Sign in to follow this  
FAAmecanic

MSFS202 Avionics and switches locking up??

Ok in two days I have experienced two cases where the Avionics have locked up.  Once in the Cessna Caravan and once in the TBM930.

In the first case I was about 70nm out from KMCO and my Garmin displays locked up.   I could do things like change Altitude and Vert Speed...but it just wouldnt display in the screens.  And my MFD was locked in a 15 degree bank.  After about 5 min they started working again.

Second time in the TBM same thing happened as with Caravan. But I was also in icing conditions and ice building up.  So I went to turn on anti-ice and none of the switches would move.  But I clicked anyway and anti-ice turned on (even though switches showed off position).

On PC...current NVIDA drivers, Windows 10 with current updates.

Seems many people still believe that MSFS2020 is/will be what its name says. It's a scenery simulator in some points of Earth - not flight at all....

53 minutes ago, Pegaso said:

Seems many people still believe that MSFS2020 is/will be what its name says. It's a scenery simulator in some points of Earth - not flight at all....

Ok then enjoy the 2006 era graphics and horrible performance of P3D and FSX....... I’m a 2000+ hr commercial pilot and MSFS has way better flight dynamics than P3d or fsx the only sim that beats it is XP11 but the graphics of MSFS make up for that..  Now back on topic,I would report the issue to the Zendesk

Edited by z06z33
  • Like 4

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.

2 hours ago, FAAmecanic said:

Ok in two days I have experienced two cases where the Avionics have locked up.  Once in the Cessna Caravan and once in the TBM930.

You are one of many... unfortunately..

Nothing you can do, I believe, but wait for the next patch and hope it fixes this irritating bug.

😉

Bert

2 hours ago, Pegaso said:

MSFS is a flight simulator! It's no a believe it's fact. As in any new software developing cycle MSFS suffers fact bugs - is a facts. Many of us here can actually compare how simulator behave comparing to real life - is also fact.  What you are wring is not fact, it's believe based on personal bias and ignorance.

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

3 hours ago, Bert Pieke said:

You are one of many... unfortunately..

Nothing you can do, I believe, but wait for the next patch and hope it fixes this irritating bug.

😉

There's nothing worse than an irritating bug. 🐞

Thanks Bert...wanted to see if I was not the only one..... 

And others...please stay on topic.   You are entitled to your opinion or frustration.  But posting them to my post doesn't help me.

Edited by FAAmecanic

On 10/6/2020 at 8:19 AM, FAAmecanic said:

In the first case I was about 70nm out from KMCO and my Garmin displays locked up.   I could do things like change Altitude and Vert Speed...but it just wouldnt display in the screens.  And my MFD was locked in a 15 degree bank.  After about 5 min they started working again.

Second time in the TBM same thing happened as with Caravan. But I was also in icing conditions and ice building up.  So I went to turn on anti-ice and none of the switches would move.  But I clicked anyway and anti-ice turned on (even though switches showed off position).

I've been fortunate to not see what you listed, however, I have had the Baron 58 avionics suddenly switch off (with the switch still on), and the G1000 displays dim to about half their normal brightness. Cycling the AV power switch restored the AV power, but the displays stayed dim (making the purple on black text nearly impossible to read. Thankfully, the AP went back to do it's work, but it kept me from getting up from my chair to refill my coffee... 

This is new since v1.9.30.

I reported it via Zendesk and have yet to have any reply, unfortunately.

Edited by pmanhart

Philip Manhart  :American Flag:

13.jpg

- "Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something." ~ Plato

On 10/6/2020 at 5:19 PM, FAAmecanic said:

MANY topics on the subject already 🙂 A lot of people experience the same, and a lot dont. Wich to be honest, i find very strange.

Sounds like a problem I had. The solution for me was to go in graphics / traffic setting and turn 'use generic models' on for both AI and live traffic.

I think this is the same bug as those having black screens and switches turning themselves on and off.

Robin

I have not had problems with the default MSFS [2020] on my flights.

Just wondering if the pilots reporting problems have installed Community Mods or payware products that may be causing problems?

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

10 minutes ago, vonmar said:

I have not had problems with the default MSFS [2020] on my flights.

Just wondering if the pilots reporting problems have installed Community Mods or payware products that may be causing problems?

No. The problem has been acknowledged by Asobo / Microsoft.

The first thing I did when the problem started was to remove all my Mods. The problem continued until I made the traffic changes I mentioned.

The fact that only some simmers have the problem, may have more to do with Windows 10 Ver. or the hardware we run.

Robin