Sign in to follow this  
HiFlyer

VR Update / Beta - Microsoft Flight Simulation 2020

I am using VR exclusively for Warthunder, DCS, X-Plane, P3Dv4/5 and previously Aerofly too. I am having my Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS and my mouse in use. Never use the hand controllers with exceptions of XP . Works perfectly. A good VR headset support is what I want. Thats all.

On 10/7/2020 at 11:25 AM, nickhod said:

Although the glacial pace of Aerofly development is frustrating, I must give them credit that it always just works and performs well.

I agree though that I don't think 90fps is going to be realistic on MSFS VR with a Reverb, or maybe just with a 3080. We'll likely be at 45 with sliders down a little. I'm expecting X-Plane quality VR but nicer visuals overall.

Its a good reason the performance in Aerofly is so good in vr. You have no advanced weather, no water shaders, no ai traffic, no complex aircrafts, no dynamic lighting. And the list goes on. 

5 hours ago, Cyrex1984 said:

Its a good reason the performance in Aerofly is so good in vr. You have no advanced weather, no water shaders, no ai traffic, no complex aircrafts, no dynamic lighting. And the list goes on. 

Hard to tell until it's there. As far as I recall, there are a few testing areas with AI traffic and heavy car traffic and those have zero performance influence, contrary to legacy sims. The slow development of AeroflyFS2 may well be caused by the fact that IPACS will guarantee all new achievements will come without any performance cut.

It's another question if this strategy will pay out in view of even the last users  dropping off to probably never return right now.

Kind regards, Michael

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

In Xplane I've been using a Thrustmaster TWCS and an old Logitech 3d extreme pro, and work the buttons with the Oculus Quest controllers, or sometimes grab the yoke / throttle with them.  I use G25 racing pedals for rudders using the rudder/braking script.

This all works so well for me. If MSFS2020 can pull off the same thing, it will be awesome.

Do you know when beta starts? Im sighned in the 1th day but till now no any news about it.

• Like 1

Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.
Yoyosimsbanner.gif
Win 10 64, i9 9900k, RTX 3090 24Gb, RAM32Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: HP Reverb G2

Would be a good question for the next Q&A in a week, shouldn't they say anything about it in today's nightly update.

Kind regards, Michael

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

On 10/21/2020 at 5:55 AM, dogmanbird said:

In Xplane I've been using a Thrustmaster TWCS and an old Logitech 3d extreme pro, and work the buttons with the Oculus Quest controllers, or sometimes grab the yoke / throttle with them.  I use G25 racing pedals for rudders using the rudder/braking script.

This all works so well for me. If MSFS2020 can pull off the same thing, it will be awesome.

Maybe a dumb question, but why would you ever grab the yoke / throttle with the Quest controllers?  Doesn't it make more sense to just grab the physical throttle and stick right in front of you?

I actually find the mouse way easier to use for buttons/switches in X-Plane and DCS.  My Rift-S controllers rarely get touched while VR driving or flying.  They do get pulled out for the occasional session of Beat Saber though 😉

12 minutes ago, PlumCrazy said:

Maybe a dumb question, but why would you ever grab the yoke / throttle with the Quest controllers? 😉

I used to do that when I did't have a HOTAS in X-Plane. 

For "passenger confort" flying it's good, but for combat, acrobatics, extreme bush flight, you lose a lot of precision.
Now that I have a hotas, event for confort mode, I prefer the hotas.

12 hours ago, YoYo said:

Do you know when beta starts? Im sighned in the 1th day but till now no any news about it.

I don't know, but I would do anything for having it now !!!!

Even kidnapping Austin, force him to play MSFS, record and upload it to youtube !!!!!

13 minutes ago, cercata said:

VR CLOSED BETA

Good news! We are on track with our upcoming VR build and will be sending out emails next week to our first wave of VR testers. As a reminder, Wave 1 is for WMR (Windows Mixed Reality) VR users only and Wave 2 will be for non-WMR users. Stay tuned and we look forward to working with you.

https://www.flightsimulator.com/october-15th-2020-development-update/

I really hope that many of us that we have no WMR headsets but oculus (and preordered a G2), are not left out of the beta with a brand new G2 because the dxdiag showed that we didn´t have a WMR headset. 😕

Cheers

Carlos

NLR Motion Platform V3, Intel Core i9-9900K OC @ 5Ghz, Gigabyte Gaming OC 11GB RTX 2080ti, Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Ultra. Thermaltake Water 3.0 Riing LED RGB 360. Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4 3000 PC4-24000 32GB 4x8GB CL15. Lexar Professional NM700 M.2 2280 PCIe Gen3x4 NVMe 1TB SSD. Toughpower iRGB Plus 80 Plus Platinum 850W Full Modular. Thermaltake View32 TG USB 3.0 RGB. Oculus Rift S. Qled Samsung 65Q7FN.

1 hour ago, chass32 said:

I really hope that many of us that we have no WMR headsets but oculus (and preordered a G2), are not left out of the beta with a brand new G2 because the dxdiag showed that we didn´t have a WMR headset. 😕

When you'll receive the G2, resend the DXDiag ASAP !!!!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, cercata said:

When you'll receive the G2, resend the DXDiag ASAP !!!!

Yep. I´ll have to do it that way. I could burn something down if I have my new G2 at home setting idle so we have to wait another month till we are opt in for the VR Beta 😕

We´ll have to keep checking RoV, haven´t we @cercata? 🙂

Cheers

Carlos

Edited by chass32

NLR Motion Platform V3, Intel Core i9-9900K OC @ 5Ghz, Gigabyte Gaming OC 11GB RTX 2080ti, Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Ultra. Thermaltake Water 3.0 Riing LED RGB 360. Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4 3000 PC4-24000 32GB 4x8GB CL15. Lexar Professional NM700 M.2 2280 PCIe Gen3x4 NVMe 1TB SSD. Toughpower iRGB Plus 80 Plus Platinum 850W Full Modular. Thermaltake View32 TG USB 3.0 RGB. Oculus Rift S. Qled Samsung 65Q7FN.

38 minutes ago, chass32 said:

I could burn something down if I have my new G2 at home setting idle so we have to wait another month till we are opt in for the VR Beta 😕

Don't worrey, I'll keep you informed on how wonderfull Matrix is with the G1 😉

• Like 1

On 10/23/2020 at 3:39 AM, PlumCrazy said:

Maybe a dumb question, but why would you ever grab the yoke / throttle with the Quest controllers?  Doesn't it make more sense to just grab the physical throttle and stick right in front of you?

I actually find the mouse way easier to use for buttons/switches in X-Plane and DCS.  My Rift-S controllers rarely get touched while VR driving or flying.  They do get pulled out for the occasional session of Beat Saber though 😉

Generally because I have the controller in my right hand to reach everything in the cockpit easily, but joystick's also on my right