Sign in to follow this  
ankh21

Content missing after reinstall

Hey,

after a WIN 10 crash, i was forced to recover my PC. Seems all is working as before. But MSFS didn't start. So i deinstalled FS via the WIN 10, after that checked all the places where data could persist, cleared all registiry entries and rebooted the PC.

After that i checked my MS Store account and my Microsoft account, all are saying that i have the Premium Deluxe Version. So i did a clean reinstall, but after that i have only two planes in my hangar: the C 152 and the TBM. I could not believe my eyes, so i deinstalled again, whiped off everything i could find, did the procedure again, and again only these two planes in my hangar! 

Checking my MS Store, it says that the Premium and Premium Deluxe content are not compatible with my system, but i am on WIN 10 2004. And when log in on my Microsoft account, the Premium Deluxe Version is marked as owned and able to be installed/playable. Even inside the FS, the marketplace says i own the content. I logged off on the Store and my Microsoft account, loggen in again, it always says the same, but a TBM and a C 152 is less than the standard edition 🙂

So, any ideas? Would be very happy for possible solutions. I searched the forum, but could not find a similar problem.

Matthias

run MSFS. Look at the top of opening screen. Select Profile, then select content manager. All of your missing files are located here.

Al Williams

Oh, thank you, I didn’t think of the content manager...

At the moment, I did a repair and after that a reset via the WIN App menu, now FS is loading again 95 GB of data 🙂 So I have to wait some hours perhaps. If after that my hangar is as empty as before, I will definitely try the content manager! 
Will report back. Thx!

Matthias 

P.S.: But to me it’s strange that I don’t even have the content of the standard edition installed?! Who knows...

Edited by ankh21
Add a P.S.

I had the same thing occur to me, in the content manager I was able to select what I wanted to install, I didn't have to install content I felt was unnecessary, it was kinda nice having the choice.

Win 11 pro 64Bit, X670 AORUS ELITE AX, Ryzen 9 7900x, RTX 4080, 64Gig GSkill 6000 DDR 5, Samaung Evo 4TB SSD.

18 minutes ago, christb said:

I had the same thing occur to me, in the content manager I was able to select what I wanted to install, I didn't have to install content I felt was unnecessary, it was kinda nice having the choice.

"Having the choice"...these words are very encouraging 😉 Giving the horrible experience of today a positive touch! Thx guys!

Success!

After several attempts and minimum a dozen of restarts, the content seems to be where is has been before the WIN crash. Oh Lord, reinstalling FS is nothing for people in a hurry or with high blood pressure 🙂 It's more like a D-check, and you can only keep fingers crossed that you don't find a single lonely screw after all that work 🙂

Thanks again for the hint with the content manager! 

Matthias