Sign in to follow this  
Holger

My world landclass-opinion

Guest saudi_777

Hi Geoff,Glad you asked. I just bought it three days ago, and I'll try it out tonight and tell you the results tomorrow.Regards,

>Hi Geoff,>>Glad you asked. I just bought it three days ago, and I'll try>it out tonight and tell you the results tomorrow.>>Regards,Did you try out MYWORLD LANDCLASS X?

Guest Fjorko

HiSee two comparison shots i took. I use Myworld for FSX and this was taken just outside Miami. I'm not familiar with the area, so couldn't tell you which is more accurate:First : default FSX Landclasshttp://img466.imageshack.us/img466/2286/ext5.jpgSecond : Myworld Landclass Xhttp://img485.imageshack.us/img485/4392/dch3.jpgAnd here is another one from Myworld Landclass Xhttp://img390.imageshack.us/img390/6775/gws1.jpgHTH :-)

Guest Vilk

hey, the eyes of the world are upon you :-)i think the big question everybody has is--what does it do to the great american desert?do you think you could find a minute to shoot, say, the mountain flying lesson with and without myworld x? or maybe the area around grand forks from 20,000 feet?many many thanks!

Guest wyoming

Perhaps you could publish that on the sreenies forum...

I bought it and found that it replaced alot of my coastal towns on the Oregon coast with desert textures.. Flying in Yakima WA also resulted in more desert and less city.. I removed the program.

Guest Vilk

great news! my budget is extremely tight... :-)

Hi All,Its' the textures causing the grief, plain and simple. A more accurate landclass will help define a region, but does it help if the textures applied are completly shot? Understand I am not talking about the city & rural tiles, just most of the areas in between.In the picture below I have compared FS9 original textures to FSX, as well as the default Land Classes. As you notice, there is minimal difference in the land class between versions, but look at the textures that were applied to that class in FS9 vs FSX. You can repeat this senario for alot of the others as well. The sad part is we had detailed 256 tiles in FS9, now we have plain 1024 ones. I can not think of any other reason except - rush, rush, rush.http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/160696.jpgI always expect to use add-ons to enhance MSFS, but being forced to oustide source a texture pack that brings default FSX UP TO FS9? One step forwards, two back. Is this fix going to be at our cost?Phil I believe this part is somewhat related to your department yes? Are you happy with the textures, what do you think ?Not wanting to ramble on as I have already renamed half of these as a temp fix, but I don't see how anyones' land class is going to fix this - unless they dont call out the texture sets that are like this. (and there's quite a few ...)Best Regards'Garett