Sign in to follow this  
Moria15

strange atc issue started today.

Hi guys...

ok  givens... using default ATC..   4 mods installed, all airports, all from commercial devs..  no mods for garmin or anything else.  flying in the UK..  have definately only had this problem today, not just since 1.9.3..  no files needing update according to content manager..   Today being 6th October.

upto today...   set up ifr flight in sim planner...  select low altitude airways..  set altitude in the nav section..  go fly...   airport atc gives me ifr clearance instructions to altitude ( as set in sim prior to flight) prior to takeoff..  hands me over to either London or manchester depending on area...  flight continues until atc hands me off to destination airport..  destination airport clears me and brings me in...   what I would expect.

today..   set up ifr flight in sim planner...  select low altitude airways..  set altitude in the nav section..  go fly...   airport atc gives me ifr clearance instructions to altitude ( as set in sim prior to flight) prior to takeoff..  hands me over to either London or Manchester depending on area...  London or Manchester go batword not allowed crazy demanding increases in altitude to a level higher than the aircraft can fly.     If I cancel IFR and go back to VFR..  no issues with flight following, but I did try to re-establish the ifr flightplan on one flight, 10NM out of the destination..  got transferred to London and was immediately told to climb to 11.000 in a cessna.

Anyone else seen anything similar?

Regards

Graham

Edited by Moria15

System specs...   CPU AMD5950,  GPU AMD6900XT,  ROG crosshair VIII Hero motherboard, Corsair 64 gig LPX 3600 mem, Air cooling on GPU,   Kraken x pump cooling on CPU.  Samsung G7 curved 27" monitor at 2k resolution ULTRA default settings.

Yes, did a small ifr flight with low altitude airways with 6000 ft selected in navlog page, in cruise at 6000 ft atc instructed me to climb to 14000.

Alexander Colka

Yeah, I have been having the same problem here.

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White 

never mind, should go into other topic

Edited by DAD

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

Are you physically setting the altitude in navlog screen after  choosing low altitude airways.  The sim will set its own value if you don't and that is what ATC will ultimately direct you to.

Example, by default if I don't change it, high altitude airway flights seem to always default to  FL390 unless I set it to something else before hitting the FLY  button.