Sign in to follow this  
Guest TheAmbler

Control sensitivities

I'm finding that trying to run my CH Yoke/Rudders at the same sensitivity and null zone settings as FS9 results in extremely sensitive controls. Find it difficult to keep a/c in straight line on ground and porpoise up/down when flying. In FS9 I had sliders at max sensitivity and null zone extreme left - all was well.Being trying various combinations and can't find the magic spot yet - anyone else notice this or is it just me?VicP4 3.4 2G Ram GeForce 7600/512 96.89 TRU Driver 2 SATA 250G drives XP Pro/sp2 CH Yoke/RudderVisit the Virtual Pilot's Centerwww.flightadventures.comhttp://www.hifisim.com/Active Sky V6 Proud SupporterRadar Contact Supporter: http://www.jdtllc.com/

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

Guest kayann

I am unfortunately having the exact same issue with my Logitech Force 3D Pro Joystick... It's the constant see-sawing up and down that really drives me nuts. It happens with force-feedback on or off (currently running it off) and changing the sentives down or up doesn't seem to help much, I've had the null zones up and down (currently where I need them to stop 'jiggling' controls).I've also played with the aircraft.cfg files, lowering the efficiancies of the elevators etc from 1.0 to settings like .7-.5 with little difference (hope it's not having a negative effect elsewhere)I've tried the STICK_SENSITIVITY_MODE=0 thingy to change the ramping effect in the controls and I still have issues (certainly need max sensitivity now just to get most of the range of movement!)I'm at a loss what to do! (sorry I'm no help to you!)Is it my joystick? If it had a real spring, or was a yoke would it be better? Then again people like yourself have some issues too...I've noticed that no matter how I try I can't map the range of joystick movement to the VC yokes... I can keep moving my joystick after the virtual yoke has stopped - wonder if this is an issue or not. For some reason (maybe my joystick) some things (eg. rudder) don't appear to be centred properly - ie. I can make a left rudder almost instantly, but need to travel with my stick a little bit more to right rudder... Is this just my poor joystick or issues with the game or a combination?Any 3rd party programs that will help? Preferably with a demo thanks. I'd rather not pay for something I can't test...

Fsuipc has a control function that puts the control axes on a curve which is controllable by the user. Near the center, less control and nearer the ends more. This maintains the full movement with the 'stick' all the way to the stops. Works like a charm.

Guest cwright

Vic, you can adjust the sensitivity setting for each axis for an individual aircraft. Look in aircraft.cfg in the flight_tuning section. (the aircraft files are in the sub-directory sim_objectsairplanes)For example, try changing elevator_effectiveness = 1.0 to elevator_effectiveness = 0.5Best regards, Chris

Guest Valkyrie321

Won't that change the aerodynamic abilities of the elevator? I would use that, but only as a last ditch effort... Just knowing that my elevator isn't as effective as it "should" be gives me the chills... Imagine your elevator only capable of only 50% during a stall!Correct me if I wrong though... I just don't know enough about that setting in the .cfg file to understand what is REALLY happening, but it certainly does not sound like it should.(PS, I have a Force Feedback Sidewinder 2, and although sensitive everything comes down to trim.)

Guest TheAmbler

What we really need is the FSX version of FSForce which always solved this one for me. Strangely its not neccessarily an FSX problem -- I just updated my Flight1 Cessna 172 which has nice steady controls and trims beautifully.

So far I'm creeping up on it. I moved the sensitivitgy sliders to about 25% and am ioncreasing from there. Seems like a bit over 50% is providing good control on several of the jets and the cessna & beech. Haven't tried the Extra. I think tweaking the individual cfg of the a/c that I fly most often is worth looking into Also, don't forget that FSX allows you to save different FSX.CFG files for various flights also.VicVisit the Virtual Pilot's Centerwww.flightadventures.comhttp://www.hifisim.com/Active Sky V6 Proud SupporterRadar Contact Supporter: http://www.jdtllc.com/

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

Guest cwright

The problem is that the elevator is too effective! The whole point is to turn it down a bit. Reducing these settings is probably equivalent to reducing the gain of the joystick, the difference being that you can adjust the individual axes for specific aircraft.In practice you would adjust these settings until it controls just right.Best regards, Chris