Sign in to follow this  
Richard Sennett

REX Weather Force update released

25 minutes ago, lupedelupe said:

@fs1 @timest ? 
I can stand on the table and dance, if that will help to get feedback from you? 

I forwarded your request to Tim. He will get in touch shortly

Edited by fs1

Federico Sucari

1 hour ago, lupedelupe said:

@fs1 @timest ? 
I can stand on the table and dance, if that will help to get feedback from you? 

Our support team is feverishly working through the tickets.  As you can imagine with any new product there are not only support issues, but questions.  We should be caught up today.  We thank you for your patience.

• Like 1

Reed Stough
Managing Partner
REX SIMULATIONS 

supportwww.rexaxis.com

Chewwy is trying to search for live weather, but cant as he needs to disable live weather to search for an airport. He says that's stupid.

The latest version of this and the latest version of MSFS together.....perhaps someone would post their observations. I'm still on the fence with this but I want a weather program that does current, real world weather accurately.

Thanks.

1 hour ago, GodAtum said:

Chewwy is trying to search for live weather, but cant as he needs to disable live weather to search for an airport. He says that's stupid.

Technical update 3 is coming hopefully today or tomorrow that will allow this, along with other additions and fix items.

Tim Fuchs
Managing Partner
REX SIMULATIONS 

support www.rexaxis.com

Still global uniform weather? If yes, I continue to wait...

• Like 2

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

I have downloaded and installed this pack. It is the latest version by now: v2022.01.07 But it doesn’t work since although it says: active/injecting/completed in sequence but doesn’t inject anything in reality (doesn’t change the MSFS simulator weather edition menu items such as millibar,temp,cloud coverage,wind aloft data,etc.) when I press synthesis button. In other words, the sky remains clear whatever location (airport) once chooses. I have also tried the default weather presets of Rex in the software (DWP option) But even that doesn’t work (synthesis). My MSFS version is 1.19.9. It seems that many others are confronting the same problem as observable from the posted comments here or elsewhere. As a consequence, I believe that We must find a resolution on this issue?! I wonder anybody who can help write -in reply- the possible solution specially if has already been tried. Thanks!

Edited by avsim_hamid

On the first page of the manual is a list of 7 Pre Installation instructions that MUST be followed exactly.  Have you confirmed this ?  I have used REX weather many times and have not experienced any of the issues you describe. Sorry for not being further helpful.

Also please be advised that MY version of MSFS is  >> 1.21.18.0 <<<  NOT  1.19.9

Edited by vcarlo
  • Like 1

WAT1460.png

On 12/18/2020 at 1:00 PM, AnkH said:

Still global uniform weather? If yes, I continue to wait...

Have used this product from time to time now for over a year and have never witnessed it injecting anything I would characterize as uniform global weather.  I use REX WF when post SU7 MSFS goes AWOL and am satisfied with the results. True inflight weather is important to me as can be discerned by the info in my message signature.

• Like 2

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

Hope the following info is helpful.  I just purchased the Rex 2020 Weather Force and using it on my MSFS now version 1.21.18.0. Runs quite okay, but noticed that it should be turned off

(close the app) after landing and while taxiing, otherwise the frame rate tumbles to below 10 fps and stutters badly, especially if you switch to drone views. Other than that, the app is left on and the weather gets updated on-route very well. The real weather and wind condition data is very useful as you approach the destination airport.

The build number is 6.0.2022.0107.

1 hour ago, samdilli said:

Hope the following info is helpful.  I just purchased the Rex 2020 Weather Force and using it on my MSFS now version 1.21.18.0. Runs quite okay, but noticed that it should be turned off

(close the app) after landing and while taxiing, otherwise the frame rate tumbles to below 10 fps and stutters badly, especially if you switch to drone views. Other than that, the app is left on and the weather gets updated on-route very well. The real weather and wind condition data is very useful as you approach the destination airport.

The build number is 6.0.2022.0107.

You should report this on REX's Discord server.

5 hours ago, fppilot said:

Have used this product from time to time now for over a year and have never witnessed it injecting anything I would characterize as uniform global weather.  

So, you are telling me now that REX WF is e.g. capable of displaying half of the sky with one weather and half of it with another weather and you can fly between those without visible transition or injections respectively? As we have many times here in CH when a coldfront approaches? And no, I am not talking about the cold front weather preset REX WF offers, talking about live weather... If someone can show me such diverse weather on one sky at the same moment, I am off to buy this product. So far, nobody managed to do this...

• Like 2

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

5 hours ago, AnkH said:

So, you are telling me now that REX WF is e.g. capable of displaying half of the sky with one weather and half of it with another weather and you can fly between those without visible transition or injections respectively?

I believe we are arguing over your use of the word "global".  I can fly in Indiana, USA, and then shortly after, separately fly in Florida, USA, and experience representative weather in both.  So to my use of the word "global" the weather is not the same so the weather is not global. 

And on a totally different note than global, I have with REX WF flown toward and into a weather transition that I could see well ahead as I approached it.  It is not Active Sky 16, but I believe the limitations are due to a skimpy SDK and that is not on REX for responsibility.

5 hours ago, AnkH said:

If someone can show me such diverse weather on one sky at the same moment, I am off to buy this product. So far, nobody managed to do this...

So you have not even used this product ?????  WOW!

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

It would be cool to have something happen that wasn't so immersion breaking when the weather updates - such as an automatic change of view.. maybe look down at the instruments close up, then about 30 seconds later automatically go back to the view we were at.

2 hours ago, KERNEL32 said:

It would be cool to have something happen that wasn't so immersion breaking when the weather updates - such as an automatic change of view.. maybe look down at the instruments close up, then about 30 seconds later automatically go back to the view we were at.

Perhaps each of us when reporting sudden updates would mention what we are flying and where. I am flying strictly GA, mostly the RYTB Bonanza, the Kodiak 100, and the Baron (with mods) at ground speeds between 150 and 225.  Just perhaps it may be speed influenced.

Edited by fppilot

Frank Patton
ASUS