Sign in to follow this  
raymar

Flight logging broken ?

1 hour ago, Dharma66 said:

I had this for the first time yesterday. It was also the first time I’ve terminated the flight with the aircraft not on a runway, taxiway or recognised parking, but just in a random spot on the airfield. I wonder if that could be relevant?

It could very well be.  I did something similar after landing and roll out at Burbank on 08.  That end of the airport is total hardscape/tarmac and as you know the taxiways, turnoffs, and parking markers are woefully inadequate.  So if that is the case with the logbook then the criteria is way too strict for the airport environments.  Both those and the logbook need to be fixed.  

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

8 minutes ago, CJ1045 said:

My logbook works fine and has perfectly recorded my near complete round the world trip on the A320 and a couple of diversions on ga aircraft. No. Issues at all.

So in the A320 you are likely landing at large well marked airports...

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

Anyone come across a good 3rd party logbook solution?

I like the looks of SimToolKitPro as it offers a nice map representation. 

Anything else?

14 minutes ago, Virtual-Chris said:

Anyone come across a good 3rd party logbook solution?

I like the looks of SimToolKitPro as it offers a nice map representation. 

Anything else?

Is yours bust?

If it ain't - don't go trying to fix it.

20 minutes ago, Will Fly For Cheese said:

Is yours bust?

If it ain't - don't go trying to fix it.

I want a map view. 

On my end, I can confirm a bug with the logbook since the latest patch.

Sometimes flights are not being logged at all (and I've definitely completed them without crash/error/etc)

And the airport ICAO code of the arrival airport is not named correctly in the logbook and is using some random name that is not reflective of the actual airport I arrived at.

i7 8770K @ 4.7Ghz + Corsair H100i GTX  Water Cooler - 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000Mhz - NVidia RTX 2070 XC 8Gb - ACER X34 Predator IPS GSYNC 3440x1440 Monitor - ASUS ROG STRIX Z370H - 2 x Samsung SSD Pro 512Gb  - 1 x Samsung EVO 1Tb - Win 10 Pro 64  21H2 - MSFS

"All in, all the time"

Steve Summers

The Logbook is a good idea but Asobo is a long way from getting it working  properly.  It is not working more than it is working.  Totally unreliable.

did you notice the totals are in seconds? Duh.

When Pigs Fly . Ray Marshall .

My flights being logged are inconsistent, exactly like the OP.

I've noticed that the issue cropped up with the latest patch, as well.

It isn't a major issue but rather a nuisance, as I would like it to be working correctly but it's not affecting the flights themselves.

• Like 1

Alexander Alonso

1 hour ago, raymar said:

did you notice the totals are in seconds? Duh.

I certainly did. I wonder if it was perhaps written that way in the earliest days of design (before even alpha/beta testing) for the devs to check things really quickly in the logbook, so they'd be just doing whatever they were testing (such as flying inverted for 10 seconds) and it would be an easy check to see if it were recording the elapsed time correctly. But then nobody remembered to re-write the code for it to record in days, hours, minutes and seconds!🙄

OS:     Win11 Home; Mobo: Asus TUF Gaming Z690-Plus WiFi D4; CPU: Intel i5-12400 (Alder Lake) 4.4 GHz
RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 64Gb (4x16GB) 3600 MHz; GPU:  MSI Radeon RX 5700XT [8GB] 
SSD:  Corsair Force MP510 (for OS);  2x 1TB & 1x 2TB Sabrent Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0 (one for sim, two for addons)
HDD:  Seagate 3TB (Data); Seagate 1TB (Programs), ASUS TUF Gaming VG32VQ1B Curved 31.5" monitor, 1440p, 38Mbs ethernet 

Fulcrum One Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo throttle, Thrustmaster Airbus TCA sidestick & throttle, Logitech Pro pedals, Xbox wireless gamepad (1st gen)

Out of 3 flights today one logged in.

My Logbook is totally unreliable - Hit or Miss, no logic whatsoever.

Ray

When Pigs Fly . Ray Marshall .

Weird. I’ve only ever had the one minor issue (where the landing was not logged, and it said “vicinity”). My totals are in hours and minutes. 

12 hours ago, fppilot said:

So in the A320 you are likely landing at large well marked airports...

In the A320 yes but not in the GA aircraft I have a fly around in from the various destinations. I have also flown a lot in the Cessna off local grass strips and they are log fine too. The only mods I am running are 320 flybywire and the building height fix.

CJ

Log is broke for me since update but of course I use the old trusted paper Pilot's Flying Log Book since Feb 15, 2002, on my second one. Good luck!!

Intel Core i9-1300K, ASUS TUF Z790-Plus, EVGA 1600 P, Samsung 980 Pro M.2 2280 2TB, Crucial 5200 DDR5 32 GB, MSI  4090, Verjo Aero, Store MSFS 2020.

Yesterday I flew a 3 hour flight and flight logger only recorded 1 hour of it.

Today I flew a one hour flight from engine start to stop and it wasn't logged in at all at logbook.

Stop breaking the sim ASOBO !