Sign in to follow this  
Richard Sennett

REX Weather Force update released

Simple Rex puts in weather where it should be but its not transition like the default weather sunny skies than boom weather pop up all of a sudden very annoying to me. I have dealt with that in FSX way too long.

Edited by jbdbow1970
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, jbdbow1970 said:

Simple Rex puts in weather where it should be but its not transition like the default weather sunny skies than boom weather pop up all of a sudden very annoying to me. I have dealt with that in FSX way too long.

I thought that REX WF offered smooth transitioning between stations. There's actually a setting in the Ap.

One last question that anyone who own the add-on should be able to answer, does REX WF fix the lightning bug with some OC or a few clouds?

Thanks.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

32 minutes ago, DJJose said:

Can you please explain this post? Tank you.

Rex injects different weather scenarios within a given time frame (meaning in the space of an hour I went from clear skies (correct), to overcast (hopelessly wrong) to partial clouds (not quite) back to clear skies. It's been clear skies where I am all day long. Online METARs agree with me (however nearest METAR does not report sky conditions, thus it appears to be the peculiar way in which Rex interprets partial METARs). 

I have not seen lightning with Rex (yet), have seen it post update with FS Live Weather (where it did not occur at the time). 

Am I happy with Rex. No. Not at all (but have fingers crossed hoping they can sort the snags out). 

54 minutes ago, jbdbow1970 said:

pop up all of a sudden

Good to know, I was thinking of purchasing it, the pop up issue is a deal breaker for me.

Edited by CarlosF
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Windows 11 | Asus Z690-P D4 | i7 12700KF 5.2GHz | 32GB G.Skill (XMP II) | EVGA 3060Ti FTW Ultra | TrackIr v5 | Honeycomb Alfa + Bravo

19 minutes ago, CarlosF said:

Good to know, I was thinking of purchasing it, the pop up issue is a deal breaker for me.

The pop up is only at the beginning of the setup. After that you have smoothing and automation.

• Like 1

Federico Sucari

5 hours ago, lupedelupe said:

Rex injects different weather scenarios within a given time frame (meaning in the space of an hour I went from clear skies (correct), to overcast (hopelessly wrong) to partial clouds (not quite) back to clear skies. It's been clear skies where I am all day long. Online METARs agree with me (however nearest METAR does not report sky conditions, thus it appears to be the peculiar way in which Rex interprets partial METARs). 

I have not seen lightning with Rex (yet), have seen it post update with FS Live Weather (where it did not occur at the time). 

Am I happy with Rex. No. Not at all (but have fingers crossed hoping they can sort the snags out). 

That's not good. I'll stick with the default "live weather" for now even though there are sill bugs that need to be fixed ASAP.

• Like 3

Very buggy for me, injected once wind and cloud was reasonable but it refused to inject temperature at all now it refuses to work again even after a full reboot of the Sim and the Rex software, it simply says injecting but nothing in the Sim changed

Wayne such

Asus Hero Z690, Galax 3080 TI, I712700K, Kraken x72 CPU Cooled, 64 GIGS Corsair DDR5, 32 Inch 4K 

Honestly this program is still not ready for prime time. Without a proper SDK for the weather, I'm not sure if it will ever be. I'm a bit disappointed.

It almost feels like you're playing roulette with the weather with either this program or the built in live weather. Both have different interpretations of what's going on, but usually both are wrong. At least the built in weather has seamless transitions, though it does have a lightning problem.

12 minutes ago, JasonPC said:

Honestly this program is still not ready for prime time. Without a proper SDK for the weather, I'm not sure if it will ever be. I'm a bit disappointed.

It almost feels like you're playing roulette with the weather with either this program or the built in live weather. Both have different interpretations of what's going on, but usually both are wrong. At least the built in weather has seamless transitions, though it does have a lightning problem.

So i didn't wait long enough the wind did actually set to match the metar and the temp was spot on at sea level but the temperature at altitude is totally wrong in the Sim, at 2500 the metar area temp should have been 12 C but it was 7c and at 5000 it was 0c, very unrealistic temps for Australia at such a low altitude on a hot day, surely that's an SDK issue

Edited by Jetman67

Wayne such

Asus Hero Z690, Galax 3080 TI, I712700K, Kraken x72 CPU Cooled, 64 GIGS Corsair DDR5, 32 Inch 4K 

16 hours ago, fs1 said:

The pop up is only at the beginning of the setup. After that you have smoothing and automation.

Is there finally some video that shows what this smooth transition looks like? REX has been talking about this since the initial release, yet I never saw any smooth transitions so far in user videos.

• Like 1

I'm liking rex and seems to work well except it's not correctly injecting  the temperature in

Wayne such

57 minutes ago, Der Zeitgeist said:

Is there finally some video that shows what this smooth transition looks like? REX has been talking about this since the initial release, yet I never saw any smooth transitions so far in user videos.

+1

3 hours ago, Der Zeitgeist said:

I am not a great image or video taker, I will ask someone of the team to post or send you a link with Weather Force in action.

Federico Sucari

2 hours ago, Jetman67 said:

I'm liking rex and seems to work well except it's not correctly injecting  the temperature in

We are looking into this in next build, for the temp on the ground. Thanks

Federico Sucari