P3Dv4.5+, FSX Steam, and lots of addons (100+ mostly Orbx stuff).

Pilotfly.gif?raw=1

1 hour ago, oneleg said:

I can't find it in Programs and Features.

That's very strange, hard to understand why Programs and Features would not show an install. In any case, is there a reason you don't want to just run (or maybe rerun) the v2.0b installer?  Seems to me that would clear up what version is installed. I don't recall what the major changes were between versions 1.8c and 2.0b. BTW, there is a Lights Package update available here: https://flysimware.com/website2019/flysimwares-falcon-50/

1 hour ago, oneleg said:

Is there a keyboard shortcut for the APU controls?  How are you and other simmers quickly access the APU controls.

No, there are no shortcuts for the APU that I'm aware of.  I just click on the appropriate APU buttons as outlined in the FSW Falcon50 manual if I want to use the APU (I rarely use the APU, however). You can click on a seat armrest to raise it which helps seeing the APU buttons.

Al

Edited by ark

1 hour ago, ark said:

That's very strange, hard to understand why Programs and Features would not show an install. In any case, is there a reason you don't want to just run (or maybe rerun) the v2.0b installer?  Seems to me that would clear up what version is installed. I don't recall what the major changes were between versions 1.8c and 2.0b. BTW, there is a Lights Package update available here: https://flysimware.com/website2019/flysimwares-falcon-50/

No, there are no shortcuts for the APU that I'm aware of.  I just click on the appropriate APU buttons as outlined in the FSW Falcon50 manual if I want to use the APU (I rarely use the APU, however). You can click on a seat armrest to raise it which helps seeing the APU buttons.

Al

Main reason for not simply upgrading being my recent reminder about upgrading something that's not broken (looking at you WX Advantage Radar). Not that I won't upgrade Falcon 50. I will. Should I uninstall first or will that be unnecessary. Is the Lights Package not included in 2.0b? Thank you.

Pilotfly.gif?raw=1

8 hours ago, oneleg said:

Main reason for not simply upgrading being my recent reminder about upgrading something that's not broken (looking at you WX Advantage Radar). Not that I won't upgrade Falcon 50. I will. Should I uninstall first or will that be unnecessary. Is the Lights Package not included in 2.0b? Thank you.

The Advantage WX radar working depends on the version of P3D, and  is not dependent on the version of the Falcon50. So if you have a working WX radar in P3Dv4.5, you should be fine as far as the WX radar is concerned.

I usually uninstall old a/c versions using Programs and Features in the Win10 Control Panel, but you don't have a Falcon50 entry there for some reason. Perhaps you have some other way to uninstall the Falcon. If not, than I would just try reinstalling v2.0b on top of the old install.  Hopefully the new install will show up in Programs and Features, and if necessary you could install that, and then reinstall, but UI doubt that will be necessary.

I don't think the Lights update is in v2.0b. If the landing light seems to bright, even during the day (lights up building from far away, etc.) then you need the light update. You can simply check after the install.

Al