Sign in to follow this  
aznricepuff

Initial release of G3000 Enhanced mod

I'm pleased to announce the initial release of the G3000 mod I've been working on for the past week. You can download the release here at Github.

The mod adds some new features to the in-game G3000 to bring it (a little) closer to the real-life version. It also fixes some bugs with the vanilla version. At present, the mod only works with the TBM 930. The Citation Longitude is not supported yet, but will likely be at some point in the future...

Disclaimer: I'm not a pilot and have never even been within visual distance of a TBM. I use pilot reference manuals of the G3000 to guide development of the mod. There are definitely things in the mod that don't work exactly like they do in the real G3000: some are deliberate due to limitations of the underlying sim, and others I probably don't know about because anything that isn't explicitly spelled out in the manual I had to take my best guess at. I welcome any feedback either in this thread or on Github.

You can find some release highlights below. Full notes can be found at the Github page.

Release Highlights:

• You can now adjust screen brightness with the touchscreen controller. No more burned out eyes during night flights!
  • Many new features have been added to the navigational map (NavMap):
    • Change map orientation between Heading Up, Track Up, and North Up.
    • Maximum map range increased to 1000 NM.
    • Improved customization options for the display of map symbols (airspaces, airports, VORs, etc): toggle visibility and set maximum ranges for individual categories or use the DCLTR function to quickly clean up the map.
    • You can now sync map settings between the main navigational map (on the MFD) and the PFD inset maps.
  • There is now a weather overlay (NEXRAD style) for the PFD inset map.
  • The Audio/Radio page will now display ident codes for NAV1/NAV2 when tuned to the correct frequency.
  • Fixes for vanilla bugs:
    • MFD wind display now has the arrow pointing in the right direction.
  • -tbm version only: Made it so that the backlighting of the standby altimeter and airspeed indicator is controlled by the overhead Panel Lighting knob. This makes it so that every bit of lighting inside the TBM cockpit is adjustable (screens and associated buttons/knobs with G3000 digital control and everything else with the panel lighting knob).
  • Like 13
  • Upvote 5

fantastic, the amount of creativity this simulator is generating. thanks a lot!

AMD 7800X3D, Windows 11, Gigabyte X670 AORUS Elite AX Motherboard, 64GB DDR5 G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO RGB (AMD Expo), RTX 4090,  Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 2 TB PCIe 4.0, Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 1 TB PCIe 4.0, 4K resolution 50" TV @60Hz, HP Reverb G2 VR headset @ 90 Hz, Honeycomb Aeronautical Bravo Throttle Quadrant, be quiet 1000W PSU, Noctua NH-U12S chromax.black air cooler.

60-130 fps. no CPU overclocking.

very nice.

thank you very much ...

Image removed as image is no longer available.

2 minutes ago, roland said:

Thanks a million.

Will the tbm version harm the King Air's G3000?

No; the King Air uses the G3x, which has a different code base. You can even use the -std package and it won't break the King Air.

4 minutes ago, Flyfaster said:

So it breaks the Longitude or that will still function as it has?

The -std version will break the Longitude. The -tbm version will not (it just won't add anything to it).

• Like 1

thx for this!!!

Could you @aznricepuff explain how I could change brightness? I do not find it ...😵

Guenter Steiner
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Betatester for: A2A, LORBY, FSR-Pillow Tester
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This looks great! Thank you - I’m going to try this later on.

were you aware of someone else also working on the G3000? They haven’t made any functional changes yet but seem to have re-skinned the touchscreen interface to be more realistic. Not sure if a collaboration would be interesting to either of you?

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/improved-tbm-930-touchscreen-controls/278409

Have to test this out.

wish there was a way to have the G3000 map screen divided in two and added the chart visible for the approach etc.

Now there is basically zero things you can do in the screens on the vanilla version.

1 hour ago, guenseli said:

thx for this!!!

Could you @aznricepuff explain how I could change brightness? I do not find it ...😵

On the touchscreen select MFD/AIRCRAFT SYSTEMS/LIGHTING CONFIG. There you will find the Master slider

• Like 1

David Webster

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR4 3600Mhz | EVGA RTX 3080 Ti @ 3440X1440 | Crucial 2TB M.2 | Win11

Thank you very much @aznricepuff for this mod. Exactly what I had been hoping somebody would come up with.

As @Redge indicated above, it would be great to have this mod combined with the touchscreen mod if possible.

Edited by Barnes

David Webster

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR4 3600Mhz | EVGA RTX 3080 Ti @ 3440X1440 | Crucial 2TB M.2 | Win11

14 minutes ago, Barnes said:

On the touchscreen select MFD/AIRCRAFT SYSTEMS/LIGHTING CONFIG. There you will find the Master slider

thx!!!

Guenter Steiner

Betatester for: A2A, LORBY, FSR-Pillow Tester

if only we can combine this great mod with working title upcoming g3000 mod to be able to switch synthetic vision and altimeter units🤤