Sign in to follow this  
John Fields

Addons and MSFS loading time

With the proliferation of addons (especially the free ones) the Community folder keeps getting bigger and bigger and the loading time of Flight Simulator keeps getting longer and longer.
Also, there is no way to organize the addons in subfolders (as then the MSFS would not recognize them). The result is a very long and disorganized list of addons.
Besides, from the program itself there is no way to activate and deactivate the addons (as can be done with FSX or Prepar3D).
Anyone know if there is any solution to this issue?

Edited by John Fields
  • Like 1

Someone has created an app that lets you select and deselect Addons that you want for each flight. You start the app before starting MSFS and select/deselect Addons using check boxes. The Addons are organised into types, countries etc. sorry I don’t have the link but it was either on flightsim.to or nexusmods.

• Like 1

GregH

Intel Core i7 14700K / Palit RTX4070Ti Super OC / Corsair 32GB DDR5 6000 MHz / MSI Z790 M/board / Corsair NVMe 9500 read, 8500 write / Corsair PSU1200W / CH Products Yoke, Pedals & Quad; Airbus Side Stick, Airbus Quadrant / TrackIR, 32” 4K 144hz 1ms Monitor

Yes, that’s the one I was referring to.

GregH

Intel Core i7 14700K / Palit RTX4070Ti Super OC / Corsair 32GB DDR5 6000 MHz / MSI Z790 M/board / Corsair NVMe 9500 read, 8500 write / Corsair PSU1200W / CH Products Yoke, Pedals & Quad; Airbus Side Stick, Airbus Quadrant / TrackIR, 32” 4K 144hz 1ms Monitor

A simple approach I use is to apply a standardised naming convention. Regardless of the add-on folder name, I make sure they reflect what each does:

airport-[add-on folder name]
liveries-[add-on folder name]
scenery-[add-on folder name]

This won't affect loading times etc., but it helps to keep things tidy.

Adam.

• Like 1

NZFSIM_Signature_257_60.png

Follow these instructions on the above link :

" Download the latest version ZIP file from the Releases page. No installation is required. Simply unzip the content of the ZIP file into the MSFS “Package” folder.

The program consists of 3 components:

• MsfsModSelector.jar: the program file.
  • mods.txt: a text file containing information about all the mods managed by the Mod selector.
  • config.properties: a text file containing all configurations for the Mod selector."

The jar file is the  program, it is not an .exe,

You need java. If no window open, this means you have to configure the mod.
Open a terminal as explained, launch the .jar file, follow the comments to solve your config !

Hi,

It works like a dream!

This free program, PM (peeyem), allows you to have all the mods you want in a different drive and you can activate o deactivate the mod (aircraft, scenery o airport) between sessions.

https://flightsim.to/file/1226/peeyem

It's fantastic!

Give it a try!

Well, I was wrong, partially.

You can have the mods on another drive (warehouse), but if you activate them they move to Community.

But it is a great app.