Sign in to follow this  
Jay R

Vista RC2 and FSX

Guest smarti05

Blimey guys chillI got rc2 from ms on free download and i'm not on msdn or anything just got in quick.#Anyway fsx running fine on rc2 here i assume that when fsx does its dx9 thang its just checking and if you've got a later version it does nothing, thats what usally happens anyway, absolutely no probs with rc2 here whatever its done..

Thank you Scott. This is exactly what I did and it worked, next time I need to RTFM. :)Thank you again Scott for a great a response and the help I was looking for.[hr color=#000000][table border=0" width="98%" id="table1" height="2" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="1][td width=500]Jason[br /]General Aviation Fan[br][/b]

Hey Smarti,All chilled now. :) lolI am glad you got it working well in Vista. After tinkering, as well as Scott gently reminding me there is a readme, thusly named as it is important to read! :) Vista and FSX are working great, I have not tried COD2 again, but will do so to see these few changes impact on things.It is quite possible, FSX on install is only checking for DX versions, I'll be blowing away this install of Vista anyway to test a few other things in Vista so i'll watch closely as to what it does during that period.Hehe, I'll also be testing the FSX limit on activations, so that should be fun to see in action.[hr color=#000000][table border=0" width="98%" id="table1" height="2" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="1][td width=500]Jason[br /]General Aviation Fan[br][/b]

Guest triangle

You know what buddy, I take offence to that remark. How dare>you jump to the conclusion I got this from a torrent link. I>never have and never will have anything to do with piracy.>>For your information I have an MSDN subscription, that I use>for testing and project preperation for my clients.>>Next time be careful what you accuse people off. Man this>ticked me off. :-fumeYou know what buddy, you need to chill out. I was merely repsonding to the general query about where people were *still* getting (note the reference to *still*) RC2 from and I pointed out exactly where they are most likely to be getting it from.I did not 'accuse' you of anything whatsoever and in fact I never even considered the possibility that you had anything other than legit access to RC2. The fact that you somehow managed to read an acusation into my post says lots more about you than it does me.Triangle

Guest triangle

>Speaking on behalf on REGISTERED MSDN UNIVERSAL MEMBERS>EVERYWHERE...I'd say you don't know jack.>>If you don't know the answer to something, keep quiet until>someone comes along who does, it will make going through life>a lot less painful.Same response as previous post .Triangle

Guest triangle

I have read elsewhere that having 2 monitors while running FSX on Vista RC2 causes the flickering/blank screens etc - fix is said to be disabling the second monitor.If anyone has two monitors I'd be interested to hear their experience with this - I have a dual LCD setup on an ATI 1950X and would be pretty bummed if I wasn't able to run FSX on both when Vista goes retail.Triangle

>You know what buddy, I take offence to that remark. How>dare>>you jump to the conclusion I got this from a torrent link. >I>>never have and never will have anything to do with piracy.>>>>For your information I have an MSDN subscription, that I use>>for testing and project preperation for my clients.>>>>Next time be careful what you accuse people off. Man this>>ticked me off. :-fume>>You know what buddy, you need to chill out. I was merely>repsonding to the general query about where people were>*still* getting (note the reference to *still*) RC2 from and I>pointed out exactly where they are most likely to be getting>it from.>>I did not 'accuse' you of anything whatsoever and in fact I>never even considered the possibility that you had anything>other than legit access to RC2. The fact that you somehow>managed to read an acusation into my post says lots more about>you than it does me.>>TriangleMy apologies Triangle, it is terribly difficult to discern from simple text the writers intent, as in this case. I did reply in haste becasue as I saw it at them time you were insinuating I had obtained Vista in such a way.However just to defend my statement of the origin of the software I don't take lightly piracy nor it's consequences.Jason

There are a lot of us with RC-1 that forked over the $$ to get the DVD's that got locked out of RC-2 so please bear with us. Kind of stings when we read that someone just installed RC-2. some people that wern't on the beta 2 or RC-1 download or DVD program wound up getting RC-2 just because they tripped over the MS site at the right time. in reality it sucks for us that followed MS procedures.

Snowfalcon13 KRTS Reno, NV. The Valley of Speed/PMDG Beta Test Team

Windows 10 64 Pro/AMD Ryzen 3700X 8 core 3.5GHZ, ASUS ROG Strix B450-F, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO M2 Cdrive, 1TB SSD D Drive, P3D V4.5/P3D V5 HF2

32 GB  DDR 3200 RAM/Radeon RX 5700XT 8GB

Guest triangle

But on further reflection, I can see how my remark could have been interpreted as it was and I apologise - no offence meant and nothing untoward suggested.Triangle :-)