Sign in to follow this  
peppy197

Updated: Stutter Cure!

lo,lo,loo,look, this isn't ver,ver,very,very f,f,f,f,f,fun,fun,funny,funny!I ca,ca,ca,can,can't spell ssssssssssstutter. LOL :-)

Dave Taylor gb.png

Guest Leafhopper

As some may remember, this is basically the same cure I used for stutters in FS2K2 now updated for FSX. Warning! Do this at your own risk!Edit: For a better pic: www.sheridangraphics.com/test/stutters06.htm

Guest Tingoose

Bloody ####, I forgot about the philangey. Up FS98. M$FSuX is cr*p and so say all of me.:-hah

Guest saudi_777

Hi Dave,If I don't have duct tape, then is it alright to use scotch tape? :-hahAlso, how could you forget the WD-40, man? :-lol :-lolRegards,

Guest Tingoose

Dave, the Edinburgh masker sits in your ear and adds noticeably to immersiveness. . . . watch it, you'll be a happy eater. . . sorry, I mean happy shimmer....simmer. There got it out at last. M$FSducttapeX rules!!

Guest Leafhopper

Okay, I see, the Edinberg Masker is an ear-addon! Well, I think the compressor mounted under the chair (which adds much to the physical pleasure of simming, by the way) will cause the Masker to become dislodged, at least that's what keeps happening to my philange!

Guest rmce

Leafhopper,It is indeed a braw thing that FS intellects are still aroond the toon.The Galsgow Masker is a tad easier.Scotch Tape, Buckast Tonic Wine flaggon, stick round ears with flaggon opening in drinking orfice, and gurgle.I assure you that all stutters stop. (as does life as we know it Jim)Just as in the European Rennaisence, it needs us Scots to bring the thinking process to the fore.WE were/are the bringers of enlightement!Reagards,RonMacGlesga

Guest Leafhopper

"Buckast Tonic Wine flaggon" I understand the flaggon part (especially after last night) but what on earth is Tonic Wine? Sounds interesting though...hmmmm!

Guest rmce

It is the drink of choice among the Glasgow Intelligensia.It is made by Monks, at Buckfast Abby Devon, and has been for many years, as a restorative tonic of medicinal qualities.However, those with need of medicinal help such as finding a brain to use, discovered that drinking it copiously and quickly, gives a headrush called ZOMBIED, in ultra quick time!The cynical peoples of Glasgow, may suggst that its impossible to tell the difference between NORMAL and ZOMBIED, as need of brain is paramount to both states.However, suggestions are afoot that major surgery could be carried out while under the influence, negating expensive aneasthetics.Proof at weekends is ample for this conjecture, as they attempt to remove each others ears, arms, or anything in knife fights and such.It is a true fact that 98% of the Worlds Buckfast or Buckie as locally known, is bought and consummed within 40 miles radius of Glasgow, including Edinburgh.See us?Pure Class man!

Guest Tingoose

I live not so far from Buckfast Abbey in dear ole Devon though that G7SUL lives even closer. I can confirm that highly he and I conducted some highly intellectual tests with the Edinburgh masker and duct tape which demonstrated a clear correlation betwen Buckfast tonic wine and dissolving duct tape. The Masker was unaffected by the corrosive effects of the wine unlike the stomach linings of the average Glaswegian string vested, follically challenged overweight male:-hah. Incidentally what stutter rate do you get at Glasgow airport in FS98 compared with FSUX? In my ducted airbus fannypit and edinburgh masker, I get 2.5FPS with autogen and wild animals on max and it's very smooth. The wild animals look great charging through the Glasgow streets and their flight models are very realistic. (Anyone willing to do an Indian elephant repaint?). . so I'm a happy simper,....sorry. . simmer!

Guest rmce

> of the average Glaswegian>string vested, follically challenged overweight male:-hah. I object Devonian sir!I do not own a string vest!The rest I do admit to. >>Incidentally what stutter rate do you get at Glasgow airport>in FS98 compared with FSUX? In my ducted airbus fannypit and>edinburgh masker, I get 2.5FPS with autogen and wild animals>on max and it's very smooth. >The wild animals look great charging through the Glasgow>streets and their flight models are very realistic. (Anyone>willing to do an Indian elephant repaint?). . so I'm a happy>simper,....sorry. . simmer!I have reasonable rates in FsFx, as I did in Fs9. I do not have wild charging elephants yet, I need the Laphroig (such a gentle malt)to illicit such shenannigans. Of course I could follow the Buckie cocktail which involves wacky baccy mixed with speed, Buckie to be gulped, with one or two Jellies (Temazepan) and a great night is guarenteed at local casualty as you take off at EGPF without an airy plane. Who needs one!I have realised with FsFx NOT to limit my frame rate, I had it at 15, but letting sim find its best..it actually does very well. Well within Saitek EVO handling on ground of say 737 taxi and take off.Like all, 7 major airports have issues with me and my paltry P2.4, but I have a solution!I avoid them, just another 2 million or so to fly to. Xmas will bring a dual core upgraded super dooper machine.regards from sunny, stormy, snow to come, Glasgow,

Guest Leafhopper

"Like all, 7 major airports have issues with me and my paltry P2.4, but I have a solution!I avoid them,"That's IT! Of course....follow the path of least resistance! Don't land at major airports...land close to them...but not too close! I adjusted the AI to do this and it is fun to fly at 2000 ft agl and watch the animated traffic as emergency vehicles respond to planes landing in people's yards and on feeder streets! The traffic jams at dusk are just amazing. Thanks for the tip! This should be "sticky"

Guest Leafhopper

Drink Scotch, tape with duct! That's my motto!