Sign in to follow this  
Richard Sennett

REX Weather Force update released

13 minutes ago, fs1 said:

I don't know if this is x10 times, or x5 times or x20 times. What we can evaluate is to reduce the timers.

As I mentioned we are evaluating to inject at distance as well. Thanks

Good point!

Would be great if you guys could achieve a better distance. The product seams to be performing well excepting that injection! Congrats!

• Upvote 1

Gerald K. - Germany

Core i7 10700 / ASUS ROG Gaming-E / ASUS Strix  RTX 3090 OC / 32 Gb RAM GSKILL.

"Flightstick" = X56 HOTAS RGB Logitech

@fs1 Any comment on cloud cover – as in overcast – when I have clear skies horizon to horizon?

How long does it normally take to respond to a support ticket?

On 10/6/2020 at 5:22 AM, jabloomf1230 said:

Yep, the automatic update is now working directly from the app itself and the installer also works correctly. I really missed this add-on after the MSFS 1.93 update. Today I flew from KBWI to KALB to test out the AI traffic created with AI Flight Planner and the live weather generated by the sim was wrong along the entire route. I think that the problem is that for the temperate zone of the globe, the short term forecasts used by the sim are just too inaccurate.

It's good that two of the major deficiencies in MSFS (AI traffic and weather) are now well on their way to being useful for piloting. Every day I hope for a fix for the autopilot, which really is the next issue that needs to be addressed.

Hi,

Can you provide a link to the AI Traffic Planner I agree this needs to be working for the immersion factor and so far i am relying on the build in traffic which simply isn't doing what it should.

Thanks

1 hour ago, fs1 said:

I won't enter into a debate here on the smooth definition. You expressed your point and I expressed my point.

We can evaluate to decrease the timers, and I am sure you won't notice anything.

We are polishing the smoothing features in next builds, being to able to inject at a distance as well.

I think we missunderstood.

I assume that if the video simulation rate dials back to normal, then it would look great. It seems smooth if zou consider the sim speed in that video seems up to x/Times faster as normal speed. So I like what I see Federico. No debate here.

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

3 minutes ago, mpo910 said:

I think we missunderstood.

I assume that if the video simulation rate dials back to normal, then it would look great. It seems smooth if zou consider the sim speed in that video seems up to x/Times faster as normal speed. So I like what I see Federico. No debate here.

Ok good thanks for the clarification and all is good. Thanks

• Like 1

Federico Sucari

10 minutes ago, lupedelupe said:

@fs1 Any comment on cloud cover – as in overcast – when I have clear skies horizon to horizon?

How long does it normally take to respond to a support ticket?

I will ask @timest to take care of it.

• Like 1

Federico Sucari

3 hours ago, mpo910 said:

I assume that if the video simulation rate dials back to normal

Set the playback speed to .5 and you will see what I mean

Edited by CarlosF

Windows 11 | Asus Z690-P D4 | i7 12700KF 5.2GHz | 32GB G.Skill (XMP II) | EVGA 3060Ti FTW Ultra | TrackIr v5 | Honeycomb Alfa + Bravo

2 hours ago, CarlosF said:

Look at minute 12:35, it shows the sudden depiction of clouds. If it works for you then great, I'll stick to default and wait for a fix.

Thanks for posting, that's "smooth" lol. Default is smooth. To call the REX one Smooth...when we can see a side by side compare.^^ Fs1 replies are as normal. I truly thought that vid was going to show how amazing WF was. Sadly not. 

Edited by Nyxx

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

14 hours ago, Jetman67 said:

So i didn't wait long enough the wind did actually set to match the metar and the temp was spot on at sea level but the temperature at altitude is totally wrong in the Sim, at 2500 the metar area temp should have been 12 C but it was 7c and at 5000 it was 0c, very unrealistic temps for Australia at such a low altitude on a hot day, surely that's an SDK issue

Yeah at altitude I had a reading on -99C once. It did not match the temps aloft that were read in the program.

6 hours ago, fs1 said:

I don't know if this is x10 times, or x5 times or x20 times. What we can evaluate is to reduce the timers.

As I mentioned we are evaluating to inject at distance as well. Thanks

I think it's a good effort considering the lack of functionality in the sdk, I'm sure this will get better and I brought it to support rex

Wayne such

Asus Hero Z690, Galax 3080 TI, I712700K, Kraken x72 CPU Cooled, 64 GIGS Corsair DDR5, 32 Inch 4K 

2 hours ago, JasonPC said:

Yeah at altitude I had a reading on -99C once. It did not match the temps aloft that were read in the program.

Mind you the default is not right either so if rex get the temp injection right I'll be happy, I like their professionalism and know it will get better and better, they come in here and cop a lot of word not allowed and still provide great support

Wayne such

Asus Hero Z690, Galax 3080 TI, I712700K, Kraken x72 CPU Cooled, 64 GIGS Corsair DDR5, 32 Inch 4K 

5 hours ago, Nyxx said:

Thanks for posting, that's "smooth" lol. Default is smooth. To call the REX one Smooth...when we can see a side by side compare.^^ Fs1 replies are as normal. I truly thought that vid was going to show how amazing WF was. Sadly not. 

I don't see the need for REX with the default stuff doing it a lot better 😉 and what they have also for us in store in the nearby future 😉

• Like 3

André

4 hours ago, Jetman67 said:

I think it's a good effort considering the lack of functionality in the sdk, I'm sure this will get better and I brought it to support rex

Thank you Wayne.

Tim Fuchs
Managing Partner
REX SIMULATIONS 

support www.rexaxis.com