Sign in to follow this  
Ken Hall

P3Dv5 crashing when loading flight plans!

P3Dv5 in conjuction with Little Nav Map ~~~

After creating/saving a new PLN for P3D5 - start P3D - go to Navigation\flight planner - select the saved PLN - 'Load' ~~~ an error window with options to close or wait until fixed - wait for 'fix' (takes from 2 to 6 minutes!) a very large blocky/pixelated partial map appears - after a further few minutes the PLN appears as expected and can be used! However, sometimes the system just crashes while waiting for the 'fix' to work

So far I have uninstalled the P3Dv5 Client and downloaded/installed a 'fresh' Client ~~~ no difference - same issues!

This is a 'new' phenomenon for me! I did install some new Orbx airports a few days ago - the issue started after that. However, I have also uninstalled these airports and have the same problem when creating plans with P3D default airports...

Creating a flight plan within P3D5 gives exactly the same delays, blocky pixels etc, etc!

Anybody care to comment and/or advise?

Old enough to know better...
...young enough to do most of it again!

System: Chillblast (Matt Davies designed) Intel i5-6600 Sklylake CPU O/C to 4.4 GHz; Liquid Cooled; Asus Z170 PRO GAMING MoBo; MSI GeForce GTX 1660Ti 6Gb; 16Gb Corsair Crucial DDR4 RAM; SSD plus SSHD drives; Windows-10.
GF MCP-Pro and EFIS + 8 other GF Modules, Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo units, Saitek Pedals, Iiyama 19" x 2, 40" smart TV.

I am having the same issue.  I found the workaround there:

https://orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/200134-vector-crashes-p3dv5/

Sim: Prepar3D 5.2 (main) and Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020), CH Eclipse Yoke, Thrustmaster Airbus TCA Side Stick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals, Saitek Cessna trim wheel, TrackIR 5, SPAD.neXt running 3 Saitek Logitech panels, ButtKicker Gamer 2, Razer Naga Chroma gaming mouse

System: Intel i5-10600K CPU @ 4.10 GHz, Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 Ti, 64GB DDR4 RAM @ 4200 MHz, ASRock Z490M Pro4, 2TB Intel NVMe SSD 660p, 3 monitors

Ahh, so that’s why the flight planner takes ages to load sometimes. I had put it down to using navigraph data! Mine does not crash the though, only once or twice has it crashed, out of hundreds of flights. 

AMD Ryzen 5900X - Asus Crosshair VI Hero - G.Skill 32GB (2x16GB) 3000 C14 DDR4 @ 3600 14-14-15-14-28-42

AMD Red Devil Radeon 6900XT  2700/2112 1125mv - 3 x Iiyama G-Master GB2888UHSU 4k @ 11560x2160

Saitek X-55 Rhino - Track IR5 - Obutto Sim Cockpit + Triple Monitor Stand - Fancy some Techno? https://www.mixcloud.com/dj_bully/