Sign in to follow this  
raymar

Flight logging broken ?

For many, including me, the log has been broken since the last patch. All manner of shenanigans going on with it.

• Like 1

Make sure developer mode is not enabled. That w ill fubar logging right off the bat. Even with it off, logging is still hit or miss after the last patch.

James

23 minutes ago, Concorde79 said:

Yesterday I flew a 3 hour flight and flight logger only recorded 1 hour of it.

Today I flew a one hour flight from engine start to stop and it wasn't logged in at all at logbook.

Stop breaking the sim ASOBO !

Mine's always been broken, and useless. 

To be honest it has been broken since day 1 after release for me. Now it's much worse because it doesn't even show the correct airports you've landed at. 

Edited by Jeeeno

3 hours ago, Erv Moore said:

Log is broke for me since update but of course I use the old trusted paper Pilot's Flying Log Book since Feb 15, 2002, on my second one. Good luck!!

I use a bit more up-to-date method and print the pages to half-letter size, punch with a 7-hole punch, and keep in a venerable leather Jepp Airway Manual binder.

image.png.ee7755fc3ee86a31fdc2d07c1032d991.png

Edited by fppilot

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

Definately broke.  My last 5 flights has not logged any landings, and has logged "vicinity" airports as where I landed, not the actual airport I landed at.

working flawless on my side, flew yesterday from FSDT Key West to Miami and today around Australia's east cost from coffs habour up to brisbane with various touch and gos along the coast, all logged as expected. 

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

The pilot profile is 1000% useless.  It'll tell you one thing one day, something totally different the next, none of which will ever be right.

[ This Content Is Restricted To Avsim Premium Members ]

3 hours ago, leprechaunlive said:

Mine's always been broken, and useless. 

Is there a thing such as broken but useful  🙂

Just now, andyjohnston.net said:

The pilot profile is 1000% useless.  It'll tell you one thing one day, something totally different the next, none of which will ever be right.

I am with you, additionally the units of measure are wrong.   

It would be interesting to know for how many people it is not working that have not enabled developer mode and are not using any mods.

Mine continues to work perfectly.

CJ

I have not enabled developer mod and have a vanilla sim.

It used to work perfectly with each flight logging before the latest patch that has broken most of the things in the sim.

My logging works perfectly as long as I taxi to the fuel pumps, set the parking brakes and turn off avionics lights and lean the mix then turn off ignition and then master switches.

If I just land and quit or go to main menu, it does not log flight.

This is in the M20, that and the 182T. The only planes I fly lately. They are now rock solid at least for me.

Currently flying up the coast of South America from Patagonia. Spectacular VFR/MVFR flying this morning.

I love having the whole planet be very realistically rendered, even Patagonia.

Pit.jpg

Com GA Pilot, Retired • MSFS 2020 • Gigabyte 8th gen lga1151 motherboard z2370 hd3, i5 8600 8th gen 4.3ghz, Thermaltake 750w power supply, 4 x 8gb ddr4 dimm, MSI force GTO 1070 8gb ddr5, 4 SSD's • 4K main display with 3 HD displays, one is a touch screen. Often used as 3 1080P NVIDEA surround screens and one HD touchscreen for AirManager

There are already threads on this issue, most recently just yesterday

Could the Mods please merge?.

OS:     Win11 Home; Mobo: Asus TUF Gaming Z690-Plus WiFi D4; CPU: Intel i5-12400 (Alder Lake) 4.4 GHz
RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 64Gb (4x16GB) 3600 MHz; GPU:  MSI Radeon RX 5700XT [8GB] 
SSD:  Corsair Force MP510 (for OS);  2x 1TB & 1x 2TB Sabrent Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0 (one for sim, two for addons)
HDD:  Seagate 3TB (Data); Seagate 1TB (Programs), ASUS TUF Gaming VG32VQ1B Curved 31.5" monitor, 1440p, 38Mbs ethernet 

Fulcrum One Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo throttle, Thrustmaster Airbus TCA sidestick & throttle, Logitech Pro pedals, Xbox wireless gamepad (1st gen)