Sign in to follow this  
aero943

Please help

As of today the B78-10 no longer shows in my sim. Only two airliners, A320 & B747-8 . Is there any way to recover it? or do I have to uninstall and re-install the sim?

ASUS, Intel® Core™ i7-7700K, CPU 4.8GHz, NVIDIA GTX 1080Ti 11GB, 32GB RAM, 512GB SSD + 2TB HDD, ASUS 43" PG43UQ Monitor G-SYNC, LG UltraGear 27" GN850 G-SYNC

10 minutes ago, aero943 said:

As of today the B78-10 no longer shows in my sim. Only two airliners, A320 & B747-8 . Is there any way to recover it? or do I have to uninstall and re-install the sim?

Usually it's fixed if you restart computer and MSFS.

Or if you’re on Steam run a check of file integrity...

Have a look in your Profile/Content Manager. If it's there you should be able to reinstall it.

Mike Beckwith

Thank you guys but I had to uninstall and reinstall. The download is going on...

ASUS, Intel® Core™ i7-7700K, CPU 4.8GHz, NVIDIA GTX 1080Ti 11GB, 32GB RAM, 512GB SSD + 2TB HDD, ASUS 43" PG43UQ Monitor G-SYNC, LG UltraGear 27" GN850 G-SYNC

After the download and install it got worse!!!! I have now only one turbo and one propeller...wow.  What did I wrong of uninstalling and reinstalling the premium deluxe version I originally bought?? Any ideas ? 

1 hour ago, marsman2020 said:

Try the instructions on this known issues page for "only 2 aircraft" - https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/known-issues-last-modified-9-29-2020/128064

Thank you I will follow up the instructions tonight.

Remove your community folders ( back it up somewhere and restart you would see it

I had this issue with the Airbus... it was one of the freeware addons... especially the liveries ones..then akeep adding each folder and go back and check if the airliner is there... the time it disappear you know the offending freeware that made it disappear. 

Do not uninstall and reinstall the sim.

Edited by Manny
  • Like 1

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

8 hours ago, aero943 said:

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

3 hours ago, Manny said:

Remove your community folders ( back it up somewhere and restart you would see it

I had this issue with the Airbus... it was one of the freeware addons... especially the liveries ones..then akeep adding each folder and go back and check if the airliner is there... the time it disappear you know the offending freeware that made it disappear. 

Do not uninstall and reinstall the sim.

Unfortunately, after two un-re-installs there are only two planes in the content manager and no matter what I type in the search field does not work. I am really frustrated since I bought the premium deluxe and I have two planes only, and unable to go back to what I bought in the first place from the MS store. How can I uninstall ( wipe out everything) and have a clean like a first time install?

39 minutes ago, aero943 said:

Unfortunately, after two un-re-installs there are only two planes in the content manager and no matter what I type in the search field does not work. I am really frustrated since I bought the premium deluxe and I have two planes only, and unable to go back to what I bought in the first place from the MS store. How can I uninstall ( wipe out everything) and have a clean like a first time install?

Sounds like Windows is confused about file locations. I suggest this:

1. Uninstall the game completely

2. enable "show hidden files" and then search for and remove any folders called ...\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe and all contents

3. search for and remove anything else related to the game including the entire community folder, be sure to check for FS2020 related folders/files including hidden ones under users/xxx/appdata or under folders called /wpsystem

4, (optional) download a registry cleaner like CCleaner and run a registry clean (nothing else) remove anything it finds then uninstall the cleaner software

5. shutdown and restart ms store, xbox toolbar etc

6. Do a restart form the windows menu. NOT a shutdown as win10 by default only pretends to shutdown and actually hibernates - select restart windows

7. last step ... reinstall the game to a totally different location to the default one,  possibly create a games folder and install there, put it on a different drive if need be

OPTIONAL  ... you could also at Step 6 try creating a completely new windows user for FS2020 and make it a member of administrators and install the game as that new user

Edited by Glenn Fitzpatrick

15 hours ago, Cmcollazo71 said:

Or if you’re on Steam run a check of file integrity...

Steam file integrity managed to delete all my packages, causing the need of 90GB download. Be careful. Due to two stage download process (Steam first, then in sim) I highly doubt if Steam is aware of packages structure. 

Edited by Steku

Do not do the Steam Integrity check unless you want to completely reinstall 100GB of files. I speak from experience. 😡

Try logging out of your profile in game (top right of main menu) and then logging back in. See if that makes a difference.

James

4 minutes ago, Phantoms said:

Do not do the Steam Integrity check unless you want to completely reinstall 100GB of files. I speak from experience. 😡

Try logging out of your profile in game (top right of main menu) and then logging back in. See if that makes a difference.

I do not use Steam, I bought from the MS store. Thanks