Sign in to follow this  
leprechaunlive

Bush flying adventures...in France?

Hey guys. So maybe you know, maybe you dont, but over here in France we have got what we call "altisurface", wich are basically remote challenging airstrip, just like in the Idaho backcountry, or even Alaska. They are pretty well represented in MSFS, most of them are in there, althought pretty crude (as some should be). But a wonderful guy is starting to edit them, bring a bit more life into them, and its amazing fun, accessible from all the big hubs in the Alps, so take a break from your world tour, your Japan tour, or your charter flights, and hop in a Cub (some can welcome nearly all light GA aircraft up to the bonanza) and have fun shooting approaches! Here i am in Valberg, enjoying the tiny bit of sunny weather after whats basically been hell on earth, huge floodings, landslide for the past few days.

2020-10-04-15-06-13-Greenshot.png2020-10-04-15-07-56-Greenshot.png2020-10-04-15-08-59-Greenshot.png2020-10-04-15-11-58-Greenshot.png2020-10-04-15-12-59-Greenshot.png

Heres the link to find these beauties

https://flightsim.to/discover?s=altisurface

And here are the info and MUST KNOW before aptemting those (in french sadly)

VALBERG https://basulm.ffplum.fr/PDF/LF0654.pdf 

Edited by leprechaunlive
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Altisurface - the less civilised versions of Altiports I presume? I have a couple of those for FSSX, notably Courchevel :cool:

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

4 minutes ago, HighBypass said:

Altisurface - the less civilised versions of Altiports I presume? I have a couple of those for FSSX, notably Courchevel :cool:

Yes, altiports are usually surfaced runways, mainly to get to skying resorts. Altisurface is basically off airport landing, sometimes if theres a farm nearby you might get lucky and find that the farmer actually used a mower prior to your arrival, but usually, its your prop thats used as a mower 😄

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, leprechaunlive said:

Yes, altiports are usually surfaced runways, mainly to get to skying resorts. Altisurface is basically off airport landing, sometimes if theres a farm nearby you might get lucky and find that the farmer actually used a mower prior to your arrival, but usually, its your prop thats used as a mower 😄

I don't know why but that just made me crack up lol I just imagine a farmer just finishing mowing a field and a plane comes up and lands behind them