Sign in to follow this  
Shomron

CS 757 iii v1.6 released

I really enjoy the 757 and I paid the full price. Also, note they keep maintaining it and releasing fixes for it

The 767 however is going to wait for a sale...

Shom

[Win 10 Pro, i7-9700K, MSI 3080Ti, 4K screen, Crucial 2666 16GB, 2 500GB Samsung EVOs 850/860]

[MSFS 2020 running with Fenix A320, PMDG 737, FSS E-175, Aerosoft CRJ]

[P3D v5.3 HF2 running with ifly 737 Max 8, FSLabs A319/320/321, Feelthere E170/175/190/195 v3, PMDG 737 NGXu ,TFDI 717, Aerosoft CRJ Pro, Majestic Dash 8, CS 757 iii, Feelthere ERJ-145, Fly The Maddog X, QW 787, PMDG 777]

4 hours ago, micstatic said:

MSFS like it or not has slowed down P3D purchases.

Bites lip......(Below is a short version of my thoughts on this, hehe)

Will bet my bottom dollar they are working full force to dip their toe into the MSFS ocean (they've been in a wading pool regarding a potential customer base up to this point).

SDK not developed yet to put complex airliners into MSFS you say?   No worries CS says!  All they need to do is re-introduce the famous (or infamous) "block" system of purchasing a full airliner.

I see it going something like this (for those who aren't aware of this most efficient way to sell an airliner, that they've used in the past....when you need cash and not even close to having all the hard stuff done yet....you know, systems, avionics, FMC, etc):

Introduce a beautiful external model into MSFS: (Also known as "the hook")

Block A (pretty exterior)

Blocks B, C, D are just ancillary stuff, sounds, livery installers, maybe the Freighter model....maybe drop an engine variant in there, etc.

Then....when the MSFS SDK is finally done to the point were airliners can be coded... actually some years after that code all that stuff...

Block F (Hard stuff, FMC, Avionics, etc)

The time frame will vary of course....but CS will already have "hooked" new, unsuspecting simmers into the "Block" system...so they will be in it for the long haul...however long they decide to take after the full SDK release.

In FS2004, even without the SDK restriction, it took several years to get that carrot on a stick (Block F)

By then, QW, PSS, had already released their 757s...but CS users were locked into their 757, waiting to that elusive Block F.

Heck, even LevelD announced a 757 during that time, I'm still waiting on that. 😞 

Joking about the past aside....will be interesting to see how CS reacts to this huge potential customer base, desperately waiting for a 3rd party airliner.  Actually surprised they updated the 757 (no PBR though?  That is their bread-n-butter, great external models?)

• Like 2

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

I was surprised they didn't do PBR for the 757 also.  Like you Steve, I've viewed CS as a developer that values exterior more than anything else.  It didn't make sense.  I bought the 767.  Flew it at first but not much lately.  I've always said I would consider the 757.  But no chance I would pay $75 for it. 

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

1 hour ago, micstatic said:

But no chance I would pay $75 for it.

You mean $75.70! (That was such a cute marketing ploy...."marked down from $99.99" )🤣  I almost bought it just for that! (not really)

Sad that the 767 wasn't marked down from $134.99 to $99.76 (real price) to $76.70....would have at least followed their cute marketing ploy.  I guess the 767 is way more complex than the 757...,.took a LOT of modeling chops to stretch the 757 cockpit dimensions to fit in the 767...some clever coding there. 😉  I can see why they had to charge $99.99 for it (with one engine, that is not the most popular variant...even still, why are we paying for engines again?)...sigh...not getting started....I PROMISE! 🙏

Kudos to CS for updating one of their the "old" sim platform products....let's hope they continue. 🤞

Edited by Steve Dra
egregious price mistake fixed...I typed $75.50 by accident
  • Like 1

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

How is the performance on this in P3D now?

Eric 

They freakin' "hid" 1.7 update in the hotfix 1.6 thread.  GRRRrrr.

Aaron Ortega

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D 3.4 GHz 8-Core Processor, Asus TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI) ATX AM4 Motherboard, Samsung 980 Pro 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive, SAMSUNG 870 QVO SATA III SSD 4TB, Asus TUF GAMING GeForce RTX 3090 24 GB Video Card, ASUS ROG STRIX 850G 850W Gold Power Supply, Windows 10 x64 Home

@Dreamflight767, I think they know how much it bothers you.  😀

Seriously, they could do a better job telling their users every time there's a patch or a new version.  I'm sure they think that those patches in the forum are like beta patches where they want to see if the hard core forum dwellers can test the patches, but announcing a version release should be done separate from the forum.  

Glad they're listening and responding.  They could've said they're not doing anything else on these birds because they're focused on the most recent simulator, but they're still patching their P3D products.  Thank you CaptainSim.  

• Like 1

dv

Win 10 Pro || i7-8700K ||  32GB || ASUS Z370-P MB || NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11Gb || 2 960 PRO 1TB, 840 EVO

My Files in the AVSIM Library

3 hours ago, Dreamflight767 said:

They freakin' "hid" 1.7 update in the hotfix 1.6 thread.  GRRRrrr.

It essentially is a 1.6 hotfix, I don't know why they name it 1.7 in the first place then....(glancing at my browser....

It's CS, what you expect, when I bought the 757, they gives me a 1.500 installer even when I can only find information on 1.4 both on "SOP" and their forums.....

Huge improve on VNAV though, kudos on that.

I'm also waiting a sell on 767.... 76.7 I might consider, but my expectation for 300ER with PW only would around 50...

I am unable to use VNAV 1.7.  Same on-going issues.  Excessive speed, excessive rate of descent, TOD keeps jumping between two locations 85NM apart, and throttle keeps rapidly increasing and decreasing. 

I posted pics in the 757 forums.

Aaron Ortega

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D 3.4 GHz 8-Core Processor, Asus TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI) ATX AM4 Motherboard, Samsung 980 Pro 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive, SAMSUNG 870 QVO SATA III SSD 4TB, Asus TUF GAMING GeForce RTX 3090 24 GB Video Card, ASUS ROG STRIX 850G 850W Gold Power Supply, Windows 10 x64 Home