Sign in to follow this  
goof2009

Lost internet connection causes crash

With no internet connection Little Navmap crashes. It occurs after a few minutes, probably at a weather update, and even when in offline mode. It began with the beta.

Windows Application log:

Program: littlenavmap.exe
Module: libstdc++-6.dll
Exception code: 0x40000015
Error offset: 0x0001f9c3

I hope it provide some useful info. The logs are the same every crash.

/Mats

Hi Mats,

can you send me the log of such a crash session per email? Is only the internet connection missing or is also the local network disconnected?
Will check here.

Alex

Email received and plenty of thanks reporting this and the logfile!

I can see this here too. You just have to change the weather address in LNM options to a not existing server and it floods the logbook with messages.
Will fix for next beta.

Oh my. Who on earth programmed this mess! 🤪

Alex

• Like 1

Excellent! Final annoyance for me in LNM gone.

Calling this a mess is as prepostrous as calling MSFS bugfree:) This is definitley the best nav program I've used, and I've tried a few over the years. Beginning with that one with a custom map ingame, was that for FS 2004? can't remember, but it was good too. As a hobby programmer myself I find myself constantly being bitten by bugs left in the code. And one can only blame oneself for not anticipating it. But that's the challenge and fun in it. Getting the job done is just the beginning, it should be beautiful code as well;)

Beautiful it should be too. But it should be better comprehensible. 🙂 Sometimes is quite difficult to find out what I did there a few years ago. Comments are important.

But there are a few code parts in LNM which were written in the beginning. Well ...

Alex