Sign in to follow this  
flyinion

ATC keeps "losing" my clearance?

I know you only have a certain amount of time before clearance is canceled once requested so I usually get the FMC etc all set up in the A320NX project so I'm ready for pushback and taxi before requesting the clearance.  I've noticed a few times now it seems to "lose" my clearance after takeoff though?  It keeps routing me on com freqs but I end up with extra options of "request IFR clearance for instrument FP" and "retry with last IFR <something or other I forgot>".  So I can refile in flight, but now it's lost my planned cruise altitude from the flight planning screen and I have to start asking for altitude increases.  Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong somewhere?  Never had this issue with default ATC in the older MSFS versions.

AMD Ryzen 5950X |  Asus Crosshair VIII Hero | Gigabyte Gaming OC 4090 w/EK waterblock | Full Custom Loop Cooling | GSkill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB DDR4-3600 | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB | Samsung 860 Evo 2TB | Phanteks Enthoo 719 | Seasonic Prime Ultra Gold 1000W | Steelseries M750 TKL | SteelSeries Prime Wireless | Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo | Logitech Pro Flight Pedals | LG 34GN850 | Asus PG279Q | Win 11 Pro

36 minutes ago, devgrp said:

Fly on vatsim, atc is broken or completely useless. 

Well yeah I do want to do vatsim but based on the state of the aircraft in the sim right now and being a total noob to vatsim that just sounds like a recipe for getting banned for totally botching things so bad. 

AMD Ryzen 5950X |  Asus Crosshair VIII Hero | Gigabyte Gaming OC 4090 w/EK waterblock | Full Custom Loop Cooling | GSkill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB DDR4-3600 | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB | Samsung 860 Evo 2TB | Phanteks Enthoo 719 | Seasonic Prime Ultra Gold 1000W | Steelseries M750 TKL | SteelSeries Prime Wireless | Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo | Logitech Pro Flight Pedals | LG 34GN850 | Asus PG279Q | Win 11 Pro

Also find on resuming a flight your transponder is wrong and ends up ATC cancelling your clearance. I have the co-pilot handle the ATC and they usually request clearance again and put the new code in, but I just leave them to it. Sometimes the co-pilot doesn't bother and I just leave ATC off and follow my own plan.

2 hours ago, flyinion said:

Well yeah I do want to do vatsim but based on the state of the aircraft in the sim right now and being a total noob to vatsim that just sounds like a recipe for getting banned for totally botching things so bad. 

You won't get banned unless you do something really stupid like start on the runway and not having comms. But they'll be gentle with you. Just let them know you are new. Park up at a gate at a busy airport and just listen to the frequencies. The most important thing about vatsim is knowing your plane. Can't stress that enough. Good luck