Sign in to follow this  
Guest possum

Microsoft Finally is Listening......RE: Vista Licensing

For those who have not heard, MS is allowing Vista to be now re-installed unlimited times as long as it's removed before the new install...but only one machine per license(that's OK though)! This is basically the XP licensing model. Hopefully this may wind it's way down to FSX for those of us who are hesitant because of the licensing. :-)

Hoping For CAVU --- Chris

Guest BOPrey

That's still not good enough. What if I replace the video card, and a few more ram, and change my fsb speed, will Vista still thinks it is a different machine.

Hmmm. Like FSX, it will no doubt still be easier to use a crack than deal with all the MS hoop-jumping.

Guest possum

Just like XP all you'll have to do is call and they will give you a number I assume. Doesn't sound like a big deal to me.

Spot on nem.However, IIRC the xp pro copies for corporates were the ones that were most widely pirated.MS are between a rock and hard place when it comes to security..CheersJames

Hmmmm, I thought the changes allowed you to move it to new computers (or update your current one) as long as it's uninstalled first.......

StoneC0ld_zps439869f4.png

Declared weather:  FSX: ASN / FS9: ASE

Guest BOPrey

How are you going to uninstall if your screw up the registry?

Guest possum

I was also wondering is there some way for them to know if you uninstalled or do they just trust you?