Sign in to follow this  
Bad_T

Another tool to organize your MSFS addons easily

kaosphere : i tried your suggestion with the size and hash only if the size matches, seems to work very well and fast, so i'll do that and it will show some text message instead of that not so useful placeholder image. Thank you for the idea. Now those icons visible when there's no image are also starting to bother me a bit, bah for the next version i won't change that (need to resist), i have already made quite a few changes and the risk of me breaking something is already getting bigger 🙃🙂🙃

andy : thank you very much for your nice comment, yeah hopefully this is only a temporary solution and sooner or later the sim will allow some kind of proper addons management. Thanks also for thinking about a donation really appreciated, but don't worry about that, it's my pleasure to do it without any kind of money involved, reading nice comments like yours is already more than enough.

Edited by Bad_T
  • Like 1

hello cercata, yes that sounds like a good idea, will probably not be in the next version that should be hopefully released this weekend, but, for the next one, i'll really try to add that. 👍

Edited by Bad_T
  • Like 2

No rush, I'll need this only when I have many many GB of addons ... I was just thinking ahead 

Thanks so much 🙂

• Like 1

just for info, if someone is interested, the latest version has been uploaded to flightsim.to and it includes some of the requests that were made in this thread 😎

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

51 minutes ago, Bad_T said:

just for info, if someone is interested, the latest version has been uploaded to flightsim.to and it includes some of the requests that were made in this thread 😎

Thank-you sir! Very interested.

• Like 1

David Webster

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR4 3600Mhz | EVGA RTX 3080 Ti @ 3440X1440 | Crucial 2TB M.2 | Win11

Thank you Bad_T. This tool is very efficient for mods management.

Just a remark: Regarding the access to the folder corresponding to the mod pointed in the list, an aceess via a right-click menu would be far better than the action to go to the list header and click on the foilder icon (maybe the two would be implemented to offer a choice to the user)

Thanks.

Edited by patrice_bambou
  • Like 1

Patrice Dubois

Hi Bad_T,

thanks for your latest work, the tool will become better and better!

A short question: I tried the function-button of simstarting and I underlayed the path for its starting in the config-option: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.9.5.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\FlightSimulator.exe. But if I try to start the sim I am told that the path is incorrect. Maybe I put in something wrong; I guess we all have the same path?

Kai

Edited by Kai-Uwe Wei

Mainboard: ASUS ROG STRIX z370-H Gaming, CPU: CoffeeLake I7 8700K @ 5,2Ghz
Gainward CardExpert RTX 2080Ti, Monitor: LG ULTRAWIDE(38UC99) 3840*1600

32 GB RAM DDR4 3200 GSkill, Intel OptaneMemory 32GB
Windows 10 pro, MSFS and P3Dv5.1

hello Kai,

wow you won't believe this, i just loaded this page and was about to ask if someone could get the 'auto launch' working when using the store version or the DVD version. I have steam version so i can not test.

I probably have to adapt the code to run automatically the store version but since i can't reproduce i don't exactly know how to do it.

What you have written above is what is inside your shortcut i guess ? It also seems that this will change with every version because the version number is in the folder.

i will investigate a bit more, hopefully i'll find something.

**edit** : can you, or someone else, maybe try to put this in the options screen if you have the store version : shell:AppsFolder\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe!App

Edited by Bad_T

On 10/17/2020 at 5:57 PM, patrice_bambou said:

Just a remark: Regarding the access to the folder corresponding to the mod pointed in the list, an aceess via a right-click menu would be far better than the action to go to the list header and click on the foilder icon (maybe the two would be implemented to offer a choice to the user)

I missed your edit so i did not reply to your suggestion sorry, yes i can add that in the 'right-click' menu, no prob. It's also available directly in the column 'view folder'. By clicking on the 'open' link which will open the folder (even faster than right click menu). But i will certainly add it to the right click menu too.

Qw1iC5y.png

Edited by Bad_T

Hi Bad_T,

the shell syntax works perfectly, thanks a lot!

Kai

• Like 1

Mainboard: ASUS ROG STRIX z370-H Gaming, CPU: CoffeeLake I7 8700K @ 5,2Ghz
Gainward CardExpert RTX 2080Ti, Monitor: LG ULTRAWIDE(38UC99) 3840*1600

32 GB RAM DDR4 3200 GSkill, Intel OptaneMemory 32GB
Windows 10 pro, MSFS and P3Dv5.1

I can also confirm that the shell command works...however, I use the Fast Launch feature to launch MSFS and can't figure out a way to access it in your app....any ideas?

Garry

• Like 1

Garry Lundberg

I just tried the latest version you have on flightsim.to;   am I imagining things, or is performance when (de)activating a large number of mods at the same time dramatically improved?

If so, nicely done!

• Like 1

TheJAG / flytriman : thanks for the info and feedback, flytriman i need to check for the 'fastlaunch', wasnt aware of that option until yesterday and i have steam version so it's a bit different.

kaosfere : yes i did some changes to improve performance, in the first version some 'refresh' were a bit chaotic 🙃

Edited by Bad_T
  • Like 1