Sign in to follow this  
Moria15

Things changing without update?

I notice in the content manager that changes are starting to stack up waiting for 1.9.4,

Changes so far are to :-  Bush Trips, EGLL, Flight Training, Japan scenery and Japan procedural buildings, KJFK and KSFO.  All are marked as update available but dependencies list them waiting for V 1.9.4

however, does this mean that things are also changing in the sim in the background?   Today I noticed that the first items were appearing for 1.9.4 and also today i started seeing an issue with ATC I hadn't seen before today....  so starting to wonder what is getting updated and when and whether anything is changing in the background or whether i am just imagining things.

Graham

System specs...   CPU AMD5950,  GPU AMD6900XT,  ROG crosshair VIII Hero motherboard, Corsair 64 gig LPX 3600 mem, Air cooling on GPU,   Kraken x pump cooling on CPU.  Samsung G7 curved 27" monitor at 2k resolution ULTRA default settings.

Starting today (Oct 6) I am also having NEW ATC issues. So bad of issues and repeated issues that I am reinstalling MSFS. I wonder what the reinstall will bring and what is happening behind the scenes waiting for 1.9.4? It is getting VERY frustrating to say the least.

• Upvote 2

Bob "roadwarrior" Werab

Config: ASUS Prime Motherboard, RYZEN 5, 32 GB Ram, Radeon RX5700 XT, 2 TB SSD

2 minutes ago, KSATRoadWarrior said:

Starting today (Oct 6) I am also having NEW ATC issues. So bad of issues and repeated issues that I am reinstalling MSFS. I wonder what the reinstall will bring and what is happening behind the scenes waiting for 1.9.4? It is getting VERY frustrating to say the least.

Is this what you are seeing from today?

Graham

System specs...   CPU AMD5950,  GPU AMD6900XT,  ROG crosshair VIII Hero motherboard, Corsair 64 gig LPX 3600 mem, Air cooling on GPU,   Kraken x pump cooling on CPU.  Samsung G7 curved 27" monitor at 2k resolution ULTRA default settings.

From MS.....We are now in control...Do not attempt to adjust your computer. Attempts to resist will be futile..LOL!!

• Like 4

Sam

Prepar3D V5.3/12700K@5.1/EVGA 3080 TI/1000W PSU/Windows 10/40" 4K Samsung@3840x2160/ASP3D/ASCA/ORBX/
ChasePlane/General Aviation/Honeycomb Alpha+Bravo/MFG Rudder Pedals/

That issue I have not seen but I noticed that things are being prepared in the background. In my content manager the package „procedural buildings Japan“ shows an available update which as dependency refers to MSFS v1.9.5. As of now I am still on 1.9.3 though

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

Things like Tail number stay in the field now and were changed without notice, not shocked if there are more.

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

Maybe these if they really exist are the so calles hotfixes?

Petteri Pulkkinen

EFNU, Finland

11 minutes ago, Drumcode said:

Things like Tail number stay in the field now and were changed without notice, not shocked if there are more.

That was a 1.9.3 change and documented as such.

Graham

My controller settings were reset today. Ah, the joy of the cloud, i.e. give up control of what you do.

Hans

My sensitivity controls now work. Was that fixed in 1.9.3    I must have missed it !

Dave Swigert

WIN 10/  i7-9700K@4.8 GHz/ 32 GB ram/ BENQ BL3200 monitor/ NVIDIA GTX1080 TI video

12 hours ago, Eclex said:

My sensitivity controls now work. Was that fixed in 1.9.3    I must have missed it !

Yes, Sensitivity was brought back in 1.9.3.

A lot of the changes people are seeing is not background updates, but rather marketplace updates. They are not the same thing and the Marketplace will always update it's content in the background. If something in the marketplace says it requires version 1.9.4 or something that's kind of like a placeholder telling you that you can't have it until at least this version is out.

Edited by Phantoms

James